IGNORED

Flashback 2+ for preorder on Atari.com, get a free T-shirt

I'm sure I don't actually need to say this, but when one of you receives the FB2+ (thus confirming that Atari didn't send you a resealed box containing just Hope, with a label that said "Don't open, Pandora!"), make sure to post about it in this thread. I'll then update my plug-n-play listing.

onmode-ky

• Like 1

Just wanted to let everyone know, the actual Honey Nut Cheerios boxes with the competition are out at Target (they're exclusively available there AFAIK). Only it looks like General Mills did a screw up - the stuff on the box is all FB2 and not 2+. :(

Hey, Marty. Is the General Mills competition a mail-away/UPC thing, or an "instant win" inside the box for the FB2+? I'm heading to the store in the next couple days to get a box or two.

• Like 1

I changed the design on my USB joysticks, if you look at the hubs that the sticks connect to, I changed them when a ribbed design to vastly increase the strength, increased the thickness of the contact tabs by an extra 1mm and changed the ABS plastic mixture to make it a little more flexible, less rigid and less breakable. Lastly so many complained about sticks unscrewing themselves, I created a "Lock Stick" design.

Curt

Sounds like the sticks alone might be worth the price of admission. Heck, the t shirt offer isn't bad, either. Pay for two controllers and some vintage themed threads, and get a free console with what, 40 games? Sounds like a good deal to me. :)

Of course, if the game I want to play isn't on the console, I've probably got it on cart.

I wonder if the shirts will ever be sold in stores. :?:

Edited by shadow460
  • Like 1

Just wanted to let everyone know, the actual Honey Nut Cheerios boxes with the competition are out at Target (they're exclusively available there AFAIK). Only it looks like General Mills did a screw up - the stuff on the box is all FB2 and not 2+. :(

Interesting, I'll have to take a look the next time I'm in Target. Thanks for the heads up.

..Al

• Like 1

My FB2+ has been shipped, expected to arrive Tuesday. Whoo hoo!

Mine shows as back ordered, pending shipment. My purchase date was 21 January. :sad:

Mine is "Backordered" as well... :x

I pre-ordered 22 Jan. I'm curious to know if there's anyone else here in the same boat as us...

edit-

Well, nevermind then...

I just got an email saying that it shipped today. That's what I get for being impatient!! :roll:

Edited by jsmith73
  • Like 1

I'm sure I don't actually need to say this, but when one of you receives the FB2+ (thus confirming that Atari didn't send you a resealed box containing just Hope, with a label that said "Don't open, Pandora!"), make sure to post about it in this thread. I'll then update my plug-n-play listing.

onmode-ky

Got mine over an hour ago via UPS to my front door where I met the driver for it.

It's real, a Flashback 2+ exactly like those pictures posted by Curt earlier in this thread with its box, old Atari logo, XL Atari 2600 T-Shirt, Sports Arena games Double Dunk, Realsports Boxing, Realsports Soccer, Super Baseball, Super Football, also, both Yars' Return and Lunar Lander are no longer out of adjustment or flicker.

Circus Atari is that new "Top Secret" menu game.

:thumbsup:

Thanks again Curt, Marty et al at Legacy Engineering!

:cool:

Rick Vendl II

Edited by TrekkiELO

Sheesh. Now the "Classic Gaming Console" link on Atari.com is gone. It's as though the FB2+ never existed. Was it a dream?

-edit

Ok, I'll quit whinning now. I saw Marty's post in the Atari.com Flashback forum. Retail only now. Time to go shopping!

Edited by Buck
  • Like 1

My FB2+ has been shipped, expected to arrive Tuesday. Whoo hoo!

Mine shows as back ordered, pending shipment. My purchase date was 21 January. :sad:

Mine is "Backordered" as well... :x

I pre-ordered 22 Jan. I'm curious to know if there's anyone else here in the same boat as us...

edit-

Well, nevermind then...

I just got an email saying that it shipped today. That's what I get for being impatient!! :roll:

Got my email today, too. Mucho excitemento!

• Like 1

With the FB2+ now confirmed as having been released, I have attached the most recent version of my pnpgames text file at my comprehensive plug-n-play listing thread. Even though it's been 6 months since I posted the last version of the file, the newest one does not differ that much from the previous version. The only significant change is, of course, the addition of the FB2+.

onmode-ky

• Like 1

Got mine today, and just like last time, I got some warm fuzzies from remembering the sounds from Asteroids (even though the "arcade" visuals are so different). The sports games are better than I remember (double dunk's theme song is adorable) and it's nice to have more 2p options.

Would love to add some more games. Guess I need to add a cartridge port.

The tshirt is absolutely HUGE.

Thanks Curt et al for another new toy. Hope the FB portable happens soon!

Edited by Flojomojo
  • Like 2

I receive both mine, today! I'm giddy, but the wife is pissed off. She was not consoled with the offer of a free T-shirt.

It's hard to sneak in brand new stuff; when it's older and opened stuff I can set it in the collection and say "Oh, that? I've had that for years, you never noticed it?"

But something like a large box I can see getting caught.

• Like 1

I receive both mine, today! I'm giddy, but the wife is pissed off. She was not consoled with the offer of a free T-shirt.

It's hard to sneak in brand new stuff; when it's older and opened stuff I can set it in the collection and say "Oh, that? I've had that for years, you never noticed it?"

But something like a large box I can see getting caught.

Geez. They're raising all this fuss over a measly $30 console?! What's wrong with being happy because you're getting something that makes you happy?

I'm glad I'm single. :roll:

• Like 1