IGNORED

Flashback 2+ for preorder on Atari.com, get a free T-shirt

Tooling changes were not made - takes 30 days to implement new steel dies and then there is the costs involved. No time to make any changes and again this project was to be done with no hardware incurred costs.

I changed the design on my USB joysticks, if you look at the hubs that the sticks connect to, I changed them when a ribbed design to vastly increase the strength, increased the thickness of the contact tabs by an extra 1mm and changed the ABS plastic mixture to make it a little more flexible, less rigid and less breakable. Lastly so many complained about sticks unscrewing themselves, I created a "Lock Stick" design.

Curt

I am strangely turned on right now. :lust:

I missed out on the Flashback 2, hopefully I'll be able to pick this one up, mainly for Adventure 2 and the new games I haven't heard of before. Thanks!

• Like 1

We need to help get the word out ourselves.

I posted about it on my site. Now we need to help spread the word through the major online gamer communities - Gamespot, IGN, GameTrailers, 1up, GameFAQs, and Giant Bomb.

The thing is with "gamer communities", there are more video game websites(such as the ones you mentioned) then there are video games. A lot of "me too" video game sites. It's diluted, and often one news story will be copied to all the other sites.

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't have that info. I believe they are looking to I think Walmart and possibly Target, but that is not a solid thing, if/when I have more info that I can release I will let everyone know.

Curt

Curt, is there any word on when these will be released in stores--for Wal-Mart and Target? I would assume there will be a period that Atari sells them exclusively on their site before the big chains get them--right?

• Like 1

WHOA!! Where did Atari put the page for the Flashback2+ As of 10:03 CST, it is MIA. Link redirects to main Atari page and search comes up with no results!! What's the deal-io?!!

That is interesting.

..Al

Agreed. I have been debating pre-ordering from Atari vs buying from retail. I checked the link periodically. This was a surprise. (BTW, Hi Albert. Long time. I've been gone since the CC2 beta test days. I'll try to be around more.)

edit:fixed goofed up quote crap

Edited by Buck
  • Like 1

What strikes me as odd is the fact that the page didn't say something to the effect of,"Sorry, we are no longer taking pre-orders at this time" Or anything, really. A redirect to the main page without an explanation is kindy crummy. Then when you navigate to the "Classic Games Console" link via Platforms, it just says "no result" It almost has the feel that not only are pre-orders done, but that the console won't be available later at all. Now that would suck.

• Like 1

RS Volleyball has been done already, it was time for some different titles, so I chose boxing, doubledunk (I was going to put in RS Basketball, but it has some issues so I through DD would be a better choice) baseball, football and hopefully if it goes international - people will appreciate RS Soccer being included as well. I was so focused on the sports titles and then trying to see if we could do a zero component change fix to allow the video touch pad to work, that I should've included Solaris and I wish I had.

Yes - seeing the proper fuji logo and not some stupid modern hybrid crap really warms the heart :-)

Curt

Glad to see the proper Atari logo is back. Let's not change it again, mmmkay?

Also, RealSports Volleyball would have been a great inclusion. Probably the most fun RealSports title in the 2600 library. Ah well...

• Like 1

Any idea why Atari decided to take there product off its webpage? Even if they are not going to be taking anymore orders online, it would still be good to advertise for it since they plan on selling it through retail locations, correct? Getting rid of the page and having absolutely no mention of it on your site seems kind of odd to me.

• Like 2