IGNORED

Flashback 2+ for preorder on Atari.com, get a free T-shirt

Got mine today. It's awesome, but Atari did a piss-poor job of shipping it. The shirt was crumpled up and the console's box was just thrown in there, with at least a foot and a half of wiggle room.

Yep. Mine arrived today, exactly the same with plenty of room inside the shipping box.

The Flashback 2+ box is not scratched or dented, so I am very happy to own one.

:D

Thanks to Curt and everyone responsible for the Flashback 2+

• Like 1

Mine came in last nite, woop! Yeah, Atari did a pissy job shipping it, oversized box with _no_ packing matieral at all. The box arrived in pretty good shape and t-shirt is awesome, tho too bad it's so friggin huge on me. Minor quibbles, great little set up for the price. Thanks again to everyone involved, looks to be another excellent product!

• Like 1

Mine came in last nite, woop! Yeah, Atari did a pissy job shipping it, oversized box with _no_ packing matieral at all. The box arrived in pretty good shape and t-shirt is awesome, tho too bad it's so friggin huge on me. Minor quibbles, great little set up for the price. Thanks again to everyone involved, looks to be another excellent product!

Argh!! Anyone find them at Target or Walmart? What is the easiest way to make sure it is a Flashback 2+ (in case the wife looks for one).. :-) Don't understand why they would still not sell them online if they would sell!

• Like 1

That was precisely why I recommended the change in color on the box to make it easily discernible from the orignal FB2 and there would be no question, plus it also says 2+ on it as well...

Curt

If it's a FB 2+ it'll be in a black and white themed box, rather than a red and white themed box. I think that's the easiest way to tell without going into tiny details.

• Like 1

That was precisely why I recommended the change in color on the box to make it easily discernible from the orignal FB2 and there would be no question, plus it also says 2+ on it as well...

Curt

If it's a FB 2+ it'll be in a black and white themed box, rather than a red and white themed box. I think that's the easiest way to tell without going into tiny details.

Right, it does in fact say 2+ on it but someone say, shopping for someone else might not notice it, but the black themed box is easily discernible, even when you're in a hurry.

That's really awesome that your name is in the manual, along with Wgungfu and Albert :)

The packing slip to me is a part of my Personal Atari History :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Curt

Right, it does in fact say 2+ on it but someone say, shopping for someone else might not notice it, but the black themed box is easily discernible, even when you're in a hurry.

That's really awesome that your name is in the manual, along with Wgungfu and Albert :)

Oh good, I'm not the only one who saved the packing slip. ;)

• Like 1

Heck yeah, where else would a person get one?? It's kind of like a certificate or something, making it genuine. Or just seems to be more authentic.

I just noticed that there IS no serial number on the bottom of mine, so it must be on the inside. Also noticed that the white sticker does have the Warranty message on it (missed that in my unboxing video).

I'll be doing a comparative vid later today between the FB2 and the FB2+. My inner collector is kicking in.

• Like 1

Curt

Same here. :D

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

Edited by TrekkiELO

Heck yeah, where else would a person get one?? It's kind of like a certificate or something, making it genuine. Or just seems to be more authentic.

I just noticed that there IS no serial number on the bottom of mine, so it must be on the inside. Also noticed that the white sticker does have the Warranty message on it (missed that in my unboxing video).

I'll be doing a comparative vid later today between the FB2 and the FB2+. My inner collector is kicking in.

I was wondering if the serial # was inside, but I'm not willing to take it apart yet to see... That would be like taking your newborn apart :P

• Like 1

Curt

Same here. :D

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

Well there's three of us that will admit to it!! ;)

My wife thinks I'm obsessive... :roll:

• Like 1

I know that it's been mentioned before,but I just want to add to the general "groan".

That was the dumbest boxing job ever! I say "boxing" because that sure wasn't packing :dunce:

That distributor should be ashamed of themselves for doing that!!

Thank (insert deity here) that the FB2+ was well packaged from the factory...

OK Thanks for listening...

Jason

• Like 1

I know that it's been mentioned before,but I just want to add to the general "groan".

That was the dumbest boxing job ever! I say "boxing" because that sure wasn't packing :dunce:

That distributor should be ashamed of themselves for doing that!!

Thank (insert deity here) that the FB2+ was well packaged from the factory...

OK Thanks for listening...

Jason

Seconded, you guys can't say that enough! :thumbsup:

Rick

mine is being posted this weekend, will I be the first to get one in Europe?!

You might be...

I haven't noticed any one else from across the pond mention it.

Hey did anyone else wear the tshirt to work? I'm rockin' it and have gotten quite a few compliments!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I went to my local Target Greatland (and Walmart and Toys R Us) yesterday and none of them have it. :( hopefully they will be getting them (soon).

there is still another local Target I can check. I wonder if Best Buy will have it?

if I can't find any before Midwest Gaming Classic, hopefully someone will have some to sell at the show. Marty?....

also looking for that commodore 64 plug n play.

• Like 1

Guys, I have no idea why you're looking at retailers now for them. We never stated they were at retailers now. What was stated -

Sorry, I don't have that info. I believe they are looking to I think Walmart and possibly Target, but that is not a solid thing, if/when I have more info that I can release I will let everyone know.

Curt

• Like 1