IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

2 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

Hockey isn't too terrible to get but you have to look every day since they go fast once one pops up. Backgammon is a nightmare to find CIB! Not as bad as Checkers but still rare. I have a very nice copy of BG that I will be taking to PRGE to help The Most Interesting Italian In the WorldTM complete his set :lolblue:

Haha! He is a manly bastard. ?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

lol, well I wouldn't just tease a fellow collector like that if I wasn't willing to deal. We'll work something out and I'll be happy to help finish his collection. I finished my own 125 with deals from 2 legends in the community here so I like to help where I can.

Awesome you're able to do that. Banging off that many in one shot to finish a set is huge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Hockey isn't too terrible to get but you have to look every day since they go fast once one pops up. Backgammon is a nightmare to find CIB! Not as bad as Checkers but still rare. I have a very nice copy of BG that I will be taking to PRGE to help The Most Interesting Italian In the WorldTM complete his set :lolblue:

:o:o:o

:grin:

• Haha 1

I've had the worst time finding Hockey actually.  Oddly enough, 4 copies of Sears Checkers have filtered through me.  No idea why that one keeps popping up.

I know Backgammon is a bitch to find, and frankly if it were for @Humblejack I would've never grabbed Roulette either.

The kindness of fellow collectors helps a ton.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 6:27 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Finally unboxed things today after returning from vacation.  Ended up coming down with something when he got home and haven’t had much energy.  Here’s the couple of Intellivision items I picked up that I’ve been on the search for for some time.  

I’ve never found many of these, so when these came available, I had to make a big push for them.  Very likely overpaid, but when you see something that doesn’t ever come up, you better get it then

finally, being a big Sears fan, I’ve wanted this since I first saw it. Still not sure if these were sold at Sears or how they got they got to market.  The seller didn’t have any history either but said he’s owned it since he got the system.  It’s in rough shape, but hoping that it will clean up somewhat. It will sit nicely next to its Mattel twin.  

34CD1401-B602-42BB-9F24-650FBC37E1D1.thumb.jpeg.c28c7021d5359d5beb73489581397e18.jpeg87BB346A-1EC0-439C-A50C-25CE5DF3B249.thumb.jpeg.d8e0648e35eb8b6dc687225c0cdfa5b6.jpegA9ABF622-BC88-4E64-A262-8FE331A60DAD.thumb.jpeg.fa478460ed9d4f57e835c87074c7e7d8.jpeg

Took some elbow grease, but finally got the case and system cleaned up nicely.  Didn’t come out too bad. Not sure what to do (if anything) with the missing foam on top.  

872EE4C4-5FD6-47D3-9ADE-9AE3F480CF91.thumb.jpeg.9127f51a886bf60c3100ecf5ba8c68ab.jpegEBA098CF-8C9D-469A-A936-B7E229EEA3DA.thumb.jpeg.0d909dfb7c58c4eae5e01eaf6eaed89b.jpeg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

A couple of questions on what I recently picked up. 

is this the International release of Checkers with the slots on the back?

is it normal for this to include the INTV B&W instructions?

41CC6FBD-015B-4053-B275-601226A99A3F.thumb.jpeg.7ec858c31bfc4cfa8dbdcecb7c51ff1f.jpeg9E281A68-265C-4C1E-ABCD-F0C472B05D48.thumb.jpeg.058025d142197c6b5fa922b469d7e6e3.jpeg

Hi Bill,

Yes, you got an international version with slots back (the one without slots has never been documented so far for this game) but the seller added an Intellivision Inc. bw manual…

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Bill,

Yes, you got an international version with slots back (the one without slots has never been documented so far for this game) but the seller added an Intellivision Inc. bw manual…

Thank you.  That is what I was thinking but wanted to verify. 

2 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

41CC6FBD-015B-4053-B275-601226A99A3F.thumb.jpeg.7ec858c31bfc4cfa8dbdcecb7c51ff1f.jpeg9E281A68-265C-4C1E-ABCD-F0C472B05D48.thumb.jpeg.058025d142197c6b5fa922b469d7e6e3.jpeg

Nice pickup. Every time I see the Intellivision Inc Checkers my brain always wants to think of it as rare like Backgammon and I'm drawn to hitting "Buy it now" ? As an aside if you ever come across the Italian version, "Dama", grab it as it's very rare. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Nice pickup. Every time I see the Intellivision Inc Checkers my brain always wants to think of it as rare like Backgammon and I'm drawn to hitting "Buy it now" ? As an aside if you ever come across the Italian version, "Dama", grab it as it's very rare. 

What Intellivision Inc Checkers? ?

19 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

I think I found a Checkers manual in a foreign game as well.  I always wondered if these were originally sold as baggie Intellivision Inc boxless games or just included with foreign games (or both).  Either way, nice find on a rare manual.  Do you have all the others?

5 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I think I found a Checkers manual in a foreign game as well.  I always wondered if these were originally sold as baggie Intellivision Inc boxless games or just included with foreign games (or both).  Either way, nice find on a rare manual.  Do you have all the others?

I already had the Checkers one.  I have most of the others, but I’m missing maybe 1 or 2.  Maybe Frog Bog but I can’t think of the other. 

edit:  Tennis is the other. Only missing II manuals for Tennis and Frog Bog. 

Edited by Atari_Bill

39 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I already had the Checkers one.  I have most of the others, but I’m missing maybe 1 or 2.  Maybe Frog Bog but I can’t think of the other. 

I think I've only seen two Frog Bogs.  Steve and one of the Italian guys (Spada?).  That's the last one I need, though I think I misplaced my Tron SS, so I should find that.  Edit: found Tron and updated pic!

Here are mine:

132536983_IMG_20220611_1100082.thumb.jpg.2b6014f40a5345ca8ac2615dddf84092.jpg

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
Updated pic
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Thank you.  That is what I was thinking but wanted to verify. 

I believe this could be wrong. I've received about 6 international games recently (from different sellers and countries) all with 2 sets of manuals like this... one from country of origin, and a b/w english copy. Its my thought that they originally came like this. We need more verification from collectors in UK, Germany, France, & Italy.  Ive seen this in German, French, & Italian games. Will post some pics soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

edit:  Tennis is the other. Only missing II manuals for Tennis and Frog Bog. 

Hmm. I was thinking of Chess not Checkers. I might need II Checkers manual actually 

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I think I've only seen two Frog Bogs.  Steve and one of the Italian guys (Spada?).  That's the last one I need, though I think I misplaced my Tron SS, so I should find that.  Edit: found Tron and updated pic!

I am missing Frog Bog and TRON SS, in addition to Super Series Baseball. There also appears to be an early B&W Golf manual that still has Mattel copyright info that I am missing.

In addition to Super Series, I also have no WL cartridge for Backgammon, Mr. Basic and Word Fun. And still missing various other varieties.