IGNORED

RealDos is Shareware

Stephen J. Carden

Hi Stephen,

A couple of questions if this topic is still alive...

I tried realdos last wek-end.

Do you still work on realdos ? And how to pay the Shareware fees to support your work ?

I think I am not the only one to ask but does the registered version remove this huge copyright header on each command ?

Because it's like having big banners or popup ads in web browsing - quite annoying...

About the dos itself.

I wish I could run PROKEY but it fails. I tried the version bundled with build 30.

The documentation about PROKEY says:

"RealDOS tool V. 1.6 - 15 June 2010 (not working) ???"

"VERSION 1.3 - 3 March 2010 works".

I tried PROKEY from Build 26 but it does not work either.

I guess version 1.3 is in a build between 26 and 30 but I can not find one.

Could you provide this version 1.3 which is working ?

Thanks

Just curious... Do you users of Realdos find that it is much different (from a user perspective) than 3.2g or one of the flavors of 3.3?

-Larry

Hi Larry!

Just so you know I wrote the modifications in SpartaDos 3.3a,b,c,d. So to say RealDos 1.0a and SpartaDos 3.3a,b,c,d look and feel the same is true. SpartaDos 3.3a-D are early versions of RealDos. RealDos would have been named SpartaDos 3.3??? If there was not a problem with the owership of SpartaDos. How SpartaDos 3.3x came ablut was because of a bug in SpartaDos 3.2x that would scramble a disk directory. Also SpartaDos did not support 9 drives or the Multiplexer. So me and a friend of mine took apart SpartaDos 3.2c added drive 9 and multiplexer as well as a new siov code, MSDOS Command set, and SpartaDos 3.3x was born. Now SpartaDos 3.3a,b,c was always FREE toAtari users that had already owned SpartaDos. The a persone who did not own any of the code I wrote for spartados was bulling people as to the owership of the Dos. So to fix that RealDos was born to cut that bully out of the picture.

Right now I am running RealDos 1.0a Build 32 which was designed to work with the Ultimate 1 Meg, Side, Side 2, IDEa, IDE Plus 2.0 Rev D. Incognito, SDrive, SIO2USB, SIO2IDE, SIO2SD, and the SIO2PC and Ape. As well as the MIO, Black Box with or without Floppy Board, and the rest of the classic atari hardware. Right now I am working on support of all the new time clock devices. TDLINE2 right Now supports MuxTime, R-Time 8, U1Meg and Side 1 or 2, Incognito, IDE Plus, APETime, SIo2PC Time calls, ABBUC SIO2USB. I am working with the ARC Clock and DS1307 Real Time Clock. Then I need to write seprate TDline's to do real time updates and not just set the time when the Dos boots. Also my TDline2 will also function with classic spartados 3.2x and 3.3x. I have been wanting to get someone to come in on the RealDos project. So if someone wants to work with dos please e-mail me. RealDos has gotten to be a very large project. I have over 100+ Support files with more that need to be written.

Stephen J. Carden

http://www.realdos.net

Telnet realdos.net port 8888 for inside the 8-bit bbs.

Edited by Stephen J. Carden
  • Like 1

Hi Stephen,

A couple of questions if this topic is still alive...

I tried realdos last wek-end.

Do you still work on realdos ? And how to pay the Shareware fees to support your work ?

I think I am not the only one to ask but does the registered version remove this huge copyright header on each command ?

Because it's like having big banners or popup ads in web browsing - quite annoying...

About the dos itself.

I wish I could run PROKEY but it fails. I tried the version bundled with build 30.

The documentation about PROKEY says:

"RealDOS tool V. 1.6 - 15 June 2010 (not working) ???"

"VERSION 1.3 - 3 March 2010 works".

I tried PROKEY from Build 26 but it does not work either.

I guess version 1.3 is in a build between 26 and 30 but I can not find one.

Could you provide this version 1.3 which is working ?

Thanks

Hi Fellow RealDos user.

Yes I still work on RealDos. I am working on a very large upgrade to realdos. If you want to send me a shareware fee then thank you very much. But After looking at how expensive things and with some input from friends I no longer require a money shareware fee. The Shareware fee is nothing more than an e-mail so I have an idea of how many people are using my RealDos. Just send me a private e-mail and I will see what I need to do to fix you right up. Please feel free to chekc out my web site http://www.realdos.net

Take Care Seve

Edited by Stephen J. Carden