IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

What I spend my money on is none of your damn business.

This was what I was talking about earlier about how a few jerks drive away new members to the site.

Indeed. If I were you, I'd be majorly weirded out by people stalking me and looking at my eBay puchases.

• Like 2

Hi Tanman, Glad you found AA. Please don't take offense at the skepticism. It's only natural for something of this rarity. I don't think those who are calling 'April Fool' or are looking for details to point to the possible joke mean anything personal.

I, for one, will be one of the fools if this turns out to be a joke. I really hope it is not. If real, this is a fantastic find for you and for the collecting community as a whole! It would really be great to finally have those images of the box in the various databases.

Dave

Yeah, come to atariage where someone will dig into what and how much you spend on eBay and then speculate on your financial situation.

Just plain creepy.

Some people call it 'driving away'.....others call it 'evolution'. Only the strong-willed will survive in the land of ATARI!!!!! :D

J/K :D

• Like 1

Yeah, it is wierdos like that guy that made me put the game in a safety deposit box. Dig up my eBay purchase, find out where I live, work.... Not a huge leap

I have to say, yeah, looking into someone's eBay purchases is a little creepy....

I just goof around, I don't dig up info on people. That's messed up.

What I spend my money on is none of your damn business.

This was what I was talking about earlier about how a few jerks drive away new members to the site.

Wow, name calling! Cute. :)

I wasn't intending to be a offensive, I apologize if it came off that way. Keep in mind, you're not coming on here claiming to be a collector, but as someone who says they had their stuff stashed away for 20 years and isn't even sure what they have. If what I see as an inconsistency being pointed out offends you, that's a shame for a guy who stands to benefit from the largest single game Atari sale on record. It's not like I'm posting you phone number or personally attacking you. Anyone who is likely to bid is sure to check out your feedback history. And I'm sure they'll agree you have a nice stamp collection as well!

Good luck on the sale, I'm out-- before I get the blame for the auction being pulled!

Edited by Murph74

Hi Tanman, Glad you found AA. Please don't take offense at the skepticism. It's only natural for something of this rarity. I don't think those who are calling 'April Fool' or are looking for details to point to the possible joke mean anything personal.

I, for one, will be one of the fools if this turns out to be a joke. I really hope it is not. If real, this is a fantastic find for you and for the collecting community as a whole! It would really be great to finally have those images of the box in the various databases.

Dave

Exactly, if this was any other time of the year, I think there'd be a lot less skeptism. Its the just the timing of it is all.

2. Hey, Albert. Since you took the pics, any chance these will be in the 2600 database on this site?

None of the pics I took have been posted yet--I'll get them online in the morning. I will have proper scans of the box soon and will add those to the database.

..Al

Cool. Since this is a most likely once in a lifetime find, we need to document it as soon as we can. We may never see this again!

Well I for one am just watching how this all plays out. I don't think it's a hoax simply because having people bid thousands on something that isn't legit is just wrong. That would piss off alot of hardcore collectors, and it wouldn't be funny at all. Bidding thousands is serious business. I don't believe Al would want to pull a joke like that.

To me if it was a joke it'd sort of go down like this. It'd never have gone on Ebay in the first place (that way no hard feelings for collectors). This thread would have continued for days with Tanman trying to decide how to sell it, but finally getting so pissed off at people slinging mud at him that he ends up posting a youtube video of him burning the box and then disappearing forever.

I have to say, yeah, looking into someone's eBay purchases is a little creepy....

Messed up is right. I made the mistake of looking at your feedback profile, Cebus, to see what you are purchasing. All I can say is :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I think there is still vacancy at the rehab clinic Jesse James is at right now.

post-17851-127014114014_thumb.png

• Like 4

Damn, that reminds me, that 10 pound tub of KY has run out. I need to buy another. Going on eBay right now.

Might as well pick up another monkey blow-up doll while I'm at it, too, mine is close to popping.....

So it's 10 AM and we still haven't seen anything in the "joke" category for final judgment.....the clock is ticking, each hour it gets closer to being the Real McCoy! :)

Well I for one am just watching how this all plays out. I don't think it's a hoax simply because having people bid thousands on something that isn't legit is just wrong. That would piss off alot of hardcore collectors, and it wouldn't be funny at all. Bidding thousands is serious business. I don't believe Al would want to pull a joke like that.

Indeed, some people here can't seem to understand that there's a world that exists outside AtariAge that wouldn't take kindly to such pranks.

To me if it was a joke it'd sort of go down like this. It'd never have gone on Ebay in the first place (that way no hard feelings for collectors). This thread would have continued for days with Tanman trying to decide how to sell it, but finally getting so pissed off at people slinging mud at him that he ends up posting a youtube video of him burning the box and then disappearing forever.

Yes, and of course, that's been done before (see the Bio Force Ape 'proto' thread on DP).

Messed up is right. I made the mistake of looking at your feedback profile, Cebus, to see what you are purchasing. All I can say is :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I think there is still vacancy at the rehab clinic Jesse James is at right now.

"Feels Real" :rolling: +1 for the effort of making that!

happy April fools!