IGNORED

OFFICIAL AtariAge SECRET SANTA 2010

the.golden.ax

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who didn't send gifts should be publicly outed. If they are goong to rip people off in secret Santa, then they'll do it in the marketplace as well. Plus, they should be publicly shamed just on general principle.

Chris

I will publicly out myself. I did not send out my gift to my SS in time because I was waiting for items I purchased online to arrive. I didn't own anything that really fit what my person was into, so I hunted some stuff down.

When some of the items I purchased didn't arrive before I went away on vacation, I knew there was going to be a problem. Sure enough, when I got back, they were waiting for me in my mailbox. I got them out as quick as I could.

Maybe I should have taken care of it sooner, but it's not like I was trying to rip anyone off and I think it's wrong for people to just assume the worst in others. Sometimes things happen and things get delayed. I just wanted to throw that out, for what it's worth. But, if a public shaming would help:

SHAME ON ME! I'M SCUM! I SUCK! :(

Anyone who didn't send gifts should be publicly outed. If they are goong to rip people off in secret Santa, then they'll do it in the marketplace as well. Plus, they should be publicly shamed just on general principle.

Chris

I will publicly out myself. I did not send out my gift to my SS in time because I was waiting for items I purchased online to arrive. I didn't own anything that really fit what my person was into, so I hunted some stuff down.

When some of the items I purchased didn't arrive before I went away on vacation, I knew there was going to be a problem. Sure enough, when I got back, they were waiting for me in my mailbox. I got them out as quick as I could.

Maybe I should have taken care of it sooner, but it's not like I was trying to rip anyone off and I think it's wrong for people to just assume the worst in others. Sometimes things happen and things get delayed. I just wanted to throw that out, for what it's worth. But, if a public shaming would help:

It's nice to have someone say "I'm runnin' late." And I think we're all OK with that. (I know I'm not supposed to be reading this thread. I said I wasn't gonna. But I can't help it.)

Anyway, don't feel shamed. If you eventually follow through--that's better than not!

:) Dude. You must chill. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS!!!

It's nice to have someone say "I'm runnin' late." And I think we're all OK with that. (I know I'm not supposed to be reading this thread. I said I wasn't gonna. But I can't help it.)

Anyway, don't feel shamed. If you eventually follow through--that's better than not!

wait - that for last christmas? i thought it was for NEXT christmas...

my bad.

wait - that for last christmas? i thought it was for NEXT christmas...

my bad.

:_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

So Christmas came a little late from my Sekrit Santa... but better late than never!

THANK YOU, YOU ROCK! Awesome set of clean games for my CV and a B!GA@$$ bag O my favorite candy!

Check it: (Woot! Woot!)

5368513980_bab484cbb6_b.jpg

Chris

I think that if something like that happens, you should drop Ax a line so that he can let your recipient know (before Christmas). When you "knew there was going to be a problem" did you let anyone know? If you did, then my earlier post about outing people does not apply to you. If you didn't let anyone know, then you made a mistake.

Chris

Chris

I think that if something like that happens, you should drop Ax a line so that he can let your recipient know (before Christmas). When you "knew there was going to be a problem" did you let anyone know? If you did, then my earlier post about outing people does not apply to you. If you didn't let anyone know, then you made a mistake.

Chris

Well, I thought I made it clear that I did make a mistake and I came out and publicly admitted it. What more do you want?

Ax, I hope that you won't keep me from participating in the future. While at first, it wasn't my fault, it was my responsibility and I screwed up, but I did come through, which I think counts for something, but this is your gig and it's your call in the end.

Well, I thought I made it clear that I did make a mistake and I came out and publicly admitted it. What more do you want?

Ax, I hope that you won't keep me from participating in the future. While at first, it wasn't my fault, it was my responsibility and I screwed up, but I did come through, which I think counts for something, but this is your gig and it's your call in the end.

:thumbsup: I am glad that you followed through and that more than anything else you are okay! While thinking some people are freeloaders, I think the biggest concern all-around was that there were members who signed up but for whatever reason could not participate, and it's good to hear that it wasn't anything serious.

Chris

Chris

I don't want anything. I just thought you were getting defensive over my statement about "outing" the ass-bags who flaked out on SS so I was trying to explain myself. You made a small boo-boo but it was all fine in the end, so no harm, no foul. My whole "outing" spiel was aimed at people who just blew off SS entirely, so it does not apply to you. You're cool.

Chris

:thumbsup: I am glad that you followed through and that more than anything else you are okay! While thinking some people are freeloaders, I think the biggest concern all-around was that there were members who signed up but for whatever reason could not participate, and it's good to hear that it wasn't anything serious.

This is a very healthy perspective.

:thumbsup:

and that's what christmas is all about, charlie brown.