IGNORED

Skull Island - Wood Case!

yuppicide

Yeah. I was therealred5 because Red 5 was taken when I joined back in the olden days. I subscribed the first year there was subscriptions and Red 5 was available so I switched. I still stop by a few times a week, but not as active as I used to be (or want to be).

(I will stop hijacking this thread now...) :-D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

yuppicide's wood carts were supposed to be hand-made, rather than cnc milled, so there were no CAD files.

I'm not sure they're the greatest for wood - lots of thin edges - but Joe Grand's 2600 prototype cart STL files can be imported in a good 3D CAD package.

Thanks! Ah, I didn't know they were hand making them. Thanks for the video link, pretty cool! Yeah, you are correct they are pretty thin for wood. I would have to alter the design a bit, there is a lot of space in a cartridge anyways so should be able to make it a bit thicker. I was kind of hoping Yuppicides guy already did the legwork though and I could purchase (or have) the CAD drawings but if they are hand made it doesn't matter, I'll have to just make prototypes until I find something that works. do you know by chance if he ever had a working example and what kind of wood he used?

The guy who made the clear Star Castle cartridges had machine milled some of them, so he might have a cad file for you. The material used shouldn't make that much of a difference.

He probably would for 20k, lol, (little humor for anyone that remembers the original asking price of Star Castle)

I actually remember discussing it with him though and he said "you will laugh at the G code I used to mill these" or something to that effect :) I would take a look at anything he has though, he still hang around at all?

• Like 2