IGNORED

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

moycon

That's pretty much what everyone does.. and it's obvious since you notice that all games are pretty much the same. :lol:

It's Pac-man, it's pattern game. So yeah, they will look alike. I didn't look at other player's games until I had played for awhile. Not surprisingly, I was playing a similar pattern.

That's pretty much what everyone does.. and it's obvious since you notice that all games are pretty much the same. :lol:

It's Pac-man, it's pattern game. So yeah, they will look alike.

Original Pacman was a pure pattern game (Ms. Pacman was not), but there are variables in Pacman DX that make it so not each game can be 100% identical.. not to mention the speed which it gets played makes it near impossible to replicate your moves throughout the 5 minutes. But yes.. a pattern of method as far as the maze path you follow still applies. :)

But yeah It's amazing because usually individuals can come up with their own patterns to a certain extent (e.g. going counter clockwise in the beginning rather than clockwise). But now in the age where the information is quickly available, it quickly got down to a consensus of what is so far the most "efficient" pattern in Pacman DX for high scores.. it's so far off from the old days when every arcade had their own players with their own methods, and you had to wait for a book to get some new ideas. Stuff spreads so fast now.

And I'm right in there with everyone else too.. heck it's how I scored near 2 million, i.e. just watching and duplicating what the top players did. :lol:

My scores increased by 300k across the board. Donkey Kong is so much fun now on MAME, and Dig Dug is very playable on the 360. So are shmups, I'm better at Mushi also.

What shmups are you playing that are 4-way? Or are you saying the stick itself is just better, period. (and easily switchable from 4-way to 8-way)?

Its an 8 way stick. The restrictor plate is an 8 way plate, but its an octagon, there's a small notch for each direction. So, hitting true up, true down is easy to do and makes 4 way games very playable.

Wow! this game turned out awesome!! Still totally worth buying even if you already own the first pac-man:CE.... I still don't understand why there's no 2player mode in it..

but even so.. i was totally addicted to this last night.. just one more game..... :D

-rick

• 3 weeks later...

I've found it's hard to go back to the first CE after playing this one. :lol:

I tried to play CE the other day and the game was in slow motion. I quit after a minute or two.

The game starts slow and then speeds up.

It seems to take a lot longer to get up to speed than in DX, and even then it still feels slow in comparison.

I've found it's hard to go back to the first CE after playing this one. :lol:

I tried to play CE the other day and the game was in slow motion. I quit after a minute or two.

The game starts slow and then speeds up.

It seems to take a lot longer to get up to speed than in DX, and even then it still feels slow in comparison.

Seems pretty fast to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy0J27k1Z5E