IGNORED

Funny / Stupid / Crazy / Lame Auction Listings

nofrills100

13 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I already have a Krikzz but, Hell the price is right...As long as it works.  The one I bought for Game Boy was more like that,  Well...Here:  (Keep in mind I already have a pretty big group of GB games,  but this just gave me them all!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274806975119?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=575045359299&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They do my friend Rob bought one for his Genesis and loves it.  It works excellent, not a single game yet has failed, and if you wanted you could just pull the SD card out of that so called multicart and add a title that may not be here.

Again all they are is like last years model everdrive, that's it, not the earlier earlier sketchy chinese copies of the v1 everdrives that get pissy about some games and turn into a brick if you tamper with the firmware, not that I'd feel safe playing with that ones firmware either...but it can take file updates for on/off of games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

They do my friend Rob bought one for his Genesis and loves it.  It works excellent, not a single game yet has failed, and if you wanted you could just pull the SD card out of that so called multicart and add a title that may not be here.

Again all they are is like last years model everdrive, that's it, not the earlier earlier sketchy chinese copies of the v1 everdrives that get pissy about some games and turn into a brick if you tamper with the firmware, not that I'd feel safe playing with that ones firmware either...but it can take file updates for on/off of games.

Speaking of everdrive.  I found this knockoff famicom version.  Not sure how good these are.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392943601934?hash=item5b7d43890e:g:UpIAAOSwf~tfYb59

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0078265317 said:

Speaking of everdrive.  I found this knockoff famicom version.  Not sure how good these are.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392943601934?hash=item5b7d43890e:g:UpIAAOSwf~tfYb59

I saw those too and was wondering the same, then forgot to research it.   Now I have, and I have to say amazing project, and you should see the 9yo beast of a precursor it had.  Annoyingly the beast had near full system support, this one excludes a LOT of mappers, just some of the most common, then camerica, and a few wonky ones leaving it around 80% functional.  NO MMC2(punchout), no MM4(startropics), no MMC5(CV3, Koei) and forget extended mappers from the famicom stuff too.  The maker did a very good write up on everything here: https://forums.nesdev.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15757

For me it's a big no, rather get the everdrive n8 for famicom given how much is excluded.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I saw those too and was wondering the same, then forgot to research it.   Now I have, and I have to say amazing project, and you should see the 9yo beast of a precursor it had.  Annoyingly the beast had near full system support, this one excludes a LOT of mappers, just some of the most common, then camerica, and a few wonky ones leaving it around 80% functional.  NO MMC2(punchout), no MM4(startropics), no MMC5(CV3, Koei) and forget extended mappers from the famicom stuff too.  The maker did a very good write up on everything here: https://forums.nesdev.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15757

For me it's a big no, rather get the everdrive n8 for famicom given how much is excluded.

Or would this magic wild card support new roms.

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=199

It says 

Supports fwNES (*.fds) and Game Doctor (*.A) disk images.

Not sure what fwNES is.  Or why it says  (*.fds) in parenthesis.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I realize prices seem to be through the roof on them, but sometimes you really do have to luxuriate.  I'm such a fan of the Everdrive N8 that I bought Both an NES version and a Famicom version.  From some time ago, I have this VGA Famicom (With S-Video, bare board) console...I got the first one in the US! Even helped Beta test it a bit.  Anyway, it never would run NES games for some reason but had no issues running Famicom games...So for that and my Sharp Twin, I wanted a separate Famicom N8.

22 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Or would this magic wild card support new roms.

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=199

It says 

Supports fwNES (*.fds) and Game Doctor (*.A) disk images.

Not sure what fwNES is.  Or why it says  (*.fds) in parenthesis.

I can explain as I had a quiet hand in that project in the 1990s.  fwNES as in 'FanWen' NES was a DOS based Nintendo/Famicom emulator that was the first to have and create the unified .FDS format to run Famicom Disk System games in a computer emulator, before hand no one could run the dumped copies of the disks.  Fanwen was a friend of mine a few years, he was a native of the country of Taiwan.  I'd help him test out the NES/FC side of the emulator, also give suggestions, then he had this idea to create a way to do FDS and I helped him through the whole testing/header etc phases of it to get it out to release which had some notable fanfare about it in the mid/later 1990s as the Nintendo fanboy community lost their marbles finally being able to enjoy the stuff.  Sadly a few years after it arrived he vanished, got sent off the mandatory military duty for a few years, and I guess priorities changed as he never returned...but that legacy lives on.  And that tototek device, sure that would be a fine option to use.  As it says, ti's a FDS stick alternative, so I guess you'll use that instead of the finicky old drive and disks, but still need the slot based memory bank thing that goes up top to complete the set.

20 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I realize prices seem to be through the roof on them, but sometimes you really do have to luxuriate.  I'm such a fan of the Everdrive N8 that I bought Both an NES version and a Famicom version.  From some time ago, I have this VGA Famicom (With S-Video, bare board) console...I got the first one in the US! Even helped Beta test it a bit.  Anyway, it never would run NES games for some reason but had no issues running Famicom games...So for that and my Sharp Twin, I wanted a separate Famicom N8.

I could see that.  I've been tempted to get the N8 for famicom as I have an awesome handheld famicom device (fc mobile 88) I really like to pull out and use randomly so it would open some serious doors.  Now...what's this VGA famicom thing exactly?  That sounds like something to own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I can explain as I had a quiet hand in that project in the 1990s.  fwNES as in 'FanWen' NES was a DOS based Nintendo/Famicom emulator that was the first to have and create the unified .FDS format to run Famicom Disk System games in a computer emulator, before hand no one could run the dumped copies of the disks.  Fanwen was a friend of mine a few years, he was a native of the country of Taiwan.  I'd help him test out the NES/FC side of the emulator, also give suggestions, then he had this idea to create a way to do FDS and I helped him through the whole testing/header etc phases of it to get it out to release which had some notable fanfare about it in the mid/later 1990s as the Nintendo fanboy community lost their marbles finally being able to enjoy the stuff.  Sadly a few years after it arrived he vanished, got sent off the mandatory military duty for a few years, and I guess priorities changed as he never returned...but that legacy lives on.  And that tototek device, sure that would be a fine option to use.  As it says, ti's a FDS stick alternative, so I guess you'll use that instead of the finicky old drive and disks, but still need the slot based memory bank thing that goes up top to complete the set.

I could see that.  I've been tempted to get the N8 for famicom as I have an awesome handheld famicom device (fc mobile 88) I really like to pull out and use randomly so it would open some serious doors.  Now...what's this VGA famicom thing exactly?  That sounds like something to own.

That is awesome.  The macig wild fds stick alternative thing thing would be a great alternative to the disks.  But what I am wondering is if NES roms will work or just fds?

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well, they're not available now or anything, but in 2009 I bought this thing off eBay from a Chinese engineer.  I assume they sold some more, but probably very few.  He kept in touch (just a few weeks though) to find out what happened when I tried to play NES games on it (w/Adapter) but that never worked.  It plays Famicom carts.  It's bare boards and I haven't kept in touch or anything.  They never had a case (to my knowledge)...It's too big to fit in many Famiclones, and I haven't even had it out in forever,...I mean once I got an Analogue NT Mini Noir, that was usually what I was using.  Mainly of interest to me (at the time) It actually worked with S-Video out!  And has VGA that I can't remember if I ever even used...Strange because I love VGA, but I think I needed a cable at the time and before I got one I tucked this little machine away or something and got into something else, plus being bare boards I always considered it fragile.

Anyway,  here's some pics:

20211210_233153.thumb.jpg.8369f4d3b100a3e9098348fb3a5e3047.jpg20211210_233016.thumb.jpg.ab4f828254ab8ea337d113d3ef5dd607.jpg20211210_233139.thumb.jpg.3e5b34a89fe9fcca9c6232da901280f0.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

That is awesome.  The macig wild fds stick alternative thing thing would be a great alternative to the disks.  But what I am wondering is if NES roms will work or just fds?

They do on an everdrive at least as they can handle both in that rom format.  But as far as that tool goes, it's just designed to simulate the function of the FDS drive mechanism as a moving parts-less alternative.

8 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Well, they're not available now or anything, but in 2009 I bought this thing off eBay from a Chinese engineer.  I assume they sold some more, but probably very few.  He kept in touch (just a few weeks though) to find out what happened when I tried to play NES games on it (w/Adapter) but that never worked.  It plays Famicom carts.  It's bare boards and I haven't kept in touch or anything.  They never had a case (to my knowledge)...It's too big to fit in many Famiclones, and I haven't even had it out in forever,...I mean once I got an Analogue NT Mini Noir, that was usually what I was using.  Mainly of interest to me (at the time) It actually worked with S-Video out!  And has VGA that I can't remember if I ever even used...Strange because I love VGA, but I think I needed a cable at the time and before I got one I tucked this little machine away or something and got into something else, plus being bare boards I always considered it fragile

I think they are... I typed a few variants into google since the stupid grading company would popup first and I found a few of them on aliexpress and etsy where it took FC games and ran off a VGA port so it's pretty similar to that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 11:51 AM, amiman99 said:

I think this auction went a little too high.

Commodore Amiga 1200 Recapped w/ 33MHz FPU, 8MB RAM, OS 3.2, PSU, Mouse +more!

See original listing
Commodore Amiga 1200 Recapped w/ 33MHz FPU, 8MB RAM, OS 3.2, PSU, Mouse +more!
Item Sold

Condition:
--

Ended:
Jan 09, 2022 , 7:30PM

Winning bid:
US $1,675.00
48 bids ]

Shipping:
$32.00 Standard Shipping

I bought a 1200 with a PPC accelerator for about $1,200, though that was about five years ago.  Prices are getting stupid.  I am watching CMD HD and FD selling for over $1,000.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this count as crazy?  First link I found 2 78's for cheap starting price.  But almost 70 (69.31) bucks for shipping is too high isn't it?  The second link is the one I bought recently.  Shipping internationally was only 5 bucks and 70 cents.  So the first one is too high.  Or the other one was euros and this was gbp great britain pounds so shipping is more from England?  Still not 70 bucks in my opinion.

CX-78-1

CX-78-2

On 12/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, Tanooki said:

The same company has an nes version.  Not sure if these are worth it either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393905419087?hash=item5bb697b34f:g:pPYAAOSwtJhh9b0l

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

The same company has an nes version.  Not sure if these are worth it either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393905419087?hash=item5bb697b34f:g:pPYAAOSwtJhh9b0l

They're no better than the famicom ones, runs largely what is out there, but lacks the stability/compatibility highs of the everdrive and those even cloned from it.  I'm not sure if the hardware just lacks or the firmware is still growing but when i saw it came up short where it would matter I stopped looking. :)

• Like 1