IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Anyone here grab this?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608740260151?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260874026015&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Bunch of sealed games including Tropical Trouble, plus River Raid CIB.

;)

I didn't reply last night because I wanted to make sure the packages were in the mail, which they are now. (Just had another BIN retracted by the seller, so I was nervous.) I was pretty surprised to get this for $91 shipped (my max bid was about $30 higher, and even then I thought it wouldn't be enough). Seems like the River Raid and Tropical Trouble are worth that by themselves. 12 sealed games including the TT, plus 23 open boxed games. Not sure if the boxed games all include the manuals, but all overlays are included, so there's a good chance. Plus a boxed Intellivision and Intellivoice and a loose console.

• Like 1

Anyone here grab this?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608740260151?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260874026015&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

;)

I didn't reply last night because I wanted to make sure the packages were in the mail, which they are now. (Just had another BIN retracted by the seller, so I was nervous.) I was pretty surprised to get this for $91 shipped (my max bid was about $30 higher, and even then I thought it wouldn't be enough). Seems like the River Raid and Tropical Trouble are worth that by themselves. 12 sealed games including the TT, plus 23 open boxed games. Not sure if the boxed games all include the manuals, but all overlays are included, so there's a good chance. Plus a boxed Intellivision and Intellivoice and a loose console.

Awesome Ebay win David!

I was watching that auction (knowing I couldnt bid the whole time lol)

Anyone here grab this?

;)

Well done! Nice win. Did you need many of these? I'd say you paid for it with the sealed Tropical Trouble and the River Raid as you said, the rest is just gravy. I know a guy who might be interested in a trade for that Tropical Trouble if it was something you wouldn't mind parlaying into some other INTV stuff you needed. Just sayin. ;)

I know a guy who might be interested in a trade for that Tropical Trouble if it was something you wouldn't mind parlaying into some other INTV stuff you needed. Just sayin. ;)

Hey hey hey... wait a second... doesn't the Cmart store have like 390 of them on its shelves? ;)

:-D Strangely, only four and none of them are sealed, and I'm pretty sure one of them is going to you. :P

Anyone here grab this?

;)

Well done! Nice win. Did you need many of these? I'd say you paid for it with the sealed Tropical Trouble and the River Raid as you said, the rest is just gravy. I know a guy who might be interested in a trade for that Tropical Trouble if it was something you wouldn't mind parlaying into some other INTV stuff you needed. Just sayin. ;)

Wow, I think I've crossed some kind of INTV rubicon by owning a game that cmart doesn't have. Because of space limitations, my INTV collecting plan -- like my general collecting plan -- is just to go for rares and the commons that I really enjoy. So I'm really happy to add River Raid to the collection. My plan does not include collecting sealed games, so I'd certainly be open to trades for the TT and any other sealed game in the lot. I've got an ECS coming in the mail, so I'm interested in CIB ECS games at the moment.

Anyone here grab this?

;)

Wow, I think I've crossed some kind of INTV rubicon by owning a game that cmart doesn't have. Because of space limitations, my INTV collecting plan -- like my general collecting plan -- is just to go for rares and the commons that I really enjoy. So I'm really happy to add River Raid to the collection. My plan does not include collecting sealed games, so I'd certainly be open to trades for the TT and any other sealed game in the lot. I've got an ECS coming in the mail, so I'm interested in CIB ECS games at the moment.

Lol! :) Let me know when you get them and we can talk. I'm sure we can work something out.

And here it is: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3207740643381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320774064338&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Arrived today. I think the price was pretty good considering that everything is new in an open box (which shows a little bit of water damage but is in pretty nice shape overall). One question: what came in the cardboard insert in the lower right corner of the third photo? My guess is an RF cable and a switch box. The description mentioned a missing AV cable.

And here it is: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3207740643381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320774064338&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Arrived today. I think the price was pretty good considering that everything is new in an open box (which shows a little bit of water damage but is in pretty nice shape overall). One question: what came in the cardboard insert in the lower right corner of the third photo? My guess is an RF cable and a switch box. The description mentioned a missing AV cable.

The Ecs do not use an AV Cable, but it uses a power supply that is on the picture.

The Ecs do not use an AV Cable, but it uses a power supply that is on the picture.

Okay. Does that mean that the cardboard piece is just a spacer, not intended to hold anything?

Lol! :) Let me know when you get them and we can talk. I'm sure we can work something out.

Well, the packages arrived today. I didn't have time to unpack it all, but the Tropical Trouble is in very good shape with no tears in the plastic and no serious dents. It's my luck that out of all of the games, the River Raid was packed on top, so it made contact with the interior box top. So, there's a little wear on certain parts of the box, which is in pretty good shape otherwise. However, now I know why so many RR overlays are in bad shape. The two that came with my game were fused together (probably a chemical reaction over time), so that when I separated them, some of the graphic pulled off on of them. I probably should have waited and asked what you all would do in the same situation! But the cart and manual are in excellent condition. Very happy overall, and fingers are crossed that the consoles work.

I bought this lot.....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306330053861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330633005386&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

......since the unit looked nice. "Untested" but maybe I'll get a piece-of-shit-looking one that actually works (assuming this does not) and combine them. I was hoping to bid on AA user XXooXXooAAooXXX (or something like that - see "forsale" forum) who had INTV 3 with A/V mod, but I missed out.

Evidently, it's difficult to get a response to a PM when you're dealing with "Intellivison people." How to get an A/V mod? Advice? In all cases ----> F**K YOU. No wonder the system's not more popular. LOL!!!

I have fond memories of having one in the early 80s, and I recently received my Cuttle Cart 3, and the above system is on the way.

If anyone who reads Intellivision threads such as this one - and who IS kind, considerate, and knowledgeable-enough to consider a reply, I certainly would appreciate it. There seems to be a dearth of that, in the INTV enthusiasts. As an added bonus, any info about A/V mods and where to get them - would likely benefit other users, as well.

I must compare: The Colecovision. AA user "Yurkie" has pretty much instrumentally and single-handedly absolutely revived and rectified the Colecovision. His controller mods, A/V mods, and other stuff......meant that you can get a totally awesome, modded, refurbished system. Combined with the Atarimax CV SD cart, it's a dream come true. For the A2600, there are always at least ONE A/V mod producer/installer on the scene. Perhaps this is testament to the residual popularity of these systems.

The Harmony Cart and an A/V mod did this for Atari 2600

The PowerPak for NES did this for the NES, which has A/V.

The Everdrive carts from Krikzz/Stone Age Gamer did this for the Master System, Genesis, SNES, and N64. Obviously, these systems don't need A/V mods.

Well, that leaves ONE system from my youth, of which I'm fond of, and I'm trying to get back into: INTV. I bought the Cuttle Cart 3, but that leaves the A/V mod. It seems this really is a bastard-child system, as there's (1) no expert offering A/V mods, like with 2600, Colecovision, and (2) many whom I assume (perhaps through extreme naivete) to be knowledgeable - possibly or not, and deem others unworthy of a respond to a PM. HA HA HA!!! Suck on that. I guess it's RF with the INTV, since nobody knows better. Still, glad to have it, and the Cuttle Cart 3 is an engineering marvel, certainly worthy of the INTV. Schell Electronics (who sell the CC3) is run by a responsive guy, who's a pleasure to deal with. What a nice break, from the rest of the INTV community, if my limited dealings are representative - and they may NOT be, but I merely divulge my experiences.

Edited by wood_jl