IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

I used to run System Reset! BBS In Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and was running Express Pro....I think node x_59 if I remember correctly....

I had a friend write a PC Dos term program called Genterm that did Atascii graphics.

It was never released to the general public, but if there is some interest I might be able to get a copy of it somewhere...

I also have a PC-based ATASCII terminal program for accessing internet-based ATASCII BBSes like mine. It's called AT_Telnet. It is just a terminal - no file transfers available in it. It was originally written by Tom Hunt and I took it over around 2000. You can download it at my website below. It is tested under Windows XP only.

http://bf.amfband.com

Edited by bf2k+
  • Like 1

I used to run System Reset! BBS In Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and was running Express Pro....I think node x_59 if I remember correctly....

Must be another node# as x_59 is/was "The 19th Hole - 416-xxx-xxxx". "System Reset" doesn't seem to be listed on the 1999 Pro node list.

Yeah, the Jail was bad for that, but I don't now who was creating dupes....I used to pass off my messages to Europe....

It was a lot of fun back then, but long distance calls were expensive....

I've always wanted to put my BBS back up, but I suspect the costs wouldn't be worth the effort or the calls I would get.

I might be convinced if I could somehow hook it up to telnet from the internet.

Er... You've not heard of Atari Inside or my BBS (DarkForce) ?

We use a Lantronix serial port to LAN adaptor to hook our boards to the 'Net.

Works great. :)

Yeah, the Jail was bad for that, but I don't now who was creating dupes....I used to pass off my messages to Europe....

It was a lot of fun back then, but long distance calls were expensive....

Expensive, indeed. Apart from the Dutch netcalls I had to call to the USA, Canada and Germany at least once a week, usually more.

I've always wanted to put my BBS back up, but I suspect the costs wouldn't be worth the effort or the calls I would get.

I still run my Pro BBS (5.0) but exchanged the modem for a null-modem cable and run a telnet conversion tool on a W2K server. Apart from up and downloads it works pretty well.

I run The Electric Cafe BBS - telnet thecafe.dtdns.net

This runs Steve Carden's TCP/IP Express Pro 7.0.

This BBS is 24 hours and runs on real Atari hardware:

Atari 130XE with 576K RAM upgrade

ICD 256kb MIO with Warerat's ROM upgrade

External Seagate SCSI Hard Drive 18GB

Lantronix telnet/serial converter

What happened to The Electric Cafe BBS?

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

I finally got my BBS up and running with the Oasis Jr BBS 1988 software! It's working great after much trial & error to configure the program and menus. YYZ BBS is now available via telnet: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

Running on original Atari 130XE 1MB & disk drives. APE supplies the R: handler connection for telnet.

Come by and visit. It's been 1987 - 1988 since I ran this board.

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

YYZ BBS

Houston, TX

I added the 80 column feature to the BBS. ASCII callers use 'ctrl [' for carriage return if stuck at a prompts if your enter key does not respond properly (don't ask me why it does that; I don't know). Of course, ATASCII 40 column looks and functions properly since the board was built for it! /|\TARI RULZ!

I'll have a UDS-10 or UDS-100 installed soon & a battery back-up unit. Until then, I'm still using APE connected to my real A8 equipment to answer calls via Telnet: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

! :)

I added your BBS telnet address to our board @ YYZ BBS. ;)

I call your board on my real 130XE using ICE-T 80 column. I have called your board a few times with Windows XP Hyper-Term. I like using real A8 real equipment though (for the nostalgia)!

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

Anyone who hasn't added the IRC gateway to your BBS list, please feel free to:

For VT100 emulation (if you're using and Atari with Ice-T or other VT100-capable terminal), telnet to irc.atarichat.net, port 800.

For ASCII dumb terminal, telnet to irc.atarichat.net, port 400.

Thanks!

Anyone who hasn't added the IRC gateway to your BBS list, please feel free to:

For VT100 emulation (if you're using and Atari with Ice-T or other VT100-capable terminal), telnet to irc.atarichat.net, port 800.

For ASCII dumb terminal, telnet to irc.atarichat.net, port 400.

Thanks!

Oh that is awesome! Can't wait to try that out in Bobterm.

I call your board on my real 130XE using ICE-T 80 column. I have called your board a few times with Windows XP Hyper-Term. I like using real A8 real equipment though (for the nostalgia)!

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

Thanks, appreciated. I understand about the nostalgia part - don't much care for emulation, as technically impressive

as it is... :)

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

Thanks, appreciated. I understand about the nostalgia part - don't much care for emulation, as technically impressive

as it is... :)

Using our real equipment is the ultimate experience reminding us of our first experiences back in the dayz! /|\TARI RULZ!

Emulation is great when the real technology is not practical. For example in Kuwait I hit the Atari BBSs (when the crappy internet is not blocking me) using Syncterm that can do ATASCII. Otherwise while at home I get on the BBSs with my Atari 800. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm experimenting a bit with my UDS1100 and some settings...

Can the next few callers that logon tell me if the <enter> message now

comes up without having to bang the keyboard first? Previously, it would

just show a blank screen on connection until you bashed some keys...

Thanks!