IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

I am planning to bring Inside the 8-bit back online. I last storm that came through right after I finished the ABBUC version of real dos did $40,000.00 dollard worth of dammage to my house. The Micro Burst and Lightning storm sent a tree into my offic master bed room and master bath room. The only thing that saved my source is my NAS drive is located inside my gun safe. I have a gun safe and do not use it for guns. I keep my NAS drive in it. and my backup program had ran the day before so while I took a big hit on equipment my data that was inportaint to me was and is safe. So I am going to brin gthe bbs back online. I have been sick over two years now with necrotizing fasciitis so sometime I do not have the strength to work on the Atari. But I am betterand I have started programming again. As soon as I can get enough Atari Equipmment going again I will bring the bbs back up. Right now I have only 2 Ataris working. I have my master back running and I also have my devoplement machine working. But I need to get at least two slaves running. I have enough mux's to bring 8 slaves up I am just short on 130xe's

Steve

How unfortunate to have such damage. But, thankfully you had a backup in your safe! Whew! Yes, we look forward to your return on the BBS scene.

I've ordered some XE's over the past couple of years off of Ebay. In fact, the last 6 months has been busy with XE units for sale. I just missed a brand new one for $85 bucks the other day. GRRRR

This is a great week for Atari BBSs with Inside the 8 Bit and Electric Cafe coming back!! AWESOME!!!

RESPONDING...

---------------------------

Atari Inside

bbs.inspiration-soft.com:23

The Boot Factory

bfbbs.dtdns.net

bfbbs.no-ip.com

Dark Force BBS (Hit Enter to start)

darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org

Electric Cafe BBS

thecafe.dtdns.net:23

The Grove BBS (Hit Enter to start)

shadow.skeleton.org

Inside The 8-bit - Line 1

65.5.243.210 8888

tcpipexpress.dyndns.org:8888

Thunderdome BBS

telnet://thunderdome.homeip.net:471

YYZ BBS

yyzbbs.no-ip.org

NOT RESPONDING....

------------------------------

ANG BBS

angbbs.dnsalias.com

MouseNet BBS

atari-bbs.kicks-ass.net:23

ATARI CHATS.... (WORKING)

------------------------------

Atari IRC Chat

irc.atarichat.net:800

Atari Telnet Chat

atarinews.org:23

And I just think it is cool that our TI 99 friends at Heatwave are a telnet AND dialup BBS.

602-955-4491 Heatwave BBS Phoenix AZ S&T TI-99/4A heatwavebbs.com

• Like 1

Sneek peak at YYZ BBS running on real vintage equipment. I wanted to preserve this BBS from 1987 as it was then. It is running today the same, except the only thing different is the Lantronix UDS-10 serial device as the telnet connection rather than the original Avatex 1200 dial-up modem!

YYZ_BBS_img1.jpg YYZ_BBS_img2.jpg YYZ_BBS_img3.jpg

YYZ_BBS_img4.jpg YYZ_BBS_img5.jpg

Current configuration:

Atari 130XE 128k 8-Bit Computer

Atari XF551 DS/DD Disk Drive 360k

Atari 1050 SS/DD Disk Drive w/US Doubler 180k

Atari 1050 SS/ED Disk Drive (stock) 127k

Atari 850 Interface (RS232)

Lantronix UDS-10 Serial Device (TCP/IP>RS232)

SpartaDOS 2.3e

OASIS BBS

It is still a work in progress and more tweeks to be integrated. When calling, press Return a few times to connect.

Telnet: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

IP: 99.116.104.171

• Like 3

Sneek peak at YYZ BBS running on real vintage equipment. I wanted to preserve this BBS from 1987 as it was then. It is running today the same, except the only thing different is the Lantronix UDS-10 serial device as the telnet connection rather than the original Avatex 1200 dial-up modem!

YYZ_BBS_img1.jpg YYZ_BBS_img2.jpg YYZ_BBS_img3.jpg

YYZ_BBS_img4.jpg YYZ_BBS_img5.jpg

Current configuration:

Atari 130XE 128k 8-Bit Computer

Atari XF551 DS/DD Disk Drive 360k

Atari 1050 SS/DD Disk Drive w/US Doubler 180k

Atari 1050 SS/ED Disk Drive (stock) 127k

Atari 850 Interface (RS232)

Lantronix UDS-10 Serial Device (TCP/IP>RS232)

SpartaDOS 2.3e

OASIS BBS

It is still a work in progress and more tweeks to be integrated. When calling, press Return a few times to connect.

Telnet: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

IP: 99.116.104.171

That is an awesome setup!

Doc, DarkForce properly displays the "Press <ASCII> Return..." message now,

the callers aren't blind to what is needed. Just letting you know... :)

Oops!! Yeh corrected my older copy but forgot to remove anything from your BBS information since it was perfect enough I didn't feel there was anything to change. :P

Wow those are nice pics. I especially like the ATASCII art "Oasis". That is pretty cool. So all of that, minus the internet equipment is what it used to run on eh?

Yes, one of the two 130XE's you see in the pics is the BBS. The other 130XE (1088K) is my personal usage one. You see five floppy drives... three are the BBS... two are my personal usage. On the right you see my two dial-up modems (not in use, but do work): Atari SX212 & Avatex 2400. The monitor to the far left is hooked up to an HP Pavillion PC on the floor below the table with Windows XP hosting the AtariMax APE software through the SIO2PC to my personal usage 130XE. The BBS, however, is independent by itself running the board with it's own telnet connection through the UDS-10.

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

Here is a fun activity for your Atari 8 bit ...

Sampsa Laine posted in BBSes (Bulletin Board Systems)

VT100 Tetris Competition at CHIMPY.SAMPSA.COM.

Telnet to CHIMPY.SAMPSA.COM, log in as TETRIS.

I'll post the results next Thursday.

http://i46.tinypic.com/10eq07m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dr. Clu, add another to the list. EOTD (their address is bbs.eotd.com and they have a website as well for more info) has added an atari file lib and a forum. they also support a REAL 300 baud modem call, and as long as you use bitsaving conservative settings, it isn't too bad (but if you want, they DO support higher speeds, all the way up to ISDN, as well as telnet). I have personally logged on at 300 baud, remember, 30CPS is about reading speed :)

to those wishing to log onto EOTD:

first off, you need an ANSI capable terminal program.

secondly, when you get 'language options' pick ANSI (duh) and say 'n' to color since atari can't do that anyway.

when signing up, make sure to have your setting reflect those. also, I recomend that you pick the 'line editor' instead of the 'full screen editor' so the atari doesn't choke on the ANSI (just in case)

after that, you are just about done, unless I forgot something.

NOTE: I personally recomend and 80 column terminal program and ANSI emulation, although you may be able to get away with 40 columns and ASCII (perhaps like bobterm...). I haven't tryed this (yet) though, so I can't confirm it.

BTW, they have like 20 modem lines, so if you get busy, it might mean you have called the exact one I am using :D, so just try another one.

Edited by Joey Z

how do i use ape to connect to the telnet using my atari or emulation .

Load up A.P.E. on your PC. Load up your favorite terminal program (I suggest ICE-T or BobTerm). Enter terminal mode. To call a board type: ATDT (dns name or IP address of BBS). Example: ATDT YYZBBS.NO-IP.ORG

If a BBS has a different port number other than 23, then use this method: ex. ATDT THUNDERDOME.HOMIP.NET 471

Different boards will have different parameters. Some you will need line feeds. Some will you will need just carriage return setting. Your terminal software should have these adjustments you can make for ASCII, ATASCII, and ANSI.

Let us know how it goes!

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-