IGNORED

Price Check on Cabs

Cebus Capucinis

I'm sure you've seen my status updates stating that I'm selling my Xybots, 1942, and Asteroids cabs. I hate to see them go but I want to trim down my collection and make room for something even more special -- PINBALL! :) Realistically I've decided one cab and one pin is the best for me at the moment, and I can always pick up additional stuff as I get more room. These cabs don't get played very much (aside from 1942 but I've decided I can just emulate it if I really want to play it) so I want to send them along to someone who can complete the restoration on them and get them up and running. I have them listed on CL right now for meh prices, but I wanted to ask the experts what they think I could get for them. I'll describe each machine and condition in detail below. Also, if you have any 'quick fix' tips for a couple of them, let me know! I haven't really gone much into fixing them yet, just dug around the boards a bit and cleaned things up, so if you have ideas let me know!

(I'm not going to say what I paid for them, but suffice it to say that the prices were very....reasonable!)

post-24585-0-91513600-1301247151_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-39403100-1301247152_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-89571900-1301247153_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-02390500-1301247156_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-12342100-1301247158_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-48954200-1301247160_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-02114700-1301247162_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-35363500-1301247159_thumb.jpg

First up is my Asteroids cab. It has seen better days, sure, but there are some great PLUS points in favor of this cabinet. The sideart is still in tact and looks good. The CPO is good aside from a few minor scratches. It could use new buttons to look prettier but the buttons work great! The game plays perfectly with no errors, glitches, bugs, etc. The biggest problem with this cab (and a somewhat easy fix for someone with woodworking equipment) is the gouges in the side wood of the cabinet. They are in easy to repair spots and I was planning on just cutting the cab, cutting wood to fit, some Bondo, a router to set a T-molding groove, and you're set. The side with the gouges obviously does not have T-molding, so that would need replaced.

The sound is nice, crisp, and clear. But here's the best part -- the guy I purchased it from last year installed a new, perfect vector monitor in it. The picture on this cab looks off the factory. It's astonishing how clear and bright the vectors are on this. To be honest if I wanted I'd just part out the monitor, as that's an in-demand commodity right there! However I lack time and inclination to do so, so I want the whole thing gone. The marquee is in great shape, lights up perfectly, no problems there. The game is in great functioning shape, it's just the cosmetics that need some work, and a brand new vector monitor is a huge plus to me.

The coin mechs are gone and the coin channels are bent and beat up. To be honest I'd probably just replace the entire coin door, although it wouldn't be necessary. The game is on free play and with the coin door closed you can't really tell what the damage is. The Atari sticker is still present on the coin door.

So basically this is a functioning great playing Asteroids cab with some cosmetic issues that would take someone with the inclination probably 2-3 hours max to completely fix it up and restore it to pristine shape. It has a new vector monitor in it that looks amazing and the game plays perfectly.

post-24585-0-33633600-1301247507_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-52775400-1301247509_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-48643300-1301247510_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-01326100-1301247512_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-83834900-1301247513_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-99173300-1301247514_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-48297100-1301247516_thumb.jpg

Next up is my 1942 cab. This cabinet is solid, in good shape, nothing major cosmetically with the cab itself. It needs T-molding. It's a Romstar conversion from a Scramble cab, so it's just painted flat black -- 1942 didn't have sideart so lack of sideart is not a deterrent to price. The CPO needs replaced, as there are gouges out of the plexi. The game functions and works perfectly, no problems, nothing. The joystick and buttons are brand new Happ buttons, work great, responsive. The marquee does not light up. I did attempt to replace the starter and check the fuses, and they are all working fine, so it's got to be the ballast. I never got around to replacing it. The marquee itself is in great shape, complete with colors still vibrant.

This game also has a brand new vertical monitor in it. Sound is perfect, picture is crystal clear with no ghosting, no fade-in, nothing. A brilliant picture that looks amazing! This is a JAMMA cab so an easy quick-fix for an emulator or a 60-in-1, etc. Coin mechs are present and functioning, but a couple wires need quick connects to get them working again. The game is set to free play.

Yet another solid, brand-new-monitor cabinet in great functioning shape but just needs that 10% TLC to get it back to a complete pristine restore.

post-24585-0-49278500-1301247849_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-10249600-1301247850_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-21887200-1301247851_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-73285300-1301247852_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-23897000-1301247854_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-00883700-1301247856_thumb.jpgpost-24585-0-98317600-1301247857_thumb.jpg

Last but not least is my Xybots cab. This cab is solid but again needs cosmetic restoration. This one is probably the 'most restoration needed' because of one minor-to-major problem. The game plays great. The sound is nice and loud and crisp, with the digital voices and everything working perfectly. The marquee light is out, and I haven't popped it apart to check it -- could be a starter, not sure. The joysticks are a bit stiff but the 8-way twisting leaf-switch joys both work great and are responsive. The sideart is in tact and in great shape. The CPO and plastics underneath are present but have some cracks in them -- they're noticeable but not horrible.

That's a dusty CPO, oops. Cleaning that off now, LOL.

The biggest issue with this cab is the monitor. As you can see in the pictures, the monitor has a pink/blue spot right in the top right corner that takes up about 10% of the screen. It doesn't deter from gameplay at all, and the rest of the monitor looks great, it's just that one spot that's a problem. Best-case scenario it's a cap or two that needs replaced. Super-best-case scenario it's just the gun out of alignment and I can easily fix that via the pots. Worst-case-scenario (and I think this is most likely) the gun on the monitor is shot and the monitor needs a complete replacement. This is where a good diagnostic would help me considerably. I bought this cab on the cheap and just haven't had the inclination to go completely through it and check everything.

What has been done by me so far: Basic diagnostic on everything but Xybots has been done. I've gone through wiring, checked everything, reseated chips, etc. to ensure complete gameplay. I went through the marquees for everything but Xybots and replaced what I could. Asteroids I got working, 1942 I didn't. I've basically just cracked open each cab and ran the bare minimum to figure out what it would need for restoration. The bulk of my time has been taken up with my Space Invaders cabinet -- completely gutting and restoring it, replacing the blacklight and back plastics, adjusting the mirror for the monitor, cleaning up the CPO, fixing the sideart, etc. etc. so that's been my big project and hence why I haven't gotten very far with these. My SI is obviously not for sale.... ;)

So I need price checks on these. How much should they go for? What should I ask for them? What would be a reasonable offer to accept? If there's anything minor I can do to either fix that Xybots monitor or perhaps get Asteroids in a bit of shape, something that will effect the sales value enough, let me know, I'm willing to do this stuff to sell 'em, just don't have the time to do a complete restore (obviously, that's why I'm selling them!).

Hell, if anyone on AA is interested in buying, I'm willing to deal through here as well, LOL. NAVL can ship 'em wherever for relatively inexpensive if you're in that desperate of need. :lol:

I would put the Xybots cab in the $400 to $500 price ball park. The monitor fix isn't too problematic. If a cap kit doesn't do it, a replacement wouldn't be too rough.

I couldn't price out the 1942 or asteroids, as their prices wildly vary (especially depending on your region). In my area, the NY NJ region, these cabs are fairly common (albeit not always in great shape). If someone is looking for one of these, they are either looking for a fixer-upper or a mint cab. This is what decides the price ultimately. Xybots cabs aren't super rare, but they aren't very common either.

A lot of what will decide the price on your collection will hinge on the demand in your area. I would also clean them up as best as possible and fix any defects you can, as it will make them more desirable to the collectors out there.

Why does the Asteroids monitor look blue? Is it just the camera playing tricks?

I wouldn't bother doing anything to the Asteroids cab unless you're going to do a full restore. In other words, it's been my experience that there are basically two type of arcade buyers:

1) ultra cheap fix it yourself kind of bastards who could care less about putting a little work into it, or may even be too lazy or don't even care to make it nicer

2) total high-end, wants everything mint (repro parts, original - doesn't matter to them) and wants it hand delivered/setup for them

...and both seem to be in hiding these days, for arcade cabs anyway. :lol:

Can't tell you how many times I've put blood, sweat and tears into a machine, only for sumguy to come by and devalue the whole job with a smartass lowball offer. So yeah, there you have it:

Asteroids as-is, $250 or up to $750 totally shopped out to the right guy (and you're right, the monitor is worth $150-$200 all day long)

1942 the way it is - $25-$50 (yeah, non-dedicated vids have almost no value anymore as many people are going to end up putting Multicade's or MAME gear in 'em)

...not sure about Xybots, but I'd say somewhere's between the $100-$150 mark maybe. But only because it's a unique Atari game/cabinet. There again though, you're going to have to find the right guy for that one. Wasn't a hugely popular game by any stretch. Took me forever to sell an Atari Off The Wall a little while back and it only fetched $100 or so. Monitor was mint, control panel was near mint and even had its sideart, etc. I would have made a mutlicade out of it had it not been for the goofy control panel and horizontal monitor layout.

Keep in mind, these are midwest prices. Stuff like this can fetch more out west, but am not so sure about "generic" vids. I had two Space Invaders cabs a couple of years ago. Couldn't sell either anywhere near me. Not even Chicago. The Space Invaders with an 8-in-1 sold for $650 to a guy out by you and he obviously didn't mind paying the $400 to have it shipped. The Space Invaders Deluxe with a mint cabinet, monitor, overlay and bezel I drug to two arcade shows in the Midwest. Took it to the MGC in WI AND the Kalamazoo show in MI. It too had an 8-in-1, but the damn thing did not sell at $500 and then I lowered the price to $400 on the last day. Nobody even bothered making a cash or trade offer on it - that's how poor arcade sales are around here.

I currently have a real nice dedicated Street Fighter II Turbo cab. Paid $25 for it last year (from a private seller, not auction) and it works!! Cleaned it up a little, made it look real presentable, but can't sell it to save my life. Since it's already pre-wired Jamma, I'm going to end up making a multicade out of it. And before that, bought a nice Mario Bros. cab for $20. The monitor didn't work and neither did the CPU. Gave that to a buddy here who cleaned her up and made some kind of MAME setup out of her. :lol:

@Benny: Wow, $400-$500 for a Xybots? *That* particular buyer is going to have to be a real Atari or Xybots fan I'd guess.

Another Atari oddity I recently passed up was S.T.U.N. Runner for $150. That was up in Crazy Climber's neck of the woods IIRC!

Edited by save2600

Oh, to finish my story about that real nice Space Invaders cab I couldn't sell or trade... ended up making a 60-in-1 out of her! Mounted a 4:3 20" LCD in the rear, to maintain that "floating" monitor 3D look, removed the button from the center of the control panel and installed an 8-way joystick in its place. Didn't hack the control panel up at all as the screws for the joystick were underneath and thread into the wood. Utlized the Player 1 and Player 2 start buttons as fire buttons as well. Cut me up some black artboard from Michael's to fill the bottom of where the old monitor was mounted and voila! Machine sold for more than twice my asking price of a near-minty SI Deluxe. :rolling:

I'm normally not into gutting/modding classic games like this, but WTF!? Nobody seemed to want it as a dedicated machine and I tried selling it for 2 friggin years! :ponder: :mad:

@Benny: Wow, $400-$500 for a Xybots? *That* particular buyer is going to have to be a real Atari or Xybots fan I'd guess.

That's just what I've seen here out east. I haven't seen that cabinet often and it is quite unique, but you are correct that it would require finding a very particular buyer.

That's just what I've seen here out east. I haven't seen that cabinet often and it is quite unique, but you are correct that it would require finding a very particular buyer.

That's why I no longer purchase games like this, thinking I can restore 'em for a quick turnaround or hell, breaking even is a trick shot these days!

LOL! I was hoping for your input, save! :) That's about what I figured for the cabs. I just had a guy come over to look at Asteroids and he was very interested, I do have it listed for $300 OBO so we'll see what happens. Sadly I think that's the only one anyone will have interest in. 1942 is a blast to play but it is a conversion and like you said unless someone's going to MAME it up nobody will want it. That's okay though, I don't mind keeping it -- I might even multicade it or MAME it myself at some point in time, I guess. The thought has crossed my mind many times.

Xybots is the rub. I'm willing to go as low as possible on it to get it out of my house! LMAO

Really all I want in my house is my SI cab for sentimental reasons, an SI Deluxe perhaps, and a pin. The rest of it can go, go go! :)

EDIT: Yes, the Asteroids looking blue is just a crappy camera. Screen is beautiful, bright white! :)

If I saw that Asteroids for only $300 I'd be all over it. You said it yourself: BRAND NEW VECTOR MONITOR. I think you could have listed it at $475 OBO.

1942: I've seen these show up on CL from time to time and every one of them is a slow seller. You'd have to put the price tag at $100 OBO to get it to move quickly.

Yeah, I wish you were local to me, I'd take that Asteroids off your hands pronto! Maybe even the 1942. Why do I have to live in the great white north?!

:P Not like you don't live very close to a certain AA member who is a KING of finding, restoring, and repairing pins and vids..... :ponder: ;)

Yeah, I wish you were local to me, I'd take that Asteroids off your hands pronto! Maybe even the 1942. Why do I have to live in the great white north?!

:P Not like you don't live very close to a certain AA member who is a KING of finding, restoring, and repairing pins and vids..... :ponder: ;)

You're giving that Asteroids away though, with the new monitor, IMO...

I think Asteroids was the first arcade game I was ever reasonably good at. The ones I played before that, I was too young to really play well. So, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Alright, I'll let the cat out of the bag on that one, and say that I asked what I paid for it: I paid $300 for Asteroids when I got it, so I'm really just asking for a full recoup on my investment on it. ;) Haven't done any work on the thing aside from cleaning out the innards a bit and touching up a couple solder points, so honestly I'm not out labor or anything. I feel the side particle board gouges really take a lot from the value on this cab, and the missing coin door assembly doesn't help either, so I figured I'd just list what I got and pass it along to someone with the time and inclination to restore it completely. Space Invaders is my baby, and she gets all the love in my house.... :love: ;)

If I were more inclined and less lazy, I'd just part it out and sell the vector monitor separately, but then I'm stuck with a gutless vector cab that I probably can't do much of anything with, and Asteroids MAME just seems.....blasphemy.

To be honest the cab hasn't been played for about three months. I just don't really like Asteroids very much, which I'm sure will get me ostracized here, LOL. For some reason it just doesn't 'jive' with my play style and I am horrible at it. I recognize the fact that it's a classic, and that it's a lot of fun for most people, but meh, not for me. To be honest had I a time machine, I would have gone back to the guy I purchased these from and swapped Asteroids out for his Battlezone he was asking $300 for (which also, incidently, had a brand new vector setup in it).

The funds will be going to a pinball machine. :D I have a couple deals cookin' up but I'm really hoping to make enough $ from the sale of these to get Airborne Avenger..... :lust: but we'll see what happens.

I think Asteroids was the first arcade game I was ever reasonably good at. The ones I played before that, I was too young to really play well. So, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

You're welcome to come and play my mint example anytime. We should plan on having you and your wife over this year for a cookout and some classic gaming goodness :)

we'll just blame this on a "double post". :lol:

EDIT 1: Looks like the "double post" demon struck twice, once for you, once for me! :grin:

EDIT 2: Also d'oh! I said I didn't do work on it. The only "intermediate level" diagnostic and repair I did on it was fix the marquee, which is not even really "intermediate" repair, more "just slightly above breathing with mouth closed" when it comes to arcade repairs. :D

Frank, that would be cool! I remember showing her the pics of your game room and even she got excited LOL

The gouge out of the side etc certainly hurts the price of that cab for sure, but its' the sort of thing I'm sure I could fix up okay and paint it up and in the dark gameroom it wouldn't be too noticable. Very cool of you to try to past it on to someone for a very reasonable price! :thumbsup:

The damages to the Asteroids cab are easy to fix if you really want to give it a go:

•  
  • Cut out the damage
  • Take some scrap plywood (or buy one of those small pieces from Home Depot) and cut out a piece to put in its place. You can use the other, undamaged side of the cabinet to trace your lines. It doesn't have to be perfect.
  • Glue the piece into place and clamp. When dry, reinforce with 1" finishing nails and punch them down below the surface.
  • Fill in the imperfections with wood putty and sand.
  • You can Dremel out the groove for the T-molding by using the existing groove as a guide. I don't have a router, so this works for me.
  • Prime and paint.

Here's some work I did on a damaged corner on Mr. Do! so you can see what I'm talkin' about...

Brand new T-molding is icing on the cake!

post-22552-0-93583600-1301273918_thumb.jpg

post-22552-0-78429700-1301273928_thumb.jpg

post-22552-0-11777200-1301273938_thumb.jpg

post-22552-0-09740000-1301273945_thumb.jpg

Actually, the repair I did on my Centipede cabinet most resembles your repair than the Mr. Do! job.

The Centipede cabinet had damage to the left side of the control panel (I circled the area in the attached pic).

So, I simply drew a vertical straight line to whack off enough the damage. Then I went to the other side of the cabinet and traced the curve onto a scrap piece of plywood. I cut it out with a jigsaw, then trimmed it down to the amount of wood I whacked off.

Glue, clamp, nail, patch, sand and paint. It's sturdy and takes a good eye to notice the repair.

post-22552-0-28445500-1301275039_thumb.jpg

I'd love to do that to my Asteroids cab, and that's mostly what I was planning on doing, but living in a tiny 4th floor apartment means I don't have woodworking tools available to me to be able to do a repair such as that, sadly. :( I guess I could try the Dremel with a cutting wheel on some plywood, but I doubt that would work.

I'd love to do that to my Asteroids cab, and that's mostly what I was planning on doing, but living in a tiny 4th floor apartment means I don't have woodworking tools available to me to be able to do a repair such as that, sadly. :( I guess I could try the Dremel with a cutting wheel on some plywood, but I doubt that would work.

In any event, you can see that the repairs are minimal and while it will take some value from the cabinet it shouldn't be much.

Also, the coin door really isn't an issue. If someone wants to put a coin door in service then they already know what they're doing to wire it up and bring it back to life.

• 2 weeks later...

I wished you lived closer to me... I'd gladly take that 1942 off of your hands... :)

If you MUST sell it, buy a 60 - in - 1 in and throw in there. Due to the fact that its just a converter cab to begin with, you're not really losing any value on it... and being that 1942 is one of the games in the 60 - in - 1, it will add an extra charm to it. :)

You'll get double the money out of it than the cost of the 60 - in - 1 easily, it'll sell a lot quicker, and get you closer to that pinball. :)

Edited by keilbaca

These cabs don't get played very much (aside from 1942 but I've decided I can just emulate it if I really want to play it)

Blasphemy!

But here's the best part -- the guy I purchased it from last year installed a new, perfect vector monitor in it. The picture on this cab looks off the factory. It's astonishing how clear and bright the vectors are on this.

Are you sure it is new and not rebuilt? If it is brand new then $300 is not out of line and you should be able to get that for it.

1942 didn't have sideart so lack of sideart is not a deterrent to price.

Actually it did :P

post-9102-0-26565700-1302349780_thumb.jpg

This game also has a brand new vertical monitor in it.

Okay, there is that NEW word again, if these are infact new they are worth money. Nobody makes these anymore, are you sure they are not just rebuilds?

This is a JAMMA cab so an easy quick-fix for an emulator or a 60-in-1, etc.

Unfortuneately 1942 is not JAMMA. I always thougt it was too but it has a unique pinout.

As you can see in the pictures, the monitor has a pink/blue spot right in the top right corner that takes up about 10% of the screen. It doesn't deter from gameplay at all, and the rest of the monitor looks great, it's just that one spot that's a problem. Best-case scenario it's a cap or two that needs replaced. Super-best-case scenario it's just the gun out of alignment and I can easily fix that via the pots. Worst-case-scenario (and I think this is most likely) the gun on the monitor is shot and the monitor needs a complete replacement. This is where a good diagnostic would help me considerably.

I don't think this is as serious as you think. Sounds like it needs a de-guassing (spelling?) What you do is take a drill (cordless) and put a small magnet on the end of it. Hold it about an inch from the screen and spin it. I like to start in the middle and spread it to the sides, the monitor will look phsycadellic initially but will soon clean up and should likely get rid of your spot. I am sure there are youtube videos showing how to do it but if you need help I can walk you through it. You will not damage anything by doing it, just start with small magnets.

So I need price checks on these. How much should they go for? What should I ask for them? What would be a reasonable offer to accept?

Asteroids - should be able to get your $300 back if it is really a NEW monitor, I'm not trying to sound like a dick but I have my doubts. I'm just trying to help and make sure you get what it is worth.Can you take some pics of it, that would help, especially if you put them in your craigslist advertisement.

1942 - Not much, especially since you can not 60 in 1 it without converting it to JAMMA. This one is probably worth more as parts. sell the brand new monitor (again, assuming this is NEW and not a rebuild) for $100-$150 and sell the PCB, marquee, bezel, wiring harness and CP for $75-$100 on KLOV which is a great place to sell parts.

Xybots - This will be a TOUGH sale, even if the de-gaussing fixes the issue. I personally turned one down for $100 last summer and I know a guy from the gridcycle forums that recently (withing the last year) got one for free that had a few minor issues. I think $150 would be your max but probably more around $100 realistically :)

Hope this helps, take some pics of the monitors. It's not that I don't believe you but it is just very uncommon for games like this to have BRAND NEW monitors, usually they are just rebuilt (cap kit/new chassis/flyback/etc..) which is still great but not as sought after. If these monitors are brand new and you can prove it on your Craigslist advertisement, I think you will get your asking prices ;) - Brian

Another Atari oddity I recently passed up was S.T.U.N. Runner for $150. That was up in Crazy Climber's neck of the woods IIRC!

I remember that one, I had to fight off buying it as well. I even had them down to $100 :o

Just didn't have the space :thumbsdown:

Edited by Crazy Climber

Was that sideart on a full-cab or just a cabaret? I'd seen it before and I thought it was just a reproduction that someone had done for it instead of original sideart.

The monitors were new -- I checked when I purchased the cabs and then again when I listed them. The guy I bought them from provided me with manuals and documentation for the monitors when I bought them and I can assure you, they were NEW. ;) I do know what I'm talking about sometimes! :P

I ended up getting $300 for Asteroids, $100 for 1942, and then $150 for Xybots, which I parted out.

Thanks for the degaussing tip! To be honest I was wondering if that's all it was, as I'd seen computer monitors do something like that and a quick degauss fixed the problem. I just never got around to testing the theory at all as life kept constantly getting in the way of me restoring these cabs, which really sucked but oh well.

LOL! Actually a few days ago before 1942 sold I opened it up and peeked around and figured out it wasn't JAMMA. Hilariously enough I'd been told by multiple people that it was JAMMA and had just taken their word for it instead of looking myself.

I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about a small section of my arcade monitor being discolored. He said to take a hair dryer and rotate in circles until you're about six feet away from the screen.

The vector monitor could have been NOS. Even if it was rebuilt a buyer will be happy knowing that it was maintained and won't die on them within a year of purchase.

Was that sideart on a full-cab or just a cabaret? I'd seen it before and I thought it was just a reproduction that someone had done for it instead of original sideart.

The monitors were new -- I checked when I purchased the cabs and then again when I listed them. The guy I bought them from provided me with manuals and documentation for the monitors when I bought them and I can assure you, they were NEW. ;) I do know what I'm talking about sometimes! :P

I ended up getting $300 for Asteroids, $100 for 1942, and then $150 for Xybots, which I parted out.

Thanks for the degaussing tip! To be honest I was wondering if that's all it was, as I'd seen computer monitors do something like that and a quick degauss fixed the problem. I just never got around to testing the theory at all as life kept constantly getting in the way of me restoring these cabs, which really sucked but oh well.

LOL! Actually a few days ago before 1942 sold I opened it up and peeked around and figured out it wasn't JAMMA. Hilariously enough I'd been told by multiple people that it was JAMMA and had just taken their word for it instead of looking myself.

Yeah, 1942 had side art. Pretty much every conversion kit did so it could cover up the old side art of whatever game it was replacing. I think operators ended up getting lazy since they had to swap them so often and just started painting them black. On the plus side that means a lot of NOS artwork is still out there. If you let that go for $100 with a brand new monitor that was too cheap but you win some you lose some.

$300 for Asteroids with a new monitor is fair

$150 for parting out Xybots is also a good price, a lot of people frown on parting out dedicated working games though(especially unique ones) so be careful who you tell that to since you might catch some slack for it. The KLOV forums have numerous arguments going about that. I really don't know where to side myself...on the one hand you generally get MORE money for parting out a common game that you will have a LOT of trouble selling...on the other hand you destroy a piece of arcade history and soooo many have already been destroyed. Tough call but if nobody buys it you gotta do what you gotta do right ;)

I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about a small section of my arcade monitor being discolored. He said to take a hair dryer and rotate in circles until you're about six feet away from the screen.

Magnets work much better, this is a shitty video of someone doing it. I am sure you can find a better quality one but it will at least show what I am talking about..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j404EgmdXSU