IGNORED

Price Check on Cabs

Cebus Capucinis

That's sort of how I took it. I got what I wanted for Asteroids, and 1942 was a loss, but oh well, such is life. The $150 for the Xybots parts was more than I figured I'd get, so I'm happy with that completely. Plus I don't have all these cabs taking up what scant room we have -- even after we move into this bigger place, we're still going to be hard-up for space and I most definitely could NOT fit a pin in on top of all of these. I just had to trim it down to a single cabinet, and out of all of them, Space Invaders had to stay due to the family history connected to it and mostly just because I like telling that bizarre story to everyone who comes over. :) So I consider it a good sale, the parts went to someone who needed them to finish out a complete Xybots cab of their own so at least I didn't destroy the number "in field" too horribly, and Asteroids and 1942 went to a younger guy (early 20s) who just started a family and wants his kids to grow up in an arcade room, even if it's just at home, so I consider that a good cause, so it all wins out in the end for me. :)

Well, the hair dryer doesn't work.

I tried the power drill motor and that didn't work either (simply circle a power drill at full speed close to the monitor)

I don't have the guts to attach a magnet to a power drill. It would be cheaper to pick up a coil instead of replacing the monitor glass because the magnet flew off.

Well, the hair dryer doesn't work.

I tried the power drill motor and that didn't work either (simply circle a power drill at full speed close to the monitor)

I don't have the guts to attach a magnet to a power drill. It would be cheaper to pick up a coil instead of replacing the monitor glass because the magnet flew off.

Unlikely it would fly off AT the monitor, but just in case, maybe tape some of that foam sheet packing material around it or something. That shouldn't interfere with the magnetic field, but should protect the glass from chipping during an incident.*

* Note I have never tried this before, I'm just talking out of my a$$, but it makes sense to me.

Unlikely it would fly off AT the monitor, but just in case, maybe tape some of that foam sheet packing material around it or something. That shouldn't interfere with the magnetic field, but should protect the glass from chipping during an incident.*

* Note I have never tried this before, I'm just talking out of my a$$, but it makes sense to me.

One of my best friend's name is Bad F. Luck. With all the time, effort and resources I put into Congorilla just to have it play something, I couldn't justify an inaugural degaussing using a power drill and magnet technique.

Congorilla is probably the most frustrating projects I worked on - one thing after another.

In any event, I hear ya and the info is helpful.

Edited by rmaerz

One of my best friend's name is Bad F. Luck. With all the time, effort and resources I put into Congorilla just to have it play something, I couldn't justify an inaugural degaussing using a power drill and magnet technique.

Congorilla is probably the most frustrating projects I worked on - one thing after another.

In any event, I hear ya and the info is helpful.

The magnet you would use is pretty small, shouldn't cause any damage if dropped. The bigger the magnet used the farther away you can hold it but I find that harder, a nice small magnet just a few inches from the monitor works great. My cousin felt the same way as you though and he glued it and that worked fine without risking it falling off. You could always have someone tip the cabinet forward while you degause it also, that sounds more dangerous though ;)