IGNORED

High Score Club 9.08 - Variety Pack 4

Ze_ro

played enough of the ultra frustrating Stampede for the day. 3,663. Shark Attack is the only game this season more frustrating.

Good first day score, despite the frustration :)

Thanks. The thing that makes this game so frustrating is losing all your lives in a blink of an eye. I had 4 guys left with a score of 3,663 and lost all in a second. It's a shame too because it could of been a great game if not for that major game killing flaw.

Ah. Another variety pack, nice. :)

This time i own three of the games: jungle hunt, stampede and joust.

I tryed playing megamania in stella, but i didn´t get eny of the roms i found to work properly. The movent of the sprites arent as smooth as it should be, so im gona focus on the three games i got.

Maybe it´s my computer that doesen´t work properly?

First try scores:

jungle hunt: 18860

stampede: 2594

joust: 103600

Same thing happens in Stella for me too. Frustrating.

It's only one out of the four that I don't own. Darn.

Try using OpenGL rendering mode, and turn on Vsync. Both these options are in 'Video Settings'. Make sure you have the latest OpenGL drivers installed for your video card. Vsync with OpenGL synchronizes the video output to the refresh rate of your monitor, leading to very smooth updates. And as an extra treat, it's way faster than the default software mode.

On a minor rant, I wish I could by default enable OpenGL support for everyone, like I do for the OSX port. But because a lot of Linux and Windows users don't have OpenGL drivers set up, it would be even worse than now (ie, the app wouldn't start at all).

played enough of the ultra frustrating Stampede for the day. 3,663. Shark Attack is the only game this season more frustrating.

Shark Attack is the most frustrating game that I've ever played.

For me, Stampede is one of the greatest games ever created. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be frustrating, too. ;)

Try using OpenGL rendering mode, and turn on Vsync. Both these options are in 'Video Settings'. Make sure you have the latest OpenGL drivers installed for your video card. Vsync with OpenGL synchronizes the video output to the refresh rate of your monitor, leading to very smooth updates. And as an extra treat, it's way faster than the default software mode.

That did the trick. :thumbsup: Thanks :)

Megamania - 106,430 (Improved from 78,400)

Stampede - 5,704 (Improved from 3,722)

Howdy Scrabbler nice Stampede-'n' score partner.

100ks for Megamaina is also a good start.

I'll be joining the 100k group for Megamania

I'm now, also joining the 5ks club in Stampede

5,146 5,910

Do we get a big belt buckle or Wrangler patch for this? :cool:

post-3059-0-37732000-1303410923_thumb.jpg

post-3059-0-56427600-1303430028_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Megamania 99,210

Jungle Hunt 55,160

Joust ?

Stampede ?

Megamania makes me feel some nausea... :P

Haven't played it much at all!

Jungle Hunt I played before and kinda dig it.

Already a personal best by 20ks extra. THE VINES ARE HELL at the

50k mark! :ponder:

Nice Jungle Hunt score. How do you handle the big boulders and the pogo stick guy?

Jungle Hunt Tips I know there's no bonus for it, but I will post some if asked!

Here goes,

Well, the big boulders... I go by instinct so far (and hold joystick left for full speed)... but to clear the pogo stick guy... stand sorta close to him, like a full guy size or two away... wait untill he is hops at the left, then as he hops to the right... when his jump reaches "highest" or headed in the (middle) of his hop, then jump over him! It works everytime. Odd, that it would work best when he's highest in his hop, but it does.

By the 3rd wave through the game, I avoid the crocs/alligators? all together,

they're too fast to risk getting bit.

Vines, sometimes taking time on a tricky one is a good idea, don't rush "one after the other" when entering the second wave of the game. In general, if you have a tough time, jumping when the vine is farthest to the left is a good idea.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Ok... I finally got started...

Megamania-55450 Rolled it as a kid 25+ years ago. Not sure if I can do that again.

Stampede- 2279 Love this game. Play it every so often.

Joust 37550- Played it on my Atari computer and at the arcades. This version is rough.

Jungle Hunt 5700- Played it on my Atari computer. This version is rough too.

VOCELLI

post-28484-0-00335900-1303412843_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-28190400-1303412858_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-81204800-1303412871_thumb.jpg

post-28484-0-21118400-1303412880_thumb.jpg

Shark Attack is the most frustrating game that I've ever played.

For me, Stampede is one of the greatest games ever created. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be frustrating, too. ;)

The more I play Stampede the more I like it. It's fun now that I know what I'm doing.

Awesome Stampede score, Scrabbler! Got any tips on this one?

Thanks. Starting to get my old form back on this one.

I haven't read any tips from last time. I'll just go a little bit of my technique and what I think is important.

I clear two rows at a time. The first thing to come out after one row is a head bone. Clearing the second row brings out the black steer. These alternate for each row cleared. When you know the bone is coming out next, that time can be used to go push the dogies and get back for the white ones.

Make sure all the dogies are pushed up before clearing the way for the black steer. You have to have enough time to stand there and wait for it.

Most important is keeping the dogies ahead of the horse (master of the obvious.) After the levels speed up, I just work one row at a time.

When pushing the dogies, it helps if they are even, so you can start at the top and just come down the screen (or vice versa) and push them all in one shot. You can help line them up by pushing into the middle of a group for the lead group and pushing the farther back group with the nose of the horse.

Don't be afraid to lose one cow, if in doing so you can save three of four. The big cattle jailbreak is the one that will do you in.

The whole game starts to turn into a rhythm of pushing and patience, being selective in throwing the rope at the right time.

Megamania - 106,430 (Improved from 78,400)

Stampede - 5,704 (Improved from 3,722)

Howdy Scrabbler nice Stampede-'n' score partner.

100ks for Megamaina is also a good start.

I'll be joining the 100k group for Megamania

I'm now, also joining the 5ks club in Stampede

Do we get a big belt buckle or Wrangler patch for this? :cool:

Thank ya (I have to work on my western accent).

I can hear your horse coming up the canyon...