IGNORED

High Score Club 9.08 - Variety Pack 4

Ze_ro

ROLLAGE IN MEGAMANIA - 999,999 (in 2 attempts)

post-24681-0-83408400-1303345458_thumb.png

Note: I used Game 1 with Difficulty B (Guided and Fast Missiles).

UGH! You make it look easy.Holy Rollage! Holy Schnitzel... :twisted:

I just wished Crackpots was picked instead of Stampede... Ugh, I can't stand Stampede.

I wish anything instead of the game Megamania!

AGAIN...

This game is good, but it isn't all THAT. I'm getting better but it's not really more fun... it's just more constant no blink "focusing".

About six gamers have rolled the score with this one in Season 7, so for a variety pack game this was a BAD IDEA... sorry.

STILL, having a blast playing! Even with my nemesis Megamaina :twisted:

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Hmmm, perhaps someone can give me some cough bonus points if I reveal the sacred Stampede pattern? I think everyone would totally love this game if they knew it, but I refuse to reveal my secret before the end if it means jeopardizing my position without bonus!

ROLLAGE IN MEGAMANIA - 999,999 (in 2 attempts)

post-24681-0-83408400-1303345458_thumb.png

Note: I used Game 1 with Difficulty B (Guided and Fast Missiles).

UGH! You make it look easy.Holy Rollage! Holy Schnitzel... :twisted:

I just wished Crackpots was picked instead of Stampede... Ugh, I can't stand Stampede.

I wish anything instead of the game Megamania!

AGAIN...

This game is good, but it isn't all THAT. I'm getting better but it's not really more fun... it's just more constant no blink "focusing".

About six gamers have rolled the score with this one in Season 7, so for a variety pack game this was a BAD IDEA... sorry.

STILL, having a blast playing! Even with my nemesis Megamaina :twisted:

It's hard to hit the targets when they move all over the place. My hit rate must be about 30%. Even though I like the game, I've always had a very hard time with the spastic enemies.

SPECIAL NOTE TO MODERATOR (Ze_ro):

Stampede has 5 digits on the scoreboard, and NOT 4. Once you complete 10,000 points, the 5th digit of your score (in this case, "1") appears at the bottom of the screen, near Activision Logo. So, the maximum score possible is 99,999.

NOTE: See Post #91 (Scrabbler15, congrats for your high score).

Edited by oyamafamily

Hmmm, perhaps someone can give me some cough bonus points if I reveal the sacred Stampede pattern? I think everyone would totally love this game if they knew it, but I refuse to reveal my secret before the end if it means jeopardizing my position without bonus!

Watch and study this guys pattern. This is how I got pretty good at the game

Jungle Hunt 40,240

Great tips Jacob! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks roadrunner and great score :thumbsup:

I have played some good Jungle Hunt games about 11 years ago. I think it stuck with me. I read the manual, and you can DUCK or RUN under the boulders... I never knew that. :ponder: Though it's still really difficult!

NOTE TO Zero: Jungle Hunt season 4 link is incorrect!

Here's the topic,

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/88985-hsc-season-4-week-7-jungle-hunt/

I like this part of the old Jungle Hunt results,

Bounties and Challenges

* Master of the Hunt - Score 75,000 points or higher and get 2 bonus points!

o No one!

LOL... probably because when you reach the Vines for the 4th time, you have to be spot on or you will fall... it's nearly impossible. :|

Jungle Hunt is a good game but 3 things that prevent it from being great.

Problem 1: The big boulders in round 2 and up are WAY to hard to get over. They should of kept them the same as round 1.

Problem 2: The crocodiles are too hard to hit because your knife is about 1 inch long.

Problem 3: The first 3 levels the vines are fun and challenging but level 4 is nearly impossible.

Edited by Frostbite76

Watch and study this guys pattern. This is how I got pretty good at the game

:) I've been chasing David Yancey's scores since back in the day when we both had high scores in the Activisions newsletters.

I had a chance to talk to him, last year, about his technique of clearing three rows at time. It didn't help me much, because I have only been successful clearing two at a time. Maybe I'll try the three row technique, again, since I'm very much into Stampede, right now.

Since we're on the subject, I think that the more the cattle are pushed forward, the more they don't want to be pushed. They start travelling less and less distance away from the horse. Moral: rope as much as is safe and push only when there is no other option.

Sometimes it's advantageous to bump the cattle and rope 'em before they get away from the horse.

Sometimes it's advantageous to throw the long rope to get the cow in the middle of the screen. This helps when you need to go push cows and there isn't time to wait around for the cow to get closer.

The dark brown cows are your friend. They stand as a buffer between winning and watching all the white cows streak by in a cloud of Game Over.

The price of beef just went up!

Stampede - 10,027 (Improved from 8,935)

You can see the 10,000 marker to the left of the Activision logo.

That's a five-figure round-up!

Now I gotta go back and work on the games I've been ignoring so I could play this one.

post-26187-0-49756600-1303529871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scrabbler15
  • Like 1

My scores thus far:

Megamania: 217,770

Stampede: 3,474

Joust: 19,500

Jungle Hunt: [b]7,500[/b]

I can't get into Jungle Hunt. Swingin' on vines and jumpin' around just ain't my idea of fun. But the other games are cool, so I'm not compaining. :)

Ignore the first pic --- added by mistake

post-27900-0-42975800-1303532580_thumb.jpg

post-27900-0-55654900-1303532659_thumb.jpg

post-27900-0-18586100-1303532697_thumb.jpg

post-27900-0-11839300-1303532753_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gorfy

Man I want to rock that 10K so bad! Getting close. A little slip up, I've found, can lose you several lives in a row if you're not careful. Looks like my strategy and the pattern is still a secret...

Man I want to rock that 10K so bad! Getting close. A little slip up, I've found, can lose you several lives in a row if you're not careful. Looks like my strategy and the pattern is still a secret...

It's really hard after 4500. I have know idea how I pulled off my Stampede high score of 6,900 something. I keep getting around 4,500 to 5,000.

Joust - 45,600 (Improved from 42,100)

I always thought this game would be great fun, if I didn't stink at it. It has always been a nemesis game for me, even in the arcades. Still working on this one. Still got a week and a half. Still have high hopes for a breakthrough on this game, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

post-26187-0-69149700-1303563528_thumb.png

I'm jealous of Scrabbler.. he got the 10ks and the **steer head!**

:(

Congrads on the 10ks Scrab! Does this mean you rolled it at the variety pack, or no?

I'm proud of my 6ks. Though, I don't see how one can get 10ks, the cattle gets stubborn and eventually all them dogies fall off the screen! :ponder:

I'm where Frostbite is with Stampede, I tend to get 4 or 5ks a lot.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I'm jealous of Scrabbler.. he got the 10ks and the **steer head!**

:(

Congrads on the 10ks Scrab! Does this mean you rolled it at the variety pack, or no?

I'm proud of my 6ks. Though, I don't see how one can get 10ks, the cattle gets stubborn and eventually all them dogies fall off the screen! :ponder:

I'm where Frostbite is with Stampede, I tend to get 4 or 5ks a lot.

Thanks, Jacob. Yeah, this is my variety pack score. Got it last night when I should have been sleeping. ;)