IGNORED

High Score Club 9.08 - Variety Pack 4

Ze_ro

How do you handle the big boulders and the pogo stick guy?

For these I tend to always stay back, when one comes I slowly inch back and then duck. For the natives, I let them jump away, and then jump over them as they jump towards me. Don't try to aim for the jump when their at their stationary points. Working on these games now!

I remember why I play Jungle Hunt only occasionally. That game has some questionable mechanics and collision detection at times. Seriously. Anyway, not a bad start:

Jungle Hunt: 22,150

Edit: Just got into Stampede. I always liked this game. I thought there was a pattern to the black ones appearing, but it doesn't seem so. Was going great and then one caught me way at the bottom of the screen. I hardly bother with the dark brown ones, I tend to just keep juggling them.

Stampede: 2,750

Edited by Stan

Yay! I have all four games!

Jungle Hunt was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. I think I was much better at it then than I am now.

Jungle Hunt: 21,510

post-2105-0-51299300-1303434657_thumb.jpg

I think the key to Stampede is memorizing where all those Black Anguses show up.

Stampede: 1,475

post-2105-0-93342300-1303434740_thumb.jpg

Magamania is insane like the commercial says.

Magamania: 35,760

post-2105-0-47449600-1303434812_thumb.jpg

I've never played much Joust. I'm going to have to check the online manual.

Hey there. Tough day today! I just could'nt get a better score in Megamania. boo hoo! Oh well plenty of time to improve.... I guess. I did however, get a lil higher in my other games. They are as follows: Joust: 99 200 Stampede: 2170 Jungle Hunt: 19 470. Till next time my fellow gamers:)

post-29475-0-76536000-1303440796_thumb.jpg

post-29475-0-98834900-1303440830_thumb.jpg

post-29475-0-74753400-1303440852_thumb.jpg

Once again, you make me feel like that medium fish from the small pond....

Anyways, I started with the familiar Joust and Stampede, since I've had these cartridges since around 1983, and the others have been added to my collection only in the past year.

I realize that my scores have already been knocked out of contention, but since few tips have been posted, I'd like to put in my thoughts on these games.

Stampede: it's tempting for your twitch reflect to rope them doggies as soon as you see 'em, but patience rewards the experienced cowman. Wait until you see the bow in them legs; the longer you throw your rope, the longer you're immobile. Also don't shy from simply kicking them forward rather than roping them, and try to always snag a herd on the inbound - your swing is shorter and faster for that incoming second or third steer, while it simply lengthens when they scurry away from your hooves at top speed. Juggling is a necessity in this line of work. Be sure a black lazy longhorn (or two) will follow every skull in your path: if some yellows are at the far top or bottom, you can bet your picante sauce that black slow-poke will pop up on the opposite fence. Also, mind the bottom row, as a few cows' lengths will tuck below your rope and beneath your nose, so plan that throw a little early.

Joust: juggle those early level eggs all you want 'til the 'Dactyl comes, but you know it's cheap and boring. Keep pressing onward! Generally speaking, the inertia of movement is hard to reverse, especially in mid-air, so you're best off working a strait vertical column in the middle of the screen with some frantic button-work. Death from Above ™! Only move laterally as necessary to catch a stray egg that's about to pop into a blue rider, and return to a rather more central position as you can. A little joystick action goes a loooong ways here. Avoid screen-wrapping as well, for there's a full sprite length of black hole on either side, in which you CAN be killed. Never start a new level touching a platform, for if it drops out you'll be temporarily stuck in free-fall; always start on the fly (flap). Blues are more trouble than they're worth, but the grey riders are hardly more trouble than the red, if you're inclined to let them hatch and kill them twice-over for bit of extra change. Killing 'dactyls is fun, and the ladies (boys) love it, but rarely worth the risk, points-wise.

post-29468-0-95414700-1303451347_thumb.jpg

post-29468-0-92618300-1303451353_thumb.jpg

Jungle Hunt 40,240

Great tips Jacob! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks roadrunner and great score :thumbsup:

I have played some good Jungle Hunt games about 11 years ago. I think it stuck with me. I read the manual, and you can DUCK or RUN under the boulders... I never knew that. :ponder: Though it's still really difficult!

NOTE TO Zero: Jungle Hunt season 4 link is incorrect!

Here's the topic,

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/88985-hsc-season-4-week-7-jungle-hunt/

I like this part of the old Jungle Hunt results,

Bounties and Challenges

* Master of the Hunt - Score 75,000 points or higher and get 2 bonus points!

o No one!

LOL... probably because when you reach the Vines for the 4th time, you have to be spot on or you will fall... it's nearly impossible. :|

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Current high scores below. I'm totally rocking Stampede. Aiming for the 10K mark. It's really quite easy once you get it down. Cocky playing and not paying attention for a brief moment will destroy you later on. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I discovered it, there IS in fact a pattern to how the black cows appear. There's a pattern to the whole thing, actually, but it's not something you can memorize.

Jungle Hunt: 22,150

Stampede: 4,283

Edited by Stan

ROLLAGE IN MEGAMANIA - 999,999 (in 2 attempts)

post-24681-0-83408400-1303345458_thumb.png

Note: I used Game 1 with Difficulty B (Guided and Fast Missiles).

UGH! You make it look easy.Holy Rollage! Holy Schnitzel... :twisted:

He does, I haven't seen anyone this dominant since Todd Rogers.

I just wished Crackpots was picked instead of Stampede... Ugh, I can't stand Stampede.

I'll have to give these a go this weekend. I'll actually be home this weekend, so I'll get some good game time in. :)

Edited by keilbaca

Megamania

I don't like games where most of your bullets don't hit a target right above you!!

I'm getting better at this one though, but I don't get how to stay safe on the level with those easter baskets that float fast, LEFT/RIGHT downwards.

:x

Edited by JacobZu7zu7