IGNORED

High Score Club 9.08 - Variety Pack 4

Ze_ro

I find the large boulders almost impossible to get over after round 2. I just jump and pray

The boulders keep the same speed in round 3 and 4 as in 2 I think.

The patterns range from being "slighty difficult" or just "hell" by the 2nd run at the boulders, they are already really fast...

Seems the Crocs just get faster and faster I think 4th time was even faster! lol.

I wonder if the vines get tougher then 4th re-entering, I can't see how

Tod Rogers got 800ks! It doesn't award any free lives after 10ks! :!:

Joust big improvement. 232,800. In the later levels, I keep dying as soon as I come back to life. :thumbsdown:

Nice Jousting :thumbsup:

That score should hold up well...

I find myself giving birth to an egg to get passed 100ks, let alone 200ks. :D

Thanks Jacob. Joust is a great game till level 21. If you die in a level after 20, good luck coming back to life. I just got to level 25 with 7 guys left and wasted them all in about 5 seconds. The Blue bastards keep hitting you as soon as you come back to life. I couldn't even get off the ground .

Edited by Frostbite76

I find the large boulders almost impossible to get over after round 2. I just jump and pray

The boulders keep the same speed in round 3 and 4 as in 2 I think.

The patterns range from being "slighty difficult" or just "hell" by the 2nd run at the boulders, they are already really fast...

Seems the Crocs just get faster and faster I think 4th time was even faster! lol.

I wonder if the vines get tougher then 4th re-entering, I can't see how

Tod Rogers got 800ks! It doesn't award any free lives after 10ks! :!:

You might be correct. I thought the Big ones were faster in round 3? I was lucky enough to jump over all of them on level 3 once, but lost 4 of my lives on the vines on round 4. I think I made it to the 3rd vine, lol.

Some improvment on joust and stampede.

Im now starting to like stampede, witch is a game i have allways hated before.

I guess i never gave this game a fair chance back when.

Joust is starting piss me off big time. Loose a life amongst the blue birds and you stand zero chance of scoring another point!

I use to be good at this game! AAaaahrghh!!! :x

stampede: 3569

post-13033-0-17456500-1303649870_thumb.jpg

joust: 166900

post-13033-0-28665300-1303649892_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Joust is starting piss me off big time. Loose a life amongst the blue birds and you stand zero chance of scoring another point!

I've had the same experience with Stampede. Used to hate it, but I've come to appreciate it a great deal now that i"m trying to master it. That's one of the great beauties of this HSC --- it affords the opportunity to develop an appreciation of games previously ignored or rejected.

By the way, you're still good at Joust!

• Like 1

Megamania 72,040

I hates those #@%&*$*@ irons!! :x :x

At least i got over 50k for a patch. :)

Really, you hate the Irons?! The Iron square things that come down in 3's?, That's one of the only levels I don't lose lives in.

I just head to the right when if I miss a couple, and shoot them when they're up high again.

I am starting to hate those "yellow buttered asteroids", they seem to come when I have only two lives... I panic and my game ends. :x I also don't like the pink and green down shaking "things".

In fact every level but the green jacks and hamburgers has some kinda "torture"... lol.

Megamania 72,040

Really, you hate the Irons?! The Iron square things that come down in 3's?, That's one of the only levels I don't lose lives in.

I just head to the right when if I miss a couple, and shoot them when they're up high again.

I am starting to hate those "yellow buttered asteroids", they seem to come when I have only two lives... I panic and my game ends. :x I also don't like the pink and green down shaking "things".

In fact every level but the green jacks and hamburgers has some kinda "torture"... lol.

What sucks about the irons wave is that it takes forever for them to go back to the top of the screen.

And if i miss the first iron in one of the 3 sets i'm f@cked.

But i do like the "yellow buttered asteroids" wave, that's the easiest wave for me. :)

I've had the same experience with Stampede. Used to hate it, but I've come to appreciate it a great deal now that i"m trying to master it. That's one of the great beauties of this HSC --- it affords the opportunity to develop an appreciation of games previously ignored or rejected.

By the way, you're still good at Joust!

:thumbsup: :)

Totally agree.

I´m embaresed to admit that i have been so focused on collecting games lately that i kind of forgot to play some of them. One game that i have owned for several years without giving a proper go is last weeks game frost bite, witch turned out to be a really great game.

PS.

I guess i used to be very good at joust. :)

I liked Stampede the first time out some 18 years ago, when I first got it lol...

Since I didn't have many games like now, I could spend more time on it, and I enjoyed it pretty early on.

Though I didn't like Laser Blast at first, still kinda plain today.

I can't stop playing these Variety Pack games... help! :?

• Like 1

Megamania 72,040

What sucks about the irons wave is that it takes forever for them to go back to the top of the screen.

And if i miss the first iron in one of the 3 sets i'm f@cked.

But i do like the "yellow buttered asteroids" wave, that's the easiest wave for me. :)

Irons are challenging, but I like the fact I don't die repeatedly on these levels.

I actually shot open an Iron in a completely missed set of Irons, which I had no way to get into... I just flew right next to it... and fired. It worked lol.

I feel a huge relief when I see the Irons, cause I know I won't lose 5 lives in a row... (Diamonds) did that once.. grr. I'm used to the Bow Ties, they don't bother me anymore.

Hmmm, them yellow Asteroids.... actually THAT level is VERY simple the first time around, but when the yellow goodness starts to zig zag downward in 3's... it can cause me to lose 2-3 lives if I don't shoot like 5-8 of them right away.

I'm used to those "deep red" and yellow Sandwiches now, I just follow the pattern they fall in and shoot, seems to work well now.

I hate yellow asteroids, pink/green falling baskets and diamonds.

Though I'm getting used to this game now, I think!? :cool:

Seems like with a 4 of these variety pack games, you could lose ALL your lives in just one section of play! :twisted:

post-29468-0-38896500-1303678197_thumb.jpgpost-29468-0-02156900-1303678191_thumb.jpgpost-29468-0-28576100-1303678185_thumb.jpg

Minor improvement to Stampede 2889, a jump above 100K in Joust 112760, and a baseline score for Jungle Hunt 20780 (which I've never been good at).

I'll post a score for Megamania as soon as I have something less embarrassing to show, since I simply suck at that one, and can only hope for "participation" points.

Stampede - 13,576 (Improved from 11,921)

I've been trying to improve my Megamania score, but have not been able to do it. I don't know how much 'mania' Oyama and Deteacher experienced, since they rolled it right to a million. I, on the other hand, am definitely experiencing 'Mega' 'mania', because the game is driving me crazy right now.

post-26187-0-67416900-1303678322_thumb.jpg

It is tough finding time for games when there is so much great hockey on (and OT games) :D

Joust is not my game. I have trouble controlling that bird or whatever it is. It slips and slides all over the place. After four plays, I managed just 15,000.

Joust: 15,000

post-2105-0-04696300-1303698960_thumb.jpg

I did improve a little on Stampede.

Stampede: 2,306

post-2105-0-38226100-1303698989_thumb.jpg