IGNORED

Rebooteroids!

CyranoJ

How about 2 player simulations/co-op? Like Sonic and Tales, or in a fixed screen?

Yeah, the Co-Op would be ... totally awesome ...

attachicon.gifroid-7.png

I'm assuming this is telling me that I can adjust the Sound FX levels. But again, I hate to even be slightly critical of it because it looks awesome and I love Asteroids, and this appears to be a totally awesome Jaguar type of game like that. But with the sound like that, I was starting to get a headache, and I'm not trying to be a broad or anything. I grew up listening to Metallica / Slayer / Pantera, grunge (like Nirvana, etc...) ... Prodigy... teen of the early 90s. The game is 100% awesome in every other respect, but the shooting sound can drive me to near suicide.

• 1 month later...

OK, anyone know when this game is coming out?

I really, REALLY want it. I love Asteroids, and this will satisfy that "hole" for a game such as this on the Atari Jaguar. There are just two points I want to make.

1 - Please change the fire sound effect. When it is continuous firing, it really starts to pound in my head. This is coming from someone who grew up listening to Motley Crue, Metallica, Guns n Roses, etc... in the 80s, then Slayer, Pantera, Nirvana, etc in the 90s, and then Papa Roach and Disturbed in the 2000s... And now I'm just old and listen to AM conservative talk radio. If it could be more of a less obnoxious noise... maybe more like "pew pew pew!!!" hahah. Or maybe make it configurable, because I'm sure there's some developer that worked really hard to find that sound.

2 - Really glad you guys added support for a rotary controller!!!

Edited by 82-T/A

OK, anyone know when this game is coming out?

Nope.

1 - Please change the fire sound effect.

That is a very old video.

2 - Really glad you guys added support for a rotary controller!!!

TWO rotary controllers. Assuming someone with a Jaguar can also claim to have a friend.

• Like 2

We're attempting to purchase carts for it, we're waiting from information from the company who makes them. Once that is underway, the remaining levels will get designed and the game finished but there's no point putting a date on it as that always leads to broken deadlines and stuff and too much of it is either out of our control or depends on personal circumstances. So best thing is let this thread sink back to the bottom and await a new one telling you how to buy it.

This isn't the only thing we've been working on since 2011, it's something that has ticked over in the background, been shifted from targeting cart to CD back to cart and all other kinds of design changes. We know it's a fun game and plays decently and we know we need to do it justice and do it right. The thing is, getting a game so far is fun. Then it can get boring. Then it can get irritating. Then it can be something that makes you want to put your Jaguar in a box and not even think about it for 6 months because that's too much like being stuck in a shit job you hate, except it's self-inflicted. This is one of many reasons why games end up being crap, because the people making them would rather not be sat making them at that particular time.

One thing is certain, pretty much everyone who plays it kind of likes it. I had it on show for a day at Play Manchester a few years back. The feedback I got there from all kinds of gamers, from retro heads to little kids who had never even heard of Atari, let alone Jaguar, was, tbh, more than any of us could ever have expected. When you see kids sat saying "one more go" while their parents are attempting to drag them away and occasionally a couple of people standing in line to take a look when there are literally dozens of machines and games all out on display, you get good vibes. Two guys in particular came back several times over the day and played and talked at length. They promised to purchase the game and Jaguars to play it on once released.

So now it's about getting it finished off, fully tested and in a state that makes having sat on it for 5 years worthwhile instead of rushing it out when we reached that feared 10% to completion barrier.

It's already supports rotary controllers and audio is configurable (sfx and music separately).

• Like 13

So now it's about getting it finished off, fully tested and in a state that makes having sat on it for 5 years worthwhile instead of rushing it out when we reached that feared 10% to completion barrier.

Imagine how much better it'd be after SEVEN YEARS!

*According to some t**t in another forum post.....

• Like 5

This isn't the only thing we've been working on since 2011, it's something that has ticked over in the background, been shifted from targeting cart to CD back to cart and all other kinds of design changes. We know it's a fun game and plays decently and we know we need to do it justice and do it right. The thing is, getting a game so far is fun. Then it can get boring. Then it can get irritating. Then it can be something that makes you want to put your Jaguar in a box and not even think about it for 6 months because that's too much like being stuck in a shit job you hate, except it's self-inflicted. This is one of many reasons why games end up being crap, because the people making them would rather not be sat making them at that particular time.

Totally understand, I've been there with several projects. But as the individual who is interested in it... I'm being selfish and want the game! :)

• Like 3

Err. Was that me?! :lol:

It's a Jaguar meme. Someone dismissed people making and releasing games relatively quickly because MR. X TOOK SEVEN YEARS to make his game. That made it that much better, apparently. So 7 years became a thing.

• Like 2

Also:

So best thing is let this thread sink back to the bottom and await a new one telling you how to buy it.

This ^

Please create a new order/purchase thread when this comes out. If this thread was merely 'bumped' with "game now available", chances are, many of us 'gamers' would miss it ;)

• 1 month later...