IGNORED

Rebooteroids!

CyranoJ

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Blasteroids? Asteroids Deluxe was vector as well and even though I have Asteroids, I like Deluxe better. The blacklit background is awesome, the blue gel gives the graphics a cool tint, and the "death stars" force you to keep moving.

Yeah, I think you're right... just looked a few up on eBay, and Deluxe is fine... maybe it's Blasteroids...

I just remember that I always really liked the Vector graphics Asteroids.

I keep remembering back to this one time my parents took us on a family vacation some 25 years ago... I think we were staying at a Holiday Inn. In this little atrium room they had in between the hotel and the office, they had a bunch of arcade games. There was Asteroids there, and it was already ~10 years old at that point, but I remember thinking how awesome it was. It was the first vector / raster (?) game I had ever played... I had never seen anything like it before. All the other arcade games (or games at home) that I was used to were games like on the Atari 2600 or my NES (which I had just bought a few years before). It really left an impression on me. I can close my eyes and still see that arcade game just sitting there... hah..

DONT bash Blastroids! It was amazing at the time . It was like asteroids meets Sinistron. And the rock grfx are still great.

Back to Rebootoids...LOVE the web code thingy. THANK YOU! I'm glad you thought of adding it.

Another game to look forward to. And I still have to pick up the Time pilotish game damn it.

Now when are you guys going to do a fighter? I've been begging for one for the Jag for years. There really is nothing good punch and kick wise on the system at all.

Yeah the QR code is great - nobody likes typing in those codes. Hopefully we'll get more up take on the web scoreboards now.

As for a Fighter... That controller.... *SHUDDER*

The only fighters I've ever liked are Soul Edge and Soul Calibur... So don't expect a fighter from us, ever, sorry. Just the thought of having to play test one gives me the creeps.

DONT bash Blastroids! It was amazing at the time . It was like asteroids meets Sinistron. And the rock grfx are still great.

Back to Rebootoids...LOVE the web code thingy. THANK YOU! I'm glad you thought of adding it.
Another game to look forward to. And I still have to pick up the Time pilotish game damn it.
Now when are you guys going to do a fighter? I've been begging for one for the Jag for years. There really is nothing good punch and kick wise on the system at all.

• Like 4

The only fighters I've ever liked are Soul Edge and Soul Calibur... So don't expect a fighter from us, ever, sorry. Just the thought of having to play test one gives me the creeps.

Seriously. I really think that the Jag would benefit from a pad adaptor (akin to what Zerosquare did re: PS1 for Jag).

Either to accommodate Saturn or PS1 pads. I f*cking WISH I was one of you tech/electronics inclined guys, which many of you Jag guys are, as I'd be all over it! But I'm just not I'm afraid. I'm the guy who designs the packaging for it. That's my calling :-D

But honestly, creating a 2D fighter, although plentiful back in the day when they were popular, is hugely expensive and time consuming now. It would take a team of guys like Reboot around a decade to sit down, conceptualise, develop, animate, design, playtest, balance etc something like a fighter - unless they had someone on the team who was ESPECIALLY into fighting games and understood all the nuances, requirements and what a fighting really requires.

For example, these guys had been wanting to do their own fighter since they were kids, and when they finally brought all their culminated, time honed ideas into the forefront, it still took around 5 YEARS to get off the ground: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skullgirls

With the small audience the Jag has already, it just wouldn't be worth anyone's time to make a full-on fighter. Anything less, and you may as well actually play Kasumi Ninja or Ultra Vortek instead.

JUST GET SOMEONE... to port the Amiga version of IK+ and offer/work in a 3P mode via the Team Tap. See if Archer Maclean would be up for it. It's still one of the best fighters ever, after all!

Just rename it: IK+ 2000 :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm not talking Super Street Fighter Ultra Matrix Reloaded EX 2!

something like a port with updated grafx, like IK+....a final fight type deal...river city ransom.

If not Ill be super happy with a Gradius shooter..lol

Or even easier a Tempest 3K.

OK..OK...Elevator Action.

If ya never saw the Saturn version..its cool

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1YGhYW83n30

I kid...I know how much time it takes for home brews...ppl have real life to deal with. Except the ppl a NGDev!

• Like 1

Hopefully not another defender/protector.

I agree new would be great, but I'm not putting money done on seeing anything than short arcade type titles coming out. No RPGs..C&C..FPS..no wipeouts XL.

And yes it needs something..we got shit to fighters or beat em ups. Not to mention everything else we got shitted on..lol

Cannon Fodder 2.

Hell I DONT care. Not like I get to play squat anymore.

Can't wait for this cart!

I think we were staying at a Holiday Inn. In this little atrium room they had in between the hotel and the office, they had a bunch of arcade games. There was Asteroids there, and it was already ~10 years old at that point, but I remember thinking how awesome it was. It was the first vector / raster (?) game I had ever played.

Vector. Blasteroids, however, is a raster game.

• 1 month later...

So, the HDD on my laptop died... Rebooteroids is canc...

Whew! I thought you were serious for just a half a second, or pulling gorf type move, lol! But then I was like, no wait,.. he's a lot smarter than to keep valuable, unbackedup files on a hot laptop hdd. Good one bro! Will be looking forward to this game, Its come a long way since I did a bit of playing on the alpha, waay back when.

So, the HDD on my laptop died... Rebooteroids is canc...

Oh, yes. We store the source externally.

Drive swapped, disaster averted ;)

Are you sure it was an HDD crash, and not some bizarre root kit that was put on your machine to steal the code?

• Like 6