IGNORED

Rebooteroids!

CyranoJ

It is :)

I'd love to post more screenshots, but I want to wait until all the final graphics are all in.

Recent additions:

Multiplayer Co-Operative play (Pilot/Gunner)

4 seperate high-score tables (Arcade/Arcade Co-Op/Skirmish/Skirmish Co-Op)

QR Codes for highscores

High Res (640x480) title picture

I'm really looking forward to calling this one done and letting everyone play it.

Glad Rebooteroids is still a go.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Jagware folk,

Used to have fun talking on IRC with you, and I like the games you make. This looks like a really promising game. I will admit, this seems to drag on and on... almost as if you all are teasing "We have this great game butttt you can't have it yet."

Not sure how much of is true or not. You seemed to have a great deal of fun teasing with Soul Star, so anyway, tease away, and when you actually make a cartridge release, drop me a line when ready at drclu@swbell.net.

Ready for the game. Let me know when ready.

Ignoring this thread and all the teasing for now.

Doctor Clu

It's all detailed here written on July 2012:

http://reboot.atari.org/new-reboot/rebooteroids.html

And Rebooteriods was announced on April 2011.

Since that announcement we have seen Degz (Great game), Kobayashi Maru (which seemed to have been worked on about the same time and a bit before Rebooteriods), Downfall in 2011, Downfall + in 2014, Rocketeer sometime last year, the 8 bit version of Rocketeer last year (actually happy to see the Intellivision version) :), Beebris, Expressway, and Rocks Off.

They are a talented group of programmers and I believe if they really wanted to complete Rebooteriods they would have done so by now. But as it is it is that project OTHER that is interesting, they like to showcase from time to time while they work on other projects.

That is fine, just saying I'm done with the teasing.

Looks cool, would love to play it, let me know when it's done.

• Like 1

I've played the game at several shows over the last couple of years and its a ton of fun to play. Sh3-rg and I attended Play Expo last year as part of the Oldschool Gaming stand. Play Expo is the UKs largest retro/modern gaming event with a massive 8000 people through the door on the Saturday alone. Its always a good sign when plenty of people are attracted to a homebrew game and wander over to play it. After all, we are competing for people's gaming time along with BITD games, modern games, arcade and pinball machines so there is plenty to see and do. I don't think many people cared that it was on the jaguar to be honest, they just kept on having fun and blowing everything away.

• Like 1

Trust me, there isn't anyone on the planet who wants this finished more than me.

As for Soul Star, that one is out of my hands - It's up to Neo. But in order to get that game in tip top shape we really need an emulator that can handle CD video streaming properly so the frames can be digitally captured and re-touched.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...