IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Just got back from vacation in Florida, here's what about $65 got me while I was down there.

Colecovision Loose:

Tapper

SNES loose:

Super Mario World

Chrono Trigger

E.V.O.

Earthworm Jim 2

Venom/Spider-Man Separation Anxiety

Dragon's Lair

SNES Boxed:

Cleaning Kit (Looks new)

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Big Sky Trooper

Operation Logic Bomb

Genesis Loose:

NBA Action '94

Street Fighter II Special Championship Edition

Mortal Kombat

Ultimate Mortal Kombat

NES Loose:

Trojan

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Shadowgate

N64 Loose:

Ridge Racer 64

WWF War Zone

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey

WCW Mayhem

PS2 New:

God Of War

Gameboy Color transparent purple, sans battery cover, but it works.

Sega Genesis Arcade Power Stick

Sega Gamegear AC adapter

Edited by Wester

Did a little thrifting over the last few weeks:

Traders:

----------

Ultimate Spider-man (GC) $7 after trade.

Entertainment Centre:

--------------------------

Path of Neo (PS2) $6 after trade.

Goodwill:

-----------

Tandy 1000HX $5

(Passed on Printer and Monochrome Monitor)

Came with all manuals.

ValueVillage:

---------------

Intellivoice 4.99

(Passed on a Tandy joystick for my 1000HX)

JJ's Flea Market:

-------------------

Super Action Baseball (CV) $1

Didn't realize until after I bought it that it needed the Super Action Controller, which I don't have. :thumbsdown:

Another Goodwill:

--------------------

Bi-Directional Parallel cable for transferring from my new PC to my ancient laptop -- in packaging, $2

Highway Flea Market:

-------------------------

2 Nuby Extender Cables for my Nomad and 2600 - $1 apiece.

Patriot Games DVD Widescreen - $4

Not a bad few weeks!

I think I got my best find yet. Yesterday I picked up Quest for Quintana Roo (2600 Sunrise version) with manual for 50 cents! :D

Besides Quest, I also found:

*SNES Mechwarrior

*2600 Video Checkers

*2600 Sneak 'n Peek

*2600 Slik Stik

*2600 Adventure (Sear's Text Label)

*2600 PointMaster Joystick

*NES Quickshot Joystick (10 cents!)

*SNES Superscope

*ColecoVison Carnival

*C64 Kickman Cart

*N64 Wrestlemania 2000

*N64 WCW Backstage Assault

*N64 RF Cord

*5200 Power Supply

Yesterday i went to my secondhand shop and picked up 5 boxed msx games, all complete with manual for 90 eurocent each:

- monkey academy konami

- Athleticland konami

- Antarctic adventure konami

- mouser sony

- eggerland mystery hal laboratory inc

Let's see, what did I get today?

Power Pad and Zapper, in NES Power System box (no console): $2

Intellivision, plus 16 boxed (mostly common) games: $20

I've been dying to get my hands on an Intellivision, and at long last, I've got one in my collection! I was surprised by the quality of the games, too... all had boxes, and nearly all had instructions.

JR

I finally found something other than an $8 "Night Driver" in a thrift store. It's not much, but I found a copy of SEGA's Sub Scan for $5 at a Goodwill in Arlington. My first SEGA game for the 2600 and my first "find" in a thrift store (I did find a working copy of "Atlantis" on the ground at the dump one time...it still makes me sad that I had to pretend to toss it "back" in the car, because they don't allow any scavenging; there was probably a whole box of 2600 stuff there somewhere). The Goodwill still has 9 common 2600 carts left, but they want $5 for each of those, too...

There's also the town of Arlington in Wisconsin, and Arlington township in Wisconsin. Confusing? Nah! It's like one town is on one side of the Star Trek parallel universe borderline, the other town's on the other side. You can tell, because the people in one town all have goatees. :)

It must have been really confusing when Arlington, Va and the two Arlingtons in W. Va were all in the same state...

That's nothing - see this page: Common Placenames

If someone tells you to meet him at "Five Points, Pennsylvania", how do you figure out which of the 32 places matching that description he means?!?

Also note that the placename thought by many people to be most common in the U.S., Springfield, didn't make any of the lists.

Incidentally, for a junior high math class project to get a very rough low-ball estimate of the speed of Santa Claus (by using the entire population of one reasonably large city in each of the 48 contiguous states to stand in for all the people in the state who celebrate Christmas), I happened to notice several Springfields in the Atlas, and this was way before the Simpsons - '80 or '81. I included as many Springfields as I could find that were large enough to qualify. I think my list ended up with around 11. BTW, Santa is really incredibly, amazingly fast! ;)

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Just picked up 3 empty Saturn cases for free

If anyone needs any just PM me

World series baseball 2

Tomb raider (spine is a bit damaged)

Virtua Cop

Also picked up Virtua Fighter for $3 complete

and there are a few others left down there but I'm broke.

no video game stuff this weekend :( except for a ds game

traded in 4 cds i paid 1.00 each made 9.00 and then i bought metroid prime hunters used 15.00 FYE paid 5.00 for it in the end :)

got a few cds 1.00 each

robot boxers .25 (rockem robots or whatever)

new digital camera 5.00

better luck next weekend for the games, cant complain ive had a great deal of luck garage saling so to speak.

Just got home from vacation in Denver Colorado.

Found a bunch of cool stuff while traveling to and from there.

The Intellivision games are all sealed $3 to $5 each.

NES Quauntum Fighters also sealed $6.

Hungy Hungry Hippos was sealed $3.

TI computer with manuals and parts new in packages, $7.99.

Gemstick joystick packaged $2.99.

Payed a bit much ($3.43) for most of the 2600 carts, but found some I did'nt have so that was ok.

Spent about 2 dollars in quarters and finally got the blue pac man ghost out of one of those robot arm vending machines in Denny's.

And a bunch of others stuff dirt cheap.

post-9326-1151460912_thumb.jpg

youngskywalker in Unique thrift store

post-9326-1151461399_thumb.jpg

Edited by youngskywalker

This is a pretty awesome find. Those hippos tend to break very easily, given all the stress they are put through to get their marble meals! I'd totally love to have a nice minty one, but I think I'd probably just play it because I love the game so much, Sheer genius.

Edit: I had no idea they were still making NEW copies of this game! I guess I just have that classic gamer mindset that these games are all old and hard to find. I might pick myself up one of the rereleases.

Still a nice find, though!

Edited by phaxda

This is a pretty awesome find. Those hippos tend to break very easily, given all the stress they are put through to get their marble meals! I'd totally love to have a nice minty one, but I think I'd probably just play it because I love the game so much, Sheer genius.

Edit: I had no idea they were still making NEW copies of this game! I guess I just have that classic gamer mindset that these games are all old and hard to find. I might pick myself up one of the rereleases.

Still a nice find, though!

This one says 1978 Hasbro on the side, I checked the new hungry hungry hippos box and it's totally different, this one appears to be an original issue.

post-9326-1151467849_thumb.jpg

Edited by youngskywalker

Got some good buys over at GameRush....

All New!

PS2

Metal Slug-$10

007 Agent Under Fire-$5

Playboy Mansion-$5

Full Spectrum Warrior-$3.75

Resident Evil Outbreak File #2-$5

Outlaw Golf 2-$5

All New!

PSP

NBA-$7.50

Rengoku-$10

Fifa-$5

MVP Baseball-$7.50

1 Gig Men Stick: $15 (I was very happy about that)

PS1

All PS1 games are $2 each. New and Used

I can't remember all of them... but the MAIN ones I got:

(3) Final Fantasy VII- $2 each

2 Used (GH version and an original version), and 1 still sealed (Greatest Hits Version)

Parasite Eve

Destruction Derby

(2)Metal Gear

Metal Gear VR Missions

I also got 3 Namco Museum games. Can't remember which ones they were though.

The others... about 10 or so were just games I wanted to try out. Tempest, Risk, etc.

I sold one of the Final Fantasy games already. LOL The same day I got it, I sold the opened Greatest Hits version to a friend here in Michigan. I got $40 for it. (I know they go for more on ebay... but that was good for me. Besides it was missing the instructions!). I'll probably sell the other FF VII but keep the Sealed version.

So in all... that stuff cost me about: $70 total (after that FFV sell)

There were a lot of crap games... I had to go to 5 stores... so keep that in mind when you are looking around.

Side Note:

I also got the following Sears Picture Labels for 99 cents each:

Space Combat

Black Jack

Yar's Revenge (2)

Haunted House (bad end label)

Basketball

Berzerk

Chase

I also got 2 DS games for my girlfriend's kid... one is Harry Potter and I can't remember the other. But they were $5 each. None of the stores had ANY good GBA games. 2 of the stores did not realize they even had a sale going on. The one store still had Metal Slug 4/5 marked at $39.99 and the 1 Gig Mem stick at $99.00. I told them they were cheaper. And when they rung them up... it was cheaper. :)

Edited by EricDeLee

Today, I stopped at an antique shop outside of Thibodaux, Louisiana, and bought a Pac-Man lunchbox for $15 (no Thermos inside, unfortunately) and Space Canyon by Panda for the 2600 for $2. The guy there told me that he had just gotten in around 200 Atari 2600 games, around 100 NES games, and a bunch of assorted Intellivision stuff. He hadn't priced everything up yet, though (his wife was looking on eBay for pricing :x ) and had only priced a few 2600 games, Space Canyon being one. I wish I could be in town when he puts the rest out, if there's one Panda cart, I'm hoping there's going to be more rare carts. When I was leaving, he told me that he had a working Pac-Man arcade cab and a not working Ms. Pac-Man arcade cab in storage. He would let the Ms. Pac-Man go for $100. From what he described, there is a wire that's come unattached inside that goes to a reset switch, so it won't run properly. It sounds like it would be easy to fix. I need to let my brother know about it, since last year he was looking for arcade machines to go into his new game room.

Elsewhere, I picked up a few common Atari 800 computer cartridges and a couple common 2600 carts at an indoor flea market for $1 each.

Yesterday, I picked up a copy of Earthworm Jim for the Genesis (no box, but with instructions) for $2 at a Salvation Army. Until today, that's the best thing I found all week.

Stopped in an indoor flea market in Alexandria, LA, and bought a copy of Flash Gordon and Gangster Alley, for $3.99 each. Didn't stop anywhere else during my 10 hour drive to look for thrift finds on the trip like I had originally planned out, I just wanted to get home.