IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

For $1 each this morning,

Phoenix, 2600

Yars revenge, I bought this as the label is upside down with no gloss. So its the common silver except the silver is white. Looks kinda cool

And some SMS

Rampart

Quartet

Summer games

A friend (non-collector) at work told me that the local goodwill had a 2600 without hookups and with a game inserted for $2.50. I went to get it two days later (been very busy) and it was GONE. I advised friend to purchase any 2600 systems priced under $5 for me or risk royal ass-whoopin. :D

I bought 6 games at Goodwill for $26 - three NES games loose, and three Genesis games CIB. I figured it was worth it for the Genesis games alone (Gamers here charges $10 and up for boxed games). The NES stuff was pure SeanBaby crap I've always wanted; including Chubby Cherub and M.U.S.C.L.E. :D

I found 5200 Zaxxon ($2), 2600 Wall Ball ($3) and 2600 Sentinel (boxed, mint) ($3) and six other 2600 game that I don't have. These officially put me over the 200 mark (all have been found in the wild!). It was a really good day for me and I am thankful the wife lets me stop at flea markets on road trips :).

It's been a while but:

Atari 2600 NTSC

Spitfire Attack

Radar Lock

Solar Storm

Ghost Manor/Spike's Peak

China Syndrome

Colecvision

Spy Hunter

Time Pilot

Slither

Lady Bug

Mr. Do!

NES

Super Spike V Ball

SMS

Monopoly, complete

...and a Sears Super Pong IV

all for $45 CDN. I am hella stoked. Best find in a while. Yehaw!!!!

What a deal this was! Found this at the local swap meet for all of $6 !

7800 Console with 2 controllers and a power supply

9 7800 Carts

35 2600 Carts

I asked the longtime owner (yeah right... ) how much and the guy said $7; I probably could have got him down to $5 but since it was turning out to be such a good morning I asked if he would take $6 and the deal was done! Didn't have the switch box but I'll make do. Mostly all commons on the cartridges but there are a few new ones to add to the collection. :D

After I picked this up a saw a boxed Intellivision ( it wasn't that pretty )which I passed on and another guy had a 5200 with 4 common games. Of course I asked how much and he said $35! I said I'm glad I found the 7800 stuff first and went on my way!

Been keeping out of the thrifts & garage sales 'til I get the house cleaned out s'more... but I just couldn't resist anymore. Good thing too - lots of great finds:

* 2600 Jr., 10 boxed games, misc accessories, 3x unopened paddle controllers, Lynx power supply, - $12.50

* N64 special edition Pikachu console - $7.50

* Sega CD Trivial Pursuit - $2

* Playstation in phony leather case - $7.50

* 8 still sealed PSX memory cards - about a buck each

* SongPro gameboy MP3 player - $30

* Game Boy e-Reader - $20

* Game Boy Camera - $7

* boxed & new Sega CD add-on - $9

* Virtual Boy complete setup - $4

and at the risk of anyone not caring...

* pink Casio SK-1 - $2

Nice to know that the thrifts always have a lot of great junk to offer to help me clutter up my house.

Got some good stuff today, Spent $25 all up

2600 vader

gorf 2600

Playstation ($5) the original one with all the conections at the back. As its the first model the laser needed adjusting, All works now.

Fighting vipers, saturn

Street fighter Alpha, Saturn

Donkey kong 64, boxed

Sega Genesis

Three Controllers

Light Gun

PSU

Sega and Nintendo RF connectors

College Football, Hockey 93, Tecmo Super Bowl, Lethal Enforcers, Dick Vitales College Hoops, RBI Basebal '93 (all loose)

MKII, NBA Jam, John Madden '93(boxed - no instructions)

all for $3 :D

late,

patrick

Did good tonight...

Miner 2049er (rarity 5) for $1.99!!

Also got the following for $1.99 each...

Coconuts and M.A.D. (Both rarity 4)

Fast Food, M*A*S*H, Spider-Man, and Star Wars Jedi Arena (All rarity 3, and getting Jedi Arena means I now have all the Star Wars games.)

Crystal Castles, Dig Dug, Haunted House, Mouse Trap, and Sky Jinks (All rarity 2)

They had around 30 games at the store. Mostly commons, so I got lucky with finding the rarer ones. What was interesting was that they had Space Invaders and several other commons for $5-$7, which is absolutely ridiculous. None of the ones I bought had price tags on them, so the clerk told me $1.99 apiece.

Don't feel too aggravated - I'm willing to put them all up for trade or purchase except for Rip Off and Spike (the two that I needed). They also had a Berzerk but I was a buck short so I left it behind, if you need it I could pick it up manana.

Went to 3 or 4 junk shops Tuesday and got the following for $14.00 total:

Coleco Target Town gun game in box

Apple IIE

NES console, 2 controllers, TV switch

Genesis controller

Alphabet Zoo for TRS80

Atari 2600: Cosmic Creeps, Battlezone, Jungle Hunt

Coleco Carnival, Donkey Kong

1950's Allied moving company truck

Passed on the following since I already have a bunch of them: Genesis with Sonic game for $10.00, and a bunch of NES guns and controllers for $2.00 each.

post-471-1057250725_thumb.jpg