IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

@Zeus, is that an Atari Breifcase with the space for a heavy sixer?

I beleive the breifcase thing I have has 12 slots for games.

Anyway this was a few days ago now but I found a few C64 carts in with the cassets at my thrift.

Wizard of wor

Visible solar system

financial advisor

international soccer

magic desk I

And I have every single one of them already :lol: twice

Their from a pack-in box for the C64 and there about as common as Combat

exept they always show up in a group of 5 :lol:

A Sunday morning flea market story....

Walking across the street after parking the car I found a five dollar bill by the median so that was a good start. Inside I found an old Super Pong console. Asking the seller how much he wanted for "this old thing," I got the answer of "how about $1.00--i think it's a tv game."

An old Pong console AND $4 richer. Way cool! :D

Yayyyy, Some stuff finally

Radar Lock

Strategy x

Bmx Airmaster

SMS

Rampage

RC Grand Prix

And one of those pirate Famicom carts which claims to be a squillion in one, Which holds about 5 titles.

Almost nothing this weekend (local storms kept people in).

* SimCity 2000 for the Sega Saturn, PAL - A$10

* 1986 Transformers toy car (pull-back action) A$0.50

There was a boxed original model SMS, but I've already got about 4 working SMS decks, I didn't need another one. Other than that an assortment of boring NES and Megadrive carts.

My mother found a nice Arabia tea set. Brown glaze.

Instead I spent a heap of time sorting out the storeroom -- particularly because its not supposed to just be a storeroom and it was getting pretty packed.

Goodwill, Andover, Ohio

2600-

Football, box, manual

Demons to Diamonds, box, manual

Warlords, box, manual

Goodwill, Warren, Ohio

Apple ][-

Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego, box, documentation, 5" disk

I didn't get it because they wanted $7 for it, and none of my apple comps have even an external 5" drive. Only my 386 PC does, and I'm not fiddling with formats on systems that old.

This was *my* first weekend really going out after my friends have been collecting / searching for almost a year.

On saturday, after a rocky start (the driver got a speeding ticket), I spotted two 2600's on a table. I asked the guy how much - he shrugged and said $2 each.

I picked up 2 VCS's, 3 games, 2 joysticks, 2 paddles, 1 power supply and 1 rf for $5...

then on sunday, we found a garage sale on our way back from a town sale. I was beat, didn't even want to get out of the car. I got to the house a minute o r so after my friends, so I didn't go to their section, they had it locked. So, I wandered over to the shrubery at the front of the house, saw a strange box sitting on top, asked how much it was - they said $3... turned out to be a NES toploader...

not a bad weekend for me.

My friend also picked up an Atari Stunt Cycle, but every reference on the board is about the cart version (a remake?)... he's not sure what the hell to do with it, keep it, sell it... they guy selling it had the box and I think everything inside *shrug*.

Wow, my mistake, I looked a bit harder in the forums and found a bunch of good info, maybe I misspelled it in the search...

I took a long break from thrifting whie I cleaned this place up. After getting back on the horse, I've been quickly reminded of why thrifting is so great. Got 6 Saturn games for $1.50 ea., boxed SNES & 2 games for $5, Amiga Video Toaster for $10, oh- just tons and tons of stuff in just a day. Obviously I'm _meant_ to be thrifting all the time. :)

I had a decent hit today (well, better than anything I've seen in a while in any case.)

SMS:

Rocky (CIB except the insert is a copy)

Outrun (CIB except the insert is a copy)

Great Golf (CIB)

World Grand Prix (CIB)

Gameboy Color:

Mario Tennis (Sealed)

Intellivision (all pretty much CIB):

AD&D

Boxing

Burgertime

NASL Soccer

Night Stalker

NHL Hockey

NFL Football

Tron Deadly Discs

Tron Maze-a-Tron

All for $27 including the tax. I also passed on a boxed 32x for $13 that was tempting as well as a bag for $8 that has an SMS controller, phaser, and Quickshot controller for SMS that I might go back for.

ok, please don't hate me for this one...

So there it was no power supply, no controller, no switch box, nothing... Just a sweet black console in great shape...

I say, "how much"

He says "ummm... $25..."

"No thanks", I say, "besides how do I know it will even work?"

Friend picks it up says, "look at this dust everywhere.. I don't think it works."

He says "25 and you can bring iut back if it doesn't work.."

Friend says, "I wouldn't do it..."

We start to walk away he says "$20 but you can't bring it back..."

I stop, "$20?.... How about $15 and I won't bring it back if it fails"

He says "But the guy I get stuff from has never given me stuff that doesn't work..."

We start to walk away, "But I have no guarranty, I could be blowing $15 bucks."

We walk 10 feet and he says "Alright, alright, I'll do it... I sure hope it works for you."

$15 paid and a quick trip to a local used game store where I know they will have everything to test it...

We get it all set up, it powers on and works like a dream. All the switches work and everything functions like it was brand spanking new...

What a great find...

Oh, did I mention it was an GameCube?

Thrift store Friday:

TI 99/4a speech synthesizer in excellent shape-$1.00

ProPad controller for the PC like new in box with paperwork/software and receipt-$1.00

A Playstation MadCatz steering wheel/shifter controller in excellent shape-$3.00. The foot pedals were there on another aisle for $2.00 but I didnt realize that they went with the controller (I thought it was for a PC because of the end cord). I got home and saw where the pedals plug in and realized that the pedals went with the controller. I will have to pick it up next week.

Oh, I dont own a Playstation so I got one off of Ebay complete with 2 controllers and Gran Turismo 1 and 2 for $21.50 plus shipping. Im looking forward to racing next week.

The only Atari 2600 I found was a Donkey Kong for $1.00 but I have 2 copies already. This cartridge was in mint condition but the thrift had written a big $1.00 with a magic marker on it. I left it there.

Found an NES power set (the one with the Power Pad) with all the packaging in really good shape (even has the twist ties and baggies). For $10. Almost passed it over, decided to buy even though I told myself that I only collect for Atari & CV. Problem was: no power cord, easily fixed by going to microplay. Also, no 3-1 game cart, as advertised on box :x , now a new search is in order.

Not a bad weekend:

* Atari 1040STe - A$2. Works.

* Radio Shack TRS-80 - A$8. Works

* Gameboy Printer - A$25 (not as good a deal, but these are hard to find.) Works but the paper is treated to go dark on impact, so the old paper in the printer is a bit crappy. I've got a pack of three rolls somewhere...

I have never seen a secondhand Namco Museum in any store ever and I've looked hard.  I'm glad I picked up #2 new.

This same store had 1 + 3 (both dirt common since they're still in print as Greatest Hits) and 4 (which I didn't need) for the same price. I asked about 2 but the guy told me he'd just sold it a day or so ago. D'oh!!

Not a bad weekend:

* Atari 1040STe - A$2.  Works.

* Radio Shack TRS-80 - A$8.  Works

* Gameboy Printer - A$25 (not as good a deal, but these are hard to find.) Works but the paper is treated to go dark on impact, so the old paper in the printer is a bit crappy.  I've got a pack of three rolls somewhere...

Nice Finds! I've been looking for a TRS 80 lately, I had a boxed mint Thermal Printer for it, but I've sold that. That 1040 find reminds me of the one I got from the local auctions with a Mono Monitor.

Anyway, I got one nice find today from a nice Man. Thanks to the Readersmart for this super find

Mac Performa 250 (Color Classic) With heaps of software, all Complete A$25

I seen a gameboy printer the other day for $10 at a cashies nearby (Balcatta?) except I have not one GB at the moment.