IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Today I went to a local thrift shop and got a Wireless Remote Controller for the NES for only $2 CDN. I think it was made by both Acclaim and Camerica but I'm not sure. It even came with all the hookups needed. The thing I like about this wireless controller is that it's the closest wireless controller I've seen so far that is almost the exact size as the NES controller (unlike my wireless Atari 2600/NES joystick by Camerica).

Has anyone ever seen one of these things or know anything about them?

@badbrad - Nice Power Glove/R.O.B. find. If that Power Glove is the larger size glove then I must have it! 8) If you'd trade it to me that would be cool.

Has anyone ever seen one of these things or know anything about them?  

Yes. I have 2 of them. They are OK, but you must stay close to the reciever and you must make sure the transmitter is pointing at the reciever the whole time. I got frustrated when I got into a game and moved slightly, then it would stop working... It's a cool find though!

For about $6, I got a dozen Atari games including 4 7800 games, Turmoil, Kangaroo, a Sears "Tank*Plus" I had never seen before with red lettering and a really funky S (same style I've seen on Outer Space) Dodge 'Em and Fast Food. A few of the items were new or upgrades, but all of the rest went into tradebait. :D

Today for $5:

Air Raiders (black)

Lock'n'Chase (white)

Kangaroo (c 1987)

Jr. Pac-Man

Joust

Dig-Dug (7800)

Food Fight (7800)

Galaga (7800)

Ms. Pac-Man (7800)

Donkey Kong (red)

And a manual for the Intellivision Master Component thrown in free. :D

I have found a Couple of nes sytems. Virtual Boy Complete in carring case with everything. Also a bunch of atari 2600 hundred Carts here and there and numerous other small finds. This one last friday was the best All at once i have ever found in the feild. 33 Boxed atari 2600 games and 32 loose ones. Also Two joy stick, paddles in the insert box , 2600 track ball and 30 misc instructions. There was about 50 more loose carts but they were commons and a really nice gent was waiting his turn to view them. I was going to take them all but felt kinda bad. So i let him a few. This is the first time I have posted pictures on here hope they come out.

post-3065-1051241070_thumb.jpg

Hi all!

Howard gets all the good stuff. :P I found a TI-99/4A in the box today for 13.00 with all the books and cords. This is actually the second one I've found in thrift stores ( except the first one didn't have the power or tv cord ) which leads me to a question... why do both of the ones I have, have what I am guessing was the UPC sticker cut off. Was there a promotion for a cart or something? Just curious since both of them are that way.

why do both of the ones I have, have what I am guessing was the UPC sticker cut off.  Was there a promotion for a cart or something?   Just curious since both of them are that way.

Are you refering to this? (See photo, bottom right corner of each manual)

I've been pondering that for years. I even opened some deadstock boxed games to see if the manuals were cut...they were...so it must have been done prior to being delivered to the consumer, which eliminates a promotion. Maybe retailers did it. Perhaps they received some sort of commission from TI for every game they stocked. Every TI command module (cart) manual I have looks like this.

Don't know.

post-2851-1051247123_thumb.jpg

Actually found some atari stuff today, I was shocked

4 game carts

Mario Bros $2.99 (has some label damage)

Word Zapper $2.99

Vanguard $2.99

GI Joe Cobra Strike $2.99

2 Joysticks for the Atari, "Champion Reel-Up" the cord reels up into the base $2.99 each. Anyone know anything about these? Only marking is "Champ" on the plug, how can you tell the difference between Super Champ & Mini champ? These are pretty good size I would assume super? (picture has it next to an Atari joystick)

atari_js.jpg

Arcadia Supercharger $0.99 What is this for?

atari_sc.jpg

Atari 2600 JR power supply $0.99

Atari Computer Power Supply (C061982) $1.99 Anyone know what computer this is for?

They also had an Atari 2600 jr with 2 joysticks for $12.99 (no power supply or rf cable) but I didnt buy it.

Those are nice finds! That Supercharger is pretty cool. There are games you can get on cassette tape that'll work with it. They aren't too expensive.

I had a great hunting Saturday myself. I found a 5200 Wico Command controller (I need a Y cable now!!!) & a Track & Field controller both for $3.00 and also I found some boxed games:

(Sears) Dare Diver -- complete

(Sears) Circus -- complete

(Sears) Berzerk -- no instructions

(Sears) Steeplechase -- no instructions

(Imagic) Quick Step -- no instructions

(Starpath) Communist Mutants from Space -- no instructions

Man I scored big time this weekend garage saleing. Came home with 3 systems, 1 vader. 42 Games and 11 atari joysticks, 3 off brand, 3 sets of paddles for $35.00$ 2 snes sytems for $10.00, 1 sega genesis for 1.00. Sega master system 1 game for 10.00 plus all hookups. :D Got some great games too.

Raft Rider us games

entomed us games

revenge of the beefsteak tomatoes fox

sneak n peek vidtec

commando raid us games

squeeze box us games

and the rest pretty much commons. and only ended up with 4 doubles out of the 42. Man hand a great weekend yard saleing weather was great and plentiful yard sales.

Good luck and happy hunting.