IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Holy crap, Dragon Warrior 3 for a buck? Somebody let you steal that one, man. I see it regularly for at least 20 bucks LOOSE.

And it's the Iceman! Rooty Poot! Man, Parsons was the originator of catch phrases. He was doing it a decade before guys like The Rock and Austin even thought about it.

hell yeah.iceman king parsons is one of my favorite wrestlers.on the way home from work i hit 2 goodwils and found:

afterburner table top game from tiger 1989 looks awesome:$2.50 but the color of the tag was 75% off,i got it for 68 cents after tax

compute!'s guide to nintendo games hardback book:$2

wing commander for snes(cart only)$2

then at a gamestop got metal saga for ps2(brand new)$19.99

i might be going to the flea market tomorrow after work.hope i can find some stuff there.

LOL at that last part. Sorry here is a better understanding. Now I'll call it party 1, and part 2.

Original Plan: to make a diversion, while a friend of mine TPs someone.

Party 1 included me, and 3 friends which we were all going to go TP one of the members in the crews's ex's.

-This party was a distraction, for one of the members in the party was getting TP'd as we do our TPing job.

Part 2 inculed one friend.

This party was to go and TP one of the members in Party 1, while he was distracted.

In the END:

I get 8 NES games and 2 controllers for running about a mile in 1 in the morning to go and be a distraction.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing. :)

so, party of the first part Tp's a house in order to distract the victim of the party of the second part? as in just a general secondary Tp'ing? or was the victim of the party of the second part the instigator of the party of the first part?

see.. it would be the utmost of general hilarity if that the individual that Tp'd their ex would come home after a night of petty vandalism to see that while they were out committing this act, they had also fallen victim to the same petty vandalism.

other wise, its just random chicanery.

practical jokes are one thing.. but a good prank must be thoughtful, and afford the most mind fuck for the buck.

case in point.. the new brewer at my shop decided it would be silly to place a bottle of dish soap on my lines outfeed convayer for the case packer to find..

me and the packer took the bottle and hid it immeditly..

when "mike" came back for the laugh we pleaded ignorance of a any bottle of saop ever going down the line.. "mark is yelling at me over the din of the line " HE'S ASKING ABOUT SOAP!"

"SOAP!?"

"SOAP!"

so I grab a spray bottle filled with detergent and hand it to him... "SOAP!!!"

"NO! THERE WAS A BOTTLE! DAWN!"

me and mark look at each other and shake our heads in befuddlement

a couple of momnets later.. Mike has a flashlight and is peering into the mounting pallot of cased up beer bottles, hoping to find the packed up bottle of soap.

the bottle has now vanished, presumably packed into a case of beer...

three weeks later I give the bottle to one of my Distribution drivers..

keep in mind that this particular driver happens to be the guy who played "the punisher" on WWE in the late 80's,

The man is still HUGE! and wears a kilt at all times.. don't fuck with the giant man in the skirt..

the three weeks later gave enough time to allow for the buzz about the missing bottle to subside, I'e' forgot about, and to give a plausable amount of time for if a bottle of dish soap had been packed into a case of beer, this would be a the logical turnaround point for it to rear its ugly head..

Tom had great fun with it..

one morning.. out of the blue.. Tom came up on the mike and sold it..

in the story the bottle was found on a remote C-drop.. and was the only case that was sold.. considering that the case was short because of a GOD DAMN DISH SOAP BOTTLE, he had to take the whole thing back to the ware house, swap the case out with a GOOD ONE, and on the way back out the delivery van broke down.. IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, at rush hour! it took the damn AAA 3 hours TO GET THERE!!! and he didn't get home that night till midnight because SOMEONE WANTED TO PLAY A STUPID JOKE!!!

well.. you can just imagine a former prowrastler selling this poor little guy down for his inconsiderate tom foolery..

when mike was sufficiently scared shitless and dejected.. we said.. "ahh we're just fucking with ya.. its been here all along.. welcome to the team.."

just so y'all know.. Mike took it in stride and is a lot more comfortable around the joint.

Found an RCA Studio II console but no power supply, switch box, or any cart. Only $0.99 for it. Also found an USB ZIP250 drive for $0.99 as well. :D Left behind a SCSI ZIP250 with no power supply, a few Genesis sport carts, Wii Wi-Fi adapter, and a PSX controller with a badly chewed cord.

Okay so I got a story for you guys.

About a month or so ago I wonder into the local thrift store and find on display a case of Rom chips with hand written lables. Um, okay right of the bat I noticed they was atari game names. So I asked the guy is that it or did it come with more. The guy said or it came with more (Like the rom connector and baord) But was thrown out. Oh the ironey of it. But when you get a bigger thrift store they seem to chuck the wrong stuff. Like a hp laserjet 4000 and or 4100 printer. But they keeped, drums, toner, and the extra paper tray. Grrrr. So anyway. I found the chips with case for 1.00 in the store. Not sure what happened for a month or so. MIA

The following titles is listed.

Air-Sea Battle

Baseball (sears)

combat (wtf would this be copied too)

football (atari)

indy 500 (atari)

Kaboom

othello (atari)

pong

freeway chicken (activiation)

code breaker II

ski (activision)

supermath (atari)

yars revenge

stampede (activision)

python race

outlaw (atari)

realsport or super? baseball

super break out (atari)

laser blast (activision)

football (atari)

black jack

space invaders (atari/sears)

E.T. (atari) WTF would somebody copy this? lol

pitfall (activision)

raiders lost ark (atari)

Target fun (sears)

Asteroids (atari)

pac-man (atari)

basket b

st. race (atari)

haunt house (atari)

sword quest earth world

warlords (atari)

ice hockey (activision)

boxing (activision)

? copter bomb shoot

defender (atari)

match

defender (atari)

advent

soccor pele (atrari)

Well there you have it. 30 year old pirarcy. LOL

Later,

Josh

Last Saturday was the only good day thrifting I've had in a while. I managed to pick up a few good items.

Super Mario Kart SNES: $2

Super Ghouls and Ghosts SNES: $2

Super Castlevania IV SNES: $2

Lemmings SNES: $2

Donkey Kong Country SNES: $.50

Star Fox CIB SNES: $5

Super Nintendo Mini with all hookups, two controllers, and Super Mario All-Stars: $20

Nintendo 64 with about 10 games, mostly sports titles, with all hookups and 3 controllers: $15

Sega Dreamcast with only AC adapter and two controllers: $5

Mario Bros./Duck Hunt NES: $1

Super Breakout 2600: $1

Original Genesis controller: $.50

I might have missed a few things, but that's beside the point. It was a great Saturday. =)

Had a few finds last night.

Revenge of Shinobi CIB Gen 2.50

Toejam and Earl CIB Gen 2.50

Sega Genesis Cleaning System NIB 3.00

NES Powerpad Manual Free

Hook NES 3.00

Wolverine NES 3.00

Super Monkey Ball NIB GC 5.00

Meet the Robinsons NIB PS2 5.00

In the mail from a ebay auction

Bonk's Revenge CIB TG-16 9.51 w/S&H

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Anyone use craigslist for finds? ALMOST got MEGA MAN X!!! for $8 but fucking car broke down :x

Sure, I picked up a cherry SNES with a bunch of decent games, all manuals, for only $35.00 a couple of weeks ago! I almost pulled the trigger on a PS2 slim with a pile of games for $125, but I've got way more than I can find time to play now.

Well, the yard sales were rained out today so I hit all the thrift stores instead.

Interact Ultra Racer 64 game controller for N64 $5.00

Dreamcast Controller with VMU $2.15

Vintage Parker Brother Bank Shot handheld electronic game from 1980 $.90

and I suppose my best find of the day

Nintendo NES Power Pad in perfect condition $3.99

Oh, I also got this at a yard sale before the rain, a wierd little battery operated machanical

Draw Poker game from 1971 with box and instructions. Thought it was worth $5.00

post-12780-1184449784_thumb.jpg

Edited by SRGilbert

Last weekend at Goodwill:

-2600 (vader) w/ 2 joysticks (one of which had a homemade autofire switch built into it) and paddles

-a huge pile of commons, which I passed

-Atari Cartridge Library with the ejector levers, full of commons and Slots (aka Slot Machine)

- 2 black joysticks

and...

-2 Heavy Sixer joysticks (no discs though, but in otherwise near-mint shape, with almost all the paint intact), for $2.99 each. :)

Oh, I also got this at a yard sale before the rain, a wierd little battery operated machanical

Is that thing made by a company in Waco (or perhaps called Waco)? I have a couple of Waco machines that kind of resemble that device. They're kind of neat old games - very interesting stuff going on inside.

Is that thing made by a company in Waco (or perhaps called Waco)? I have a couple of Waco machines that kind of resemble that device. They're kind of neat old games - very interesting stuff going on inside.

As a matter of fact it is! It is neat, but really LOUD. :)

Found today at Irving GW:

NES $0.99 each (these have gone up $0.40 each since the last time I was there)

Captain Planet and the Planeteers

NFL Football

Top Gun

$1.99 each

Super NES Adapter

Generic 9VAC adapter (will work w/NES)

At the Salvation Army:

Boxed Saturn $27.99 (passed)

Solderless breadboard $0.99

Nothing really special, but it feels good when you find something at least.

It's a bit high, but I'd have jumped on that Saturn. I think that I've only ever seen 4 Saturns in the wild, three of which I picked up (one was some kind of insane cash, and one is sorta broken...). There are some swell Saturn games out there. I've been playing Playstation lately (I just got a pile of cheap games recently - never played the system when it was out), and I seem to recall the Saturn's graphics being a little bit better? Then again, some of the last Playstation games were looking pretty good.

It's a bit high, but I'd have jumped on that Saturn. I think that I've only ever seen 4 Saturns in the wild, three of which I picked up (one was some kind of insane cash, and one is sorta broken...). There are some swell Saturn games out there. I've been playing Playstation lately (I just got a pile of cheap games recently - never played the system when it was out), and I seem to recall the Saturn's graphics being a little bit better? Then again, some of the last Playstation games were looking pretty good.

Well, I probably would've picked it up, but I've already got three of them. All purchased loose for around $5-$8 each in the wild. Although I still don't have the proper hookups for audio/video, I've been using a hacked cable that seems to fit. In fact I'm listening to Guns N' Roses Lies on one right now watching the little starship fly around the screen.

I may take pity on it, however, and go back and buy it. At least it has a proper hook-up cable and another controller for my collection. Not to mention the box, even though its a bit beaten up.

This would probably be my fourth as well, the first three I bought.

My best find ever was yesterday at the goodwill under two other random keyboards,

Tandy Color Computer 3(CoCo3)-$7.50

and then I picked up 2 SNES games for $3 each, both with manual,

MechWarrior 3050

Choplifter III.

Well, I went to the Flea Market today and got some good finds...figured i'd share em with you all.

Atari 2600

(all are cart only)

Pac-Man

Circus Atari

8 Tele-Games: Baseball

Missile Command

Fishing Derby

Warlords

Football

Basketball

Bowling

Asteroids

Yars Revenge

Space Invaders

ET

Atari 5200:

(all are cart only)

Frogger

Dig Dug

River Raid

Pole Position

Centipede

Super Breakout

Pac-Man

Galaxian

Missile Command

Colecovision:

Donkey Kong- Cart Only

Game Gear

Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story

Sega 32X:

(all are complete)

Virtua Racing Delux

Star Wars Arcade

Sega Genesis

(all are complete unless otherwise noted)

NBA Jam

NBA Jam

Onslaught

Urban Strike

Universal Soldier-(photocopied manual)

Sega MasterSystem

(all have boxes but no manual)

Alien Syndrome

Rocky

Hang On/Astro Warrior the Combo Cartridge

The Ninja

Ghostbusters-(box only no cart)

I got all of that for a total of about $40

Picked up a few games this weekend. Got a couple of PSX games: Rugrats and 007 Tommorow Never Dies for $2 each. Picked up a few PC games like Hearts of Iron 1936-1948 (a WWII sim). Also got an original Gameboy, 2 carts, and a charger for mere pocket change. Here's a pic of a recent handheld that I got at a yard sale for $2. (check out the soda stickers !)

I also received some excellent Vectrex games from jboypacman. Thanks for a great trade! :)

IMG_2570.jpg