IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

went to a couple goodwills this morning and found:

river raid for 2600(cart only)$2.00

m.a.s.h for 2600(cart only)$2.00

spiderman for 2600(cart only)$2.00

sega genesis model 1 system, w/ model 1 sega cd with rf switch:$10.00(my friend grabbed that)

pantera vulgar display of power cd(unopened)$2.00

Found a few thing's I'd been looking for last night.

Uninvited NES 4.00 <~I've been looking for this for a long time.

Mechanized Attack NES 4.00

Sega Genesis Model 2 Box with all internal cardboard Free

Genesis Model 2 Manual Free

Sonic 2 Manual Free

Jurrasic Park Poster Free

The box and insert's where sitting in the trash when I arrived at the store. They said they didn't have room to display the system in a box so they chucked it. They happily gave it to me, and I informed them that if they had anything else like that to just throw it back for me.

Picked up the following at goodwill yesterday

PS1 Echo Night, complete, $1.99

Madcatz steering wheel controller, for PS2, Cube, and Xbox, $4.99

Lava Lamp *for gameroom* new, $3.99

Not a bad haul....

man,nice find on the echo night.if ya want to sell it,let me know.

Also ran across a Salvation Army store on Rt 1 outside of Boston. Every jewel case for a video game had been stripped clean (except for the usual copy of Myst or Riven, no one even steals them!) of the videogame goodness inside.

I was quite bummed to see a mint case and instructions for Starlancer for the DC, but no game.....

What kind of serious a-hole steals from the Salvation Army?

One Goodwill had 2 complete boxed...

Guitar Hero II for XBox 360

$49.99 each.

I seems to remember they were in high demand and were very hard to find last winter and now they are appearing in Goodwill already?? I'd bet my rarest 2600 game those 2 boxed set were actually store display model that other store (likely Target) used then packed and donated it for tax write off.

hey guys this has been a good week for me

a total of 18 snes games for 6 bucks from 2 different people

1. joe and mac <--- 6 bucks from a customer (since i work for wamu i always ask guys if they

2.castlevania 4 old systems and games

3.hyperzone

4.mario world

5.power rangers

6.final fight

now for the free ones from another customer

1.yoshi cookies!!!!

2.super mario kart!!!!

3.mario paint

4.aladdin

5.lion king 2x

6.toy story

7.wcw wrestling

8. top gear (what a great week this has been for me )

9. f-zero

hey guys this has been a good week for me

a total of 18 snes games for 6 bucks from 2 different people

1. joe and mac <--- 6 bucks from a customer (since i work for wamu i always ask guys if they

2.castlevania 4 old systems and games

3.hyperzone

4.mario world

5.power rangers

6.final fight

now for the free ones from another customer

1.yoshi cookies!!!!

2.super mario kart!!!!

3.mario paint

4.aladdin

5.lion king 2x

6.toy story

7.wcw wrestling

8. top gear (what a great week this has been for me ) :cool:

9. f-zero

Had a goodnight for finds.

North and South NES 3.00 :D

Frogger GBC 3.00

Rocket Power Gettin'Air GBC 3.00

Tetris DX GBC 3.00

Judge Dredd w/box SNES 3.00

Bongo's GC 2.50

Jurassic Park Rampage Edition CIB Gen 3.00

Vectorman 2 CIB Gen 3.00

RF Hook-up PS1 .29

Edited by Ghost Soldier

I reeled in a nice one today :)

8 NES games, including Donkey Kong Classics and Remote Control, $24.

1 Vader, boxed

1 Sears 4 switch, boxed with manual, but the box has been torn about an in inch down completely around, flaps missing (but I needed that model, down to 2 different models now :))

2 4 switch atari's

50 or so games, including a beveled cased Entombed, mispelled pole position, and a 1988 Homerun.

Lots of controllers, including two spectravision controllers, that has the side and top fire buttons.

All for $40.

Last week I got:

N64 controller $2 (The cord was kinda severed but repaired it. The analog control was nice and firm though.)

N64 controller $3 firm analog joystick. Both were different days but at the same store.

Today I got:

SNES system, 2 controllers, Power supply, RF switch, A/V cables (still in original bag), Owner's manual, and 4 Games for $21. I had a 25% off birthday coupon I finally got to use.

Then went back and got a few more games. The games were only $2 apiece, but mostly shitty sports games. A few ok ones though.

Super bases loaded

Olympic summer games

Wing Commander

NHLPA Hockey 93

Cliffhanger

Air strike patrol

Super Tennis

Final Fight

Black bass.

Most had manuals, all had the plastic protector.

Two weekends in a row!

After last week's Atari 2600 find, this weekend scored a whole box full of goodies.

When the smoke cleared, I had an NES with 14 games, a Game Gear with Master System adapter, 2 GG games and 9 SMS games, Game Genies for both the NES and SNES, and a couple of other random things... all for less than $20.

As cheap as that was, I was actually doing the thrift store staff a favor, as the box had a few other extra bonuses in the form of bugs and bug poop. Not exactly a pleasant experience, but with a good amount of soap, water and rubbing alcohol later, most of the stuff is running as good as new, and I got NES Ghostbusters and Mega Man 6 to add to my collection.

Here's hoping the streak continues next weekend.

Two weekends in a row!

After last week's Atari 2600 find, this weekend scored a whole box full of goodies.

When the smoke cleared, I had an NES with 14 games, a Game Gear with Master System adapter, 2 GG games and 9 SMS games, Game Genies for both the NES and SNES, and a couple of other random things... all for less than $20.

As cheap as that was, I was actually doing the thrift store staff a favor, as the box had a few other extra bonuses in the form of bugs and bug poop. Not exactly a pleasant experience, but with a good amount of soap, water and rubbing alcohol later, most of the stuff is running as good as new, and I got NES Ghostbusters and Mega Man 6 to add to my collection.

Here's hoping the streak continues next weekend.

Man, you are so lucky! This weekend, I hit several thrift stores, a couple dozen yard sales, and a monthly flea market and found ZILCH! :x

went to a few goodwills this morning and got:

expendable for sega dreamcast(complete)$2

airforce delta for sega dreamcast(complete)$2

688 attack sub for sega genesis(complete)75 cents

nintendo ds power plug(1st party)$1

Geez, you must not have found that stuff at the Jackson St. Goodwill - they want $20 for a Dreamcast with no cords! And don't even get me started on the Transformer comics they have in their glass case - I thought that the stack of them was priced at $50 - it turns out that's just how much the one ON TOP was marked for...

Not only that, but the sign above their CDs says "CDs priced as marked" - and none are priced. I would be okay with this if they would just sell any disc that isn't marked for $2, but if it is a game, you just get surprised up at the register. It all depends on who is ringing it up. :x

Went to the one out on Ireland Rd in South Bend and picked up Space Invaders for the 5200 and a N64 controller for $2 apiece, though. :)

Edited by atariman

Geez, you must not have found that stuff at the Jackson St. Goodwill - they want $20 for a Dreamcast with no cords! And don't even get me started on the Transformer comics they have in their glass case - I thought that the stack of them was priced at $50 - it turns out that's just how much the one ON TOP was marked for...

Not only that, but the sign above their CDs says "CDs priced as marked" - and none are priced. I would be okay with this if they would just sell any disc that isn't marked for $2, but if it is a game, you just get surprised up at the register. It all depends on who is ringing it up. :x

Went to the one out on Ireland Rd in South Bend and picked up Space Invaders for the 5200 and a N64 controller for $2 apiece, though. :)

i never get to the goodwills in south bend anymore,i just never have the time(i would really like to go to the big one on westren ave again)i usually hit the ones here in elkhart to/ from work every couple days.actually,i did get the dreamcast games from the jackson st goodwill.there is one woman cashier(mid 30's,blond hair)that if i take any cd game to the register and its not priced,she always charges $2.i avoid the younger girls as they always seem to "make up"a price,and its usually a high price.yeah,that loose dreamcast has been everywhere in that store.i seen it sitting in the toy area,no price,so i ask and they told me $30 :roll: i guess since then it has been sitting in the case.that jackson st goodwill is funny,there pricing(or lack of) is crazy.but i do find good stuff sometimes. nice finds at the sb goodwill.i hardly ever see 5200 stuff at goodwills anymore. Edited by wccw mark

Couple things:

NES

Bible Adventures - $1

Trick Shooting - $1

Wrestlemania $1

PS2 controller, blue - $1

GC controller, blk - $1

psone unit (no AC cord or video hookup) - $8

Space Invaders plug & play (sealed) - $4

On two weeks this is my third PSone that I've found for under $10. I wonder where they're all coming from all of a sudden?

i never get to the goodwills in south bend anymore,i just never have the time(i would really like to go to the big one on westren ave again)i usually hit the ones here in elkhart to/ from work every couple days.actually,i did get the dreamcast games from the jackson st goodwill.there is one woman cashier(mid 30's,blond hair)that if i take any cd game to the register and its not priced,she always charges $2.i avoid the younger girls as they always seem to "make up"a price,and its usually a high price.yeah,that loose dreamcast has been everywhere in that store.i seen it sitting in the toy area,no price,so i ask and they told me $30 :roll: i guess since then it has been sitting in the case.that jackson st goodwill is funny,there pricing(or lack of) is crazy.but i do find good stuff sometimes. nice finds at the sb goodwill.i hardly ever see 5200 stuff at goodwills anymore.

Of course, after I posted that, I wound up going to the Ireland Rd., Grape, and Concord Mall-area goodwills - the one around concord mall had a Need For Speed Sega Saturn case that had three games in it (none particularly exciting - VF2, some football game, and something else - none of them were NFS) and was marked for $2. I figured I'd go ahead and pick it up since my previous NFS case was obliterated in 2002 by my idiot roommate (CD was still okay).

I brought it up to the cash register where the woman proceeded to look at the case, asks me if it is a game, and then walks over to the phone to see if she could up the price! So now it isn't even safe to assume that the sticker price is what you'll be charged - it may just be a ploy! :twisted: Elkhart Goodwilling just isn't what it used to be...