IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

found today at goodwill:

final fantasy 8(complete)$4

super mario bros 2(cart only)$2

daggerfall the elder scrolls chapter 2 for pc(complete)$2

sony playstation system model scph 1001(system only)$2.50(half off today on wares,electronics is considered wares,but games are not)

Edited by wccw mark

Well, I really can't take credit for this find (as it is something that my father brought home), but he picked up an Intellivision for me for $2. Look at the picture and see if you can figure out why I was excited to see it (besides that fact that I needed something besides my Intellivision 2)

post-1161-1187198616_thumb.jpg

My first thought was "Sylvania?!... and GTE?!" and I did a little research online. It's a harder-to-find version of the Intellivision that was produced by Sylvania and GTE that is pretty much identical to the standard versions (from what I've read so far).

Anybody else have one of these?

Well, I really can't take credit for this find (as it is something that my father brought home), but he picked up an Intellivision for me for $2. Look at the picture and see if you can figure out why I was excited to see it (besides that fact that I needed something besides my Intellivision 2)

My first thought was "Sylvania?!... and GTE?!" and I did a little research online. It's a harder-to-find version of the Intellivision that was produced by Sylvania and GTE that is pretty much identical to the standard versions (from what I've read so far).

I want an intellivoice!!! :_(

Lucky SOB! ;)

very nice.awesome find.for $2,that couldnt have been found at any elkhart goodwill.so did your father find it somewhere in elkhart?

Edited by wccw mark

very nice.awesome find.for $2,that couldnt have been found at any elkhart goodwill.so did your father find it somewhere in elkhart?

Nope, not Goodwill. (You and I both know how they price stuff) It's just a place that he helps out at once a week. Every so often somebody brings in something interesting for sale and he picks it up. He has also gotten me a box of intellivision games and a couple other things in the past. (and yeah, it is in Elkhart)

I want an intellivoice!!! :_(

Lucky SOB! ;)

I think that I have a spare somewhere. If I come across it, I'll let you know!

Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention - I went to the Jackson St. Goodwill and finally found a couple Genesis games (MK3 Ultimate Edition (or something like that) and Williams Arcade Greatest Hits) - Finally a couple carts at the Elkhart area Goodwills that I got to before you did! :P

(no worries, though :) I'm glad an Atariage member is getting that stuff)

Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention - I went to the Jackson St. Goodwill and finally found a couple Genesis games (MK3 Ultimate Edition (or something like that) and Williams Arcade Greatest Hits) - Finally a couple carts at the Elkhart area Goodwills that I got to before you did! :P

(no worries, though :) I'm glad an Atariage member is getting that stuff)

haha.yeah,ya beat me to em :)!! im also glad a fellow atariage member found em if i didnt.i actually havent hit the jackson st goodwill this week.mostly hitting the concord store on my way to/from work.there was still a few good nes games left worth mentioning at the concord store that i didnt pick up today.punchout,rc pro-am,battleship,operation wolf,smb.$2 each. plus a few sports games,and of course the usual sports genesis games they have had forever.also they had 2 n64 controllers(poor condition)and a few genny controllers(i already have plenty of those)dont know if your intrested in any of those. Edited by wccw mark

Found a box of Atari computer floppies sitting on the floor at a local thrift coming back from lunch today. Looked around for the computer and anything else related but no such luck. I almost didn’t pick them up because I figured they were the typical pc disks that inhabit so many of these establishments. Nicely organized in a tinted storage case and Mule was poking up.

Someone really loved the old Infocom games apparently. After today’s find I now have 3 Archon disks…heh. Just wish they had kept the original EA "albums" and Infocom boxes. I think those filing cases were the worst thing to ever come along as they almost beg the owner to throw the boxes away.

Case of floppies and 30 disks: $3.24

post-2015-1187222092_thumb.jpg

Found a box of Atari computer floppies sitting on the floor at a local thrift coming back from lunch today. Looked around for the computer and anything else related but no such luck. I almost didn’t pick them up because I figured they were the typical pc disks that inhabit so many of these establishments. Nicely organized in a tinted storage case and Mule was poking up.

Someone really loved the old Infocom games apparently. After today’s find I now have 3 Archon disks…heh. Just wish they had kept the original EA "albums" and Infocom boxes. I think those filing cases were the worst thing to ever come along as they almost beg the owner to throw the boxes away.

Hey! Not bad!

Hey! Not bad!

Thanks! Good thrift finds around here have become almost non-existent. Of course, I don't make the rounds nearly as much as I used to and yesterday was more "for old times sake" than anything else. :)

Goodwills on the road today:

PSOne with power supply, A/V cables, and junky 3rd party controller - $15.00

Dark Spirit for TurboGrafx 16 - $1.99

Bubsy for Genesis - $2.00

GameXChange:

6 Atari games (nothing really noteworthy, but I finally have Impossible Mission for the 7800! :) ) - $10

NIB Four Score NES adapter - $2.95

All in all a pretty good day! :)

GameXChange:

6 Atari games (nothing really noteworthy, but I finally have Impossible Mission for the 7800! :) ) - $10

nice!!! man,you even found a tg-16 game at goodwill.i rarely ever find tg-16 games at goodwill.also,is this gamexchange near elkhart by chance?

GameXChange:

nice!!! man,you even found a tg-16 game at goodwill.i rarely ever find tg-16 games at goodwill.also,is this gamexchange near elkhart by chance?

Nope - the GameXChange is in Kokomo (and it is no way affiliated with VGE). Yeah, I was browsing through the CDs (in Carmel) thinking about how the prices are way too high on most of the stuff ($20 for a PSX with NO cords or anything) when I saw the tell-tale colored stripe going across the top of the end of the TG16 game and did a double-take, picked it up, and decided I could part with my $2 :)

The most surprising Elkhart GW find would probably have to be the boxed Neo Geo Pocket Color game I found awhile back (Samurai Showdown 2). I don't think I ever asked to see something in the glass case so fast.

Edited by atariman

Who would've thought that a trip to the outskirts of the Orlando/Disney area would've turned up a good haul. Here's what I got at each GoodWill I stopped at.

Kissimmee: Saitek X-45 loose (stick AND throttle) for $9.99, Quake and Duke Nukem 3D Platinum Pack for $3.99 each.

St. Cloud: M-Audio eVolution MK-249C USB/MIDI keyboard controller (and it works!) for $14.99

I scored well today. Now I have a joystick I can use for MechWarrior.