IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Haven't had much time lately but I managed to get in a couple of thrift stores tonight. Found (and passed on) a Dreamcast with a Sega controller and an off brand controller,no VMU's, no AV cable, no power cord, and a football game inside for $10.00. If I didn't already have one, I might have picked it up.

Found something else kinda cool and computer game related though at the Salve. A wierd old game from Electronic Data Controls Corporation called "Computer Sports Games: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer" dated 1972.

pic58247_md.jpg

This pic isn't mine, but it's the exact same game, even the box wear is very similar.

pic58249_md.jpg

Seems to have everything it's supposed to, even the manual. I thought it was pretty neat for $2.15!

Found something else kinda cool and computer game related though at the Salve. A wierd old game from Electronic Data Controls Corporation called "Computer Sports Games: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer" dated 1972.

But... Does it WORK? :) That thing looks very interesting and I wonder just how much play value it has in it. Have you tried it out?

Goodwills on the road today:

PSOne with power supply, A/V cables, and junky 3rd party controller - $15.00

Dark Spirit for TurboGrafx 16 - $1.99

Bubsy for Genesis - $2.00

GameXChange:

6 Atari games (nothing really noteworthy, but I finally have Impossible Mission for the 7800! :) ) - $10

NIB Four Score NES adapter - $2.95

All in all a pretty good day! :)

nice!!! man,you even found a tg-16 game at goodwill.i rarely ever find tg-16 games at goodwill.also,is this gamexchange near elkhart by chance?

Nope - the GameXChange is in Kokomo (and it is no way affiliated with VGE). Yeah, I was browsing through the CDs (in Carmel) thinking about how the prices are way too high on most of the stuff ($20 for a PSX with NO cords or anything) when I saw the tell-tale colored stripe going across the top of the end of the TG16 game and did a double-take, picked it up, and decided I could part with my $2 :)

The most surprising Elkhart GW find would probably have to be the boxed Neo Geo Pocket Color game I found awhile back (Samurai Showdown 2). I don't think I ever asked to see something in the glass case so fast.

cool.im a big fan of the ngpc system.i have never found any games for it at any thrift though.

But... Does it WORK? :) That thing looks very interesting and I wonder just how much play value it has in it. Have you tried it out?

Well, the little light bulbs light up, so I guess that mean it's working! To be honest, I have no idea how the thing is supposed to work yet, but it does have the manual, so I'll have to give it a try. If nothing else, I'll hang it on the wall in my game room! :)

Had a great weekend for finds.

Super Truck's Racing CIB PS2 2.00

Wipeout Fusion CIB PS2 6.00

T.J. Lavins Ultimate BMX CIB PS1 .50

Road Rash 3-D CIB PS1 1.00

Rascal Demo NIB PS1 .10

Namco Demo CD NIB PS1 .10

PS2 Mad Catz Controller 1.99

2x Sega Genesis Six-Button Controller's 1.99

Sega Gt 2002/Jet Set Radio Future CIB X-Box 5.00

Pokemon Silver GB .25

Final Fantasy 1&2 GBA 12.00

Spiderman/X-men Arcade Revenge SNES 2.99

Diddy Kong Racing N64 3.00

Nintendo Carrying Case 1.00

Car Racing Handheld .10

Kaboom Handheld .10

Mattel Classic Baseball Handheld .10

Ninja Gaiden II Handheld .99

Wii Wnedy's Toy .10

Casper CIB PC .10

Oregon Trail II CIB PC .10

Sega Smash Pack 1&2 CIB PC .10

15 Pack of DVD-R's .10

Rally IV System .10

The best find of the weekend

4x Atari 2600 Woody's

1 Light Sixer

1 Vader

All for $10.00

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Hit some Wisconsin thrifts over the weekend along with my usual Chicago haunts:

NES Mission Impossible (orig series) - $1.50

NES Blades of Steel + box - $1.50

NES Batman - $1

NES Baseball Simulator - $1

32X Shadow Squadron - $1

32X Kolibri - $1.99 (been looking for this for ages!)

N64 Lode Runner 3D - $2

N64 Robotron 64 - $2

PS Dragonball Z fighting stick - $2.50

PS PO'ed - $1

PS Project Overkill - $1.50

PS Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas (sealed) - $1.50

Edited by gulag picture radio

Well, I'll probably give it to a friend of mine, but I found a complete in box Commodore 128 with the external floppy drive, and a big box of floppy discs at a yard sale for $1.00!

At another yard sale I picked up Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation for Dreamcast for $1.00, except I didn't notice that it was PAL until I got home!

Thrift store find, a Naki GameSaver+ for the SNES. Wierd thing that plugs into the cart slot, then you plug your game into it. It's supposed to save your position in memory, but I haven't tried it yet. Thought it was neat, and only $5.00.

gamesaver_box.jpg

Thrift store find, a Naki GameSaver+ for the SNES. Wierd thing that plugs into the cart slot, then you plug your game into it. It's supposed to save your position in memory, but I haven't tried it yet. Thought it was neat, and only $5.00.

I found one of those GameSaver+ devices awhile back, too. And, like you, I have yet to actually use it. :) I put batteries into it, flipped the switch, saw that the LED lit up, and didn't bother doing much else with it.

Nifty device, though. Kind of like a save state for an emulator (for those who aren't familiar with the device)

What's up everyone! This could quite possibly be my first post. See I've been into collecting for the 2600 for a few years now, on and off because of college, but now that that's done, I have some extra time (and money) to dedicate to my collection. Anyways, just wanted to share a great thrift find story real fast. A few weeks ago I was at the only local game store around which sells 2600 stuff. On the shelf I spotted a Swordquest: Waterworld mixed in with the rest. It was in great shape so I took it up to the counter and asked the guy how much he wanted... $5. I handed the man the money and left with a smile. To boot, it actually works! So, there ya go. Anyways, I'm going to try to get on here more often, talk to you all later.

What's up everyone! This could quite possibly be my first post. See I've been into collecting for the 2600 for a few years now, on and off because of college, but now that that's done, I have some extra time (and money) to dedicate to my collection. Anyways, just wanted to share a great thrift find story real fast. A few weeks ago I was at the only local game store around which sells 2600 stuff. On the shelf I spotted a Swordquest: Waterworld mixed in with the rest. It was in great shape so I took it up to the counter and asked the guy how much he wanted... $5. I handed the man the money and left with a smile. To boot, it actually works! So, there ya go. Anyways, I'm going to try to get on here more often, talk to you all later.

geez! That is a pretty sweet find!

Another Goodwill find

Super Mario 64

Bio-Freaks

Quake II

Shadows of the Empire

$3.99 apiece

They also had a very nice boxed N64, but at $19.99, too rich for me....

I left South Park and Shadowman (?)

They also had Halo 2 for $9.99, but didn't want to bring that home since my wife thinks thats the most violent game ever made (her friend told her that....).

I haven't shown her Resident Evil 4 :D

I haven't had too many good finds in the past few weeks, but I did have a job find me. :roll: (it's doing embedded systems stuff too, which is what I want to be doing)

I did find a PSP Loco Roco in the $10 bin of the Best Buy checkout aisle. Dunno what it was doing there (with the all proper "$9.99" overstickers) when everybody else is selling it for $30+.

I also managed to find a whole bunch of Heroscape hex tiles for a couple of bucks at the Goodwill salvage, and the box/instructions/everything-but-the-discs to Curse of the Azure Bonds. (C64/128 version sticker on the box)

We should just rename this forum "Ghost Soldiers Lair"

You are a damn bargainfindin'-bloodhound-machine....ya that's it.

Thanks, I have a very supportive wife who loves thrifting as much as I do. We tend to go out on weekend's and wednesday's and have good luck. Hopefully the other indiana native's will stay in northern and southern indiana away from my booty.

Thanks, I have a very supportive wife who loves thrifting as much as I do. We tend to go out on weekend's and wednesday's and have good luck. Hopefully the other indiana native's will stay in northern and southern indiana away from my booty.

Well, I have Northern Indiana to share with wccw mark and Central Indiana most of the rest of the time, so I won't be on your turf! :)

EDIT: just read your post again - I see that you must be in central Indiana - looks like you might have a tiny bit of competition :) (but not much - I'm just a poor college grad at the moment)

Edited by atariman

Well, I have Northern Indiana to share with wccw mark and Central Indiana most of the rest of the time, so I won't be on your turf! :)

EDIT: just read your post again - I see that you must be in central Indiana - looks like you might have a tiny bit of competition :) (but not much - I'm just a poor college grad at the moment)

You're lucky to have a wife who likes to thrift and collect. My wife only tolerates my videogame collecting. Thrifts are only somewhat tolerated, and I can rarely go to a yard sale. Once my kids are older and can fathom the idea of not buying something at every stop, I'll be able to go a bit easier.

My wife did build my game room though......so that's pretty cool.

I hail from the Terre Haute area. What area of central are you from ? I take a few trips up to the Plainfield Goodwills every now and then. That's about as far north as I go.

Edited by Ghost Soldier

I hail from the Terre Haute area. What area of central are you from ? I take a few trips up to the Plainfield Goodwills every now and then. That's about as far north as I go.

cool,sounds like atariage has most of the thifts covered thru out all of indiana.i found today at a few goodwills:

duke nukem ii for pc(complete)$2

race america for nes(cart only)$2

bee 52 for nes(cart only)$2

wcw backstage assult for n64(complete)$2

Hey awesome topic :D Anyway, I most recently got a box of about 20 old SNES games including Super Mario RPG, Legend of Zelda, and FF2 for 20 bucks. Not bad considering I've seen the Super mario game itself go for like 20-40 bucks on ebay! Glad I waited a little while to pick it up.

2nd week finding something of interest…picked up all 10 discs for $10.00. No cases, manuals, etc. Left the player (R.E.A.L. FZ-10) because I already have one and this place sizes you up before figuring out a price to charge. I was on a lunch break and didn’t look too homeless, and if the lady figured I could afford 1.00 for each game and I wasn’t too interested in finding out what she wanted for the console.

post-2015-1187969081_thumb.jpg

2nd week finding something of interest…picked up all 10 discs for $10.00. No cases, manuals, etc. Left the player (R.E.A.L. FZ-10) because I already have one and this place sizes you up before figuring out a price to charge. I was on a lunch break and didn’t look too homeless, and if the lady figured I could afford 1.00 for each game and I wasn’t too interested in finding out what she wanted for the console.

Awesome 3do find.