IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

awesome ghost soldier let me know what games u find so i may reimburse you for it

if it's cool with u dawg on the dreamcast games :)

Drop me a PM of what your looking for and if I come across it I'll let you know. Last night I traded some of my dupe's into my local game shop. They have a 2 for 1 deal. ie trade 2 genesis games for 1 genesis game from the store. So I picked up the following.

Out Run 2006 CIB PS2 8.00

Kuon CIB PS2

Wolf Child SNES

Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends SNES

Deadly Towers NES

Phantom Fighter NES

found yesterday at several goodwills

all 2600 games were 75 cents each

warlords

barnstorming

reactor

pole position

omega race

circus atari

centipede

raiders of the lost ark

super breakout

sigma star saga for gba(complete)$4

capcom classics mini mix for gba(brand new,sealed)$4

the bards tale for xbox(game disc and box)$4

regie jackson baseball for sms(complete,blue label)$2

michael jackson moonwalker for sms(complete)$2

3 metal containers full of tinkertoys(for my kids)$1 each

best of the wwf vol 19 vhs tape:$1.50

wrestlemania 2 vhs tape w/clam shell case:$1.50

wwf wrestlefest 1992:$1.50

wcw beach blast 1992 vhs tape:$1.50

Big haul for me - and electrnoics were all half off at one of my favorite thrifts!

PSX - $1 ea.

Tobal No. 1

Tekken 2

Tekken 3

N64 - $1.25 ea.

Shadows of the Empire

Mission Impossible

Extreme G2

Pokemon Puzzle League

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

NFL Quarterback Club

San Francisco Rush

Genesis - .75 ea.

Sonic

Road Rash II

King's Bounty

Coleco Gemini + foam, Y adapter, warranty, 4x games - $2

Genesis 2 system boxed - $2

NES Power Pad boxed - $1

N64 Wireless Controllers - $1.50

The Residents - Gingerbread Man multimedia CD (good thing I found that iMac for $15!)

I really like this thrifting thing.

Goodwill today (Salvation Army is closed on Sunday :))

All loose,

2600, $1/ea

Circus Atari

Pac-Man (didn't have it yet)

I left behind three Combats, three Missile Commands, a Space Invaders and a Kaboom

7800, $1/ea (I don't have a 7800, but I figured it was better to grab these with the hope that either I'd find myself one someday, or someone here would want them)

One-On-One Basketball

Food Fight

Title Match Pro Wrestling

Asteroids

Hat Trick

Touchdown Football

NES Advantage stick, $4

NES Cleaning Kit, $1.39

I'm pretty happy with it all. Anyone need these 7800 games? Apparently Title Match is worth something.

Edited by MFoolsRun

Man, I had some kinda day yesterday.

Neighborhood garage sale:

15" flat screen, HP, $10! Works; I am going to wall mount it next to my desk as the monitor for my iTunes machine/jukebox. Just took the stand off of it and got back from the hardware store where I bought some brackets to mount it with. (They cost me almost as much as the monitor!)

Old travel trunk, with destination stickers/rail freight stuff on it. $10. It's awesome.

Goodwill on the way home:

Nice Complete TurboGrafx15 games--these are up for sale/trade, as I sold my system :(:

Bonk's Adventure

Bonk's Revenge

Kith Courage Alpha Zones

Final Zone II

J.J. and Jeff

Ys Book I and II

Pac-Land

The Addams Family

$15 total

Just one more stop... Sal Army:

14 7800 games at $1 each. I even bought the common ones, but Title Match was in this lot as well. (Looks like a trend!)

15" flat screen, HP, $10! Works;

wow.. someone was actually dumping a LCD monitor for $10?

and it's fully functional?

friggen amazing find.. IMHO.. looks like the flood gate is open though..

My hard drive crashed last night, and my maintence man came through with a brand new to me 80gig WD drive..

in the meen time.. I got the sunday paper to check the bill adds..

apperntly, I can get a 300 gig maxtor drive for $70, but what was amazing to me was a 32" generic flat screen monitor for $299.

if it wasn't for the two 24" side by side CRT's I allready have.. I might want to take up that deal..

However.. I think this Xmas season is going to be amazing for the HDTV deals..

I really like this thrifting thing.

Goodwill today (Salvation Army is closed on Sunday :))

All loose,

2600, $1/ea

Circus Atari

Pac-Man (didn't have it yet)

I left behind three Combats, three Missile Commands, a Space Invaders and a Kaboom

7800, $1/ea (I don't have a 7800, but I figured it was better to grab these with the hope that either I'd find myself one someday, or someone here would want them)

One-On-One Basketball

Food Fight

Title Match Pro Wrestling

Asteroids

Hat Trick

Touchdown Football

NES Advantage stick, $4

NES Cleaning Kit, $1.39

I'm pretty happy with it all. Anyone need these 7800 games? Apparently Title Match is worth something.

im intrested in all of those 7800 games except title match.pm sent to you.

Its been awhile since I posted here, but here goes, from a Goodwill finding today:

Super Mario All-Stars, SNES $3.99

Rad Racer, NES $1.99

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet $1.99

Legend of Zelda gold cart NES, $1.99

Shooter: Starfighter Sanvein for PS1, complete, unused it appears, $1.49

Complete Super NES, $9.99

All are available too.....

I thought it was amazing too! It ranks right up there in my all-time best finds and also great because I've been looking for one. Here's a picture of it hanging on the wall. My girlfriend was like "why do you need a monitor on the wall?!" right up until I put a pretty slideshow with pictures of her on it as the screensaver. In this pic, I am installing Kubuntu:

post-6271-1191862602_thumb.jpg

I gotta say, I am also pretty proud of the little shelf it is sitting on. A couple of corner brackets, cheap wood with a balsa strip on the front to hold in place, bingo: I got my own little wall setup. Might be good for playing some emulators on, too...main thing is that it is not sitting on my desk taking up room.

15" flat screen, HP, $10! Works;

wow.. someone was actually dumping a LCD monitor for $10?

and it's fully functional?

friggen amazing find.. IMHO.. looks like the flood gate is open though..

My hard drive crashed last night, and my maintence man came through with a brand new to me 80gig WD drive..

in the meen time.. I got the sunday paper to check the bill adds..

apperntly, I can get a 300 gig maxtor drive for $70, but what was amazing to me was a 32" generic flat screen monitor for $299.

if it wasn't for the two 24" side by side CRT's I allready have.. I might want to take up that deal..

However.. I think this Xmas season is going to be amazing for the HDTV deals..

Well, alert the media, i ran across some reasonably priced video games at a thrift store this past weekend. A goodwill, no less! Of course they were only $2 because they were mistaken for CDs. And they're Japanese, so...i can't play 'em at the moment. But still. $2 games! At a Goodwill!

Porsche Challenge

XI [sai]

Iwatobi Penguin: Rocky & Hopper

I think this is the first time i've seen any Japanese Playstation games out and about. Odd.

The other day at the thrifts, I picked up a "Gamas 2000 Television Expansion System" -- it looks like some sort of angled Fresnel lens assembly that fits over the screen of a 13" TV, and projects its image. Only $4. (I couldn't find out anything about it on the Internet...)

Also picked up a third-party SNES turbo-fire controller, which looks like it was made from a Genesis 6-button mold... it has extra L and R buttons, where the Z and C buttons would have been. My guess is that it was made for fighting games. $2.

From a video store going out of business, I picked up a bunch of CIB N64 games -- such as Aero Fighters Assault, California Speed, Chopper Attack, Mission Impossible, F-1 World Grand Prix... $2 each. Good price, though they're littered with rental stickers.......... :x

Edited by DrLove0378

went by my favorite thrift today because I know I can always pick up a computer keyboard for a buck there, as I was in the market for one, I felt it appropriate.

So I picked up a Keyboard for a buck.. and of course perused the electronics, pretty slim pickings video game wise.. I suppose I could've picked up a copy of super Mario bros/duck hunt as I have neither game, But I also don't have a zapper, so I think it would've just annoyed me..

they had a N64 set up behind the counter for $35, and some mystery games I couldn't see on account they were stacked up in a pile.. behind the counter, against the wall..

considering the N64 I already own, I picked up for $20 at game stop... I once again had to pass..

so I stopped over by the LP's just to have a look..

GOLD!!!

well.. if you like tacky Music that is..

Hi-Fi recordings mostly, and from the Decca label.. Exotica mostly. I kinda held back because the sign said they were all a buck each, but when I got to the register, they went out for a quarter a pop.. but plenty of weird out there, and I just might take the long way home tomorrow after noon and raid the joint..

My favorite out of the bunch has got to be "Hi-Fi Accordion.. with Tommy Gumina" Its a great piece of solo accordion work, with a rhythm jazz ensemble backing him up..

Continental cocktail is kind of a concept piece.. where you take a musical journey through Europe via the music of the region..

Tradewinds romance, from Hawaii to Tahiti, is pretty much a straight up Exotica piece.. it's caveat is that it was "recorded in Honolulu by the south sea serenader's".

and thats great, but you still opened with "quiet village" :roll:

the only Dog of this pull in my opinion would be Alfred Apaka sings Hawaiian Wedding Song.

its fine.. just boring as hell..

seems a random Torch singer, he apparently died young, so he may have had a chance to have given Don Ho a run for his money.. I must do more research.

I would've scanned in the album covers but I would have to do a multiple pass on the machine, I had a hard drive crash Saturday night, and I haven't installed the the photo editing software yet for the stitching..

not bad really.. nothing outstanding, but it gets its point across and the music is just fine..

Well at Goodwill I picked up a complete Lego Racers, but that's not the big deal here. I also had a nice Freecycle score, though not videogame-related.

I picked up a 1965 (I think) Alamo Titan Mark 1 Bass Guitar with case, looks to be in decent and probably playable shape.

Also a complete 1983 Korg Poly-800 Synthesizer with original manual and synth. sounds cassettes, and also a case, power supply and headphones.

These were both free!

Well at Goodwill I picked up a complete Lego Racers, but that's not the big deal here. I also had a nice Freecycle score, though not videogame-related.

I picked up a 1965 (I think) Alamo Titan Mark 1 Bass Guitar with case, looks to be in decent and probably playable shape.

Also a complete 1983 Korg Poly-800 Synthesizer with original manual and synth. sounds cassettes, and also a case, power supply and headphones.

These were both free!

Sweet, got pics?