IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

A nice find for sure :) !

It's likely though that it has been picked through. With that number of carts I'd expect at least several ER's and possibly a run of rarities from a single software company. It's sort of an "odds" thing when you get into that many carts. I forget where it's posted, possibly one of the old RGVAC FAQ's, but someone once did a run down of how many ER's, R's, etc you could expect out of every 100 carts or so....(I can't remember the figures off hand :| )

Well, as Homer told Kent Brockman on "Smartline," "Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that." Without having actually seen whatever that person worked up, I am already skeptical about the math behind the determination.

Anyhow, the guy behind the counter said that these had come in from about 3 different people bringing in games for store credit (the store manager just combined all the 2600 games together - there were also two small stacks of 7800 and Intellivision carts) and that they had been sitting up for sale for 2 weeks with no takers. The day manager literally thanked me for buying the entire lot and getting it out of the store.

At this point in my collection, if I find 1 cart among 100 that I don't actually own, or have never seen before (i.e., label variant), I am rather pleased.

Everybody around here is dumping everything to buy the latest gen stuff. Just this year alone I've seen a major rise not only in Atari stuff but also NES, SNES, Genesis, and PS1 titles. At one of my thrifts, even PS2 games are starting to appear.

some good finds today at the thrifts:

a-train for psx(complete)$2

then a crapload of snes games at the sa:

super mario kart for snes(cart only)99 cents

final fantasy 2 for snes(cart only)99 cents

donkey kong country 3 for snes(cart only)99 cents

tetris 2 for snes(cart only)99 cents

aero the acrobat for snes(cart only)99 cents

frogger for snes(cart only)99 cents

super mario world 2 yoshi island for snes(cart only)99 cents

donkey kong county for snes(cart only)99 cents

super mario all stars for snes(cart only)99 cents

im very happy with todays finds.

Dude....

Sometimes I have a hard time believing your finds.

no reason to have a hard time beliving my finds,i find good stuff for cheap quite often.here is a pic of some of the snes games/a-train i found today

PICT0002-6.jpg

i have a shitty digital cam,so i dont take to many pics on the thrift find posts

I was just kidding about that, it was more of a jealousy comment. I never score big like you always do.

some good finds today at the thrifts:

a-train for psx(complete)$2

then a crapload of snes games at the sa:

super mario kart for snes(cart only)99 cents

final fantasy 2 for snes(cart only)99 cents

donkey kong country 3 for snes(cart only)99 cents

tetris 2 for snes(cart only)99 cents

aero the acrobat for snes(cart only)99 cents

frogger for snes(cart only)99 cents

super mario world 2 yoshi island for snes(cart only)99 cents

donkey kong county for snes(cart only)99 cents

super mario all stars for snes(cart only)99 cents

im very happy with todays finds.

Dude....

Sometimes I have a hard time believing your finds.

no reason to have a hard time beliving my finds,i find good stuff for cheap quite often.here is a pic of some of the snes games/a-train i found today

PICT0002-6.jpg

i have a shitty digital cam,so i dont take to many pics on the thrift find posts

I was just kidding about that, it was more of a jealousy comment. I never score big like you always do.

haha.yeah,i have been getting lucky with my finds lately.about 10 years ago,i was finding good game stuff like crazy at the thrifts.now,over the last 2-3 years,its been very hit &miss.i just have been very lucky over the last month or so.

This past weekend proved to be very lucrative for me! I have two pics of everything I manage to get. Basically I found some Laserdiscs and games I'd been looking for all for very good prices. All the stuff pictured was found over the course of this weekend between the Vintage Stocks in KC, and a GameXchange, Blockbuster, and Gamestop in St. Joseph MO.

sep_2007_finds1.jpg

Here is a second pic of just the games themselves. The two Intelly games are Bump N Jump and Loco-Motion. I didn't have Loco-motion yet so I was glad to pick this up. The Intelly games only ran me .50 cents each and were found at the GameXchange in St. Joe. All the 7800 games minus Scrapyard dog which I got at another store were also found at the GameXchange. Get this...the 7800 games were bundled together and were only $2 for the bundle. Yeap...that Mean 18 may not look mint...but it only cost me .40 cents!!! That is easily my best find for the year next to my factory sealed Secret of Evermore for the SNES I picked up 2 months ago for $14 here locally.

sep_2007_finds2.jpg

All in all...total cost of these finds for the weekend was just over $56. I think I did pretty well myself.

naw.. you just aint useing it right..

dig it.. you need a tripod... or anyway to hold the cam steady..

most any cam will have an infinate focus lens.. that infinity begins after four feet.. so so set up your cam four to five feet away from the object/group to be photoed.

next, if you can..set up a couple of floor lamps on either side of the object out of view of the camera.

for the camera itself. leave it on auto, but turn the flash off. set it for your maximum resolution..

now.. after you take the picture, dump it to your hard drive. and open it to your editor of choice. I use a hacked copy of PSP.. but y'know.. decrease the image size to something more reasonable for the intertubes. say.. aspect ratio for 6"width

here's an example of this technique in action, for another site , yes.. I am a thumb pilot :D

post-1956-1191217794_thumb.jpg

Had an awesome weekend for finds.

Ninja Gaiden NES 1.00

Spy Hunter NES 1.00

Mighty Bombjack NES 1.00

Pinball NES 1.00

RBI Baseball NES 1.00

Night Shade NES 1.00

Shinobi NES 1.00

Smash TV NES 1.00

Gauntlet NES 1.00

Wrestlemania NES 1.00

Skate or Die 2 NES 1.00

Zanac NES 1.00

California Games NES 1.00

Ninja Crusaders NES 5.00

Breakthru NES .50

Castlevania II NES .50

Tecmo Bowl NES .50

Jordan Vs. Bird NES .50

Destination Earthstar NES 2.00

Mega Man IV Game Boy 2.00

Lufia Fortress of Doom SNES 1.00

Darius Twin SNES 1.00

Super Metroid SNES 1.00

Change the System N64 VHS Tape 1.00

Super Mario 64 Camera .99

Vigilante 8 N64 5.00

Crusin Exotica N64 4.00 <~Finally found this

Caesars Palace Gen Box, Instructions Free <~My loose copy has a home now.

Genesis 3 Button Controller .99

X-Men 2 Clone Wars Gen 2.00

Taz-Mania Game Gear .25

Wipe Out *Long Box* CIB PS1 1.00

Spongebob PnP .99

Edited by Ghost Soldier

I'm really glad you don't live near me, Ghost Soldier ;)

I'm glad that no collectors live near me as well. :)

I dunno - I've talked to a few people on here from Indiana and they have come from all over the state. Where are you located, anyway?

I dunno - I've talked to a few people on here from Indiana and they have come from all over the state. Where are you located, anyway?

Central Indiana around Terre Haute. I found a few things at the pawn last night.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out CIB NES 3.00

Days of Thunder CIB NES 3.00

The Uncanny X-men NES 3.00

Central Indiana around Terre Haute. I found a few things at the pawn last night.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out CIB NES 3.00

Days of Thunder CIB NES 3.00

The Uncanny X-men NES 3.00

Ah, that's good. I go past Terre Haute on my way to visit one of my friends every so often, but I don't stop (so your turf is safe). I'm sure I'm butting in on someone's territory here as I believe there are multiple people here from the Indianapolis area. (thankfully thrift shops are bountiful here)

Edited by atariman

ghost soldier you should add pics of your collection

when you get a chance homie

:)

I have everything stored in boxe's since I moved. Most of my pic's are over at Rfgeneration, same screen name. My collection is sitting close to 1300 games not including doubles.

Here is my latest find from last night. The last few time's I have been to this thrift I've found alot of games.

Lunar Pool NES 1.00

Wrestlemania Challenge NES 1.00

Snakes Revenge NES 1.00

Adventures of Bayou Billy NES 1.00

RBI Baseball 3 NES 1.00

After Burner NES 1.00

Cool World NES 1.00

C2 Judgement Clay SNES 1.00

Dino City SNES 1.00

Contra III SNES 1.00

ghost soldier you should add pics of your collection

when you get a chance homie

:)

I have everything stored in boxe's since I moved. Most of my pic's are over at Rfgeneration, same screen name. My collection is sitting close to 1300 games not including doubles.

Here is my latest find from last night. The last few time's I have been to this thrift I've found alot of games.

Lunar Pool NES 1.00

Wrestlemania Challenge NES 1.00

Snakes Revenge NES 1.00

Adventures of Bayou Billy NES 1.00

RBI Baseball 3 NES 1.00

After Burner NES 1.00

Cool World NES 1.00

C2 Judgement Clay SNES 1.00

Dino City SNES 1.00

Contra III SNES 1.00

Would you be willing to let your doubles go for thrift prices? I'm a late-comer to NES and SNES collection and I'd be willing to take some of those off your hands if you had a list... :)

Would you be willing to let your doubles go for thrift prices? I'm a late-comer to NES and SNES collection and I'd be willing to take some of those off your hands if you had a list... :)

I'm going to put together a list in the next couple of week's with stuff I'm getting rid of. Keep an eye out.

Marketplace?

I'm going to put together a list in the next couple of week's with stuff I'm getting rid of. Keep an eye out.

Marketplace?

Yep, in the marketplace.

oh man ghost soldier you should try to come across sega dreamcast stuff to me its on of the most underrated systems sega has made and the games look fantastic and of course you can play burned games too

sega cd and saturn are great systems are great as well watch out for sonic cd and for the saturn virtua fighter and nights into dreams is great as well :) good luck on those sega searchs buddy

:cool:

also a good place to buy some of those saturn and sega cd games is

http://collectorscardsandgames.com/new/SegaSaturn.html

oh man ghost soldier you should try to come across sega dreamcast stuff to me its on of the most underrated systems sega has made and the games look fantastic and of course you can play burned games too

sega cd and saturn are great systems are great as well watch out for sonic cd and for the saturn virtua fighter and nights into dreams is great as well :) good luck on those sega searchs buddy

:cool:

also a good place to buy some of those saturn and sega cd games is

http://collectorscardsandgames.com/new/SegaSaturn.html

I do love the dreamcast and it's ability to play cd-r's. A couple of the pawns around here sell dreamcast stuff. Most of it is sport's but I get lucky sometime's and find a good game.