IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Todays yardsale finds:

Monster Cable HT connection kit (basically a pre-pak of 5.1 speaker cables + a set of component cables) $20 (retails $99 for what that's worth. I'd never pay full price for Monster cables, but I think I can use these somewhere.)

Tetris Plus for Playstation complete $1

Unreal Tournament for PS2 complete $2

Finding Nemo for Gamecube complete $1

Official Sony PS2 memory card 8meg $.50 (!)

Logitech wireless controller for PS2 (like the one I just bought for $15) $3

A huge pile of Dungeons & Dragons books and modules, some for original AD&D some for 2nd Edition $4.50 (I don't know why, I haven't played D&D for nearly 20 years, but I couldn't resist.)

And my coolest but non-gaming find, a Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster guitar. I saw the gig bag sitting there and assumed it was just a crappy Walmart special until I opened it up. Imagine my suprise to see that it was actually a Fender, not even a Squire! It is made in Mexico, but that's not as bad as it sounds. The MIM guitars are suprising well made and get pretty good reviews. Granted, I wouldn't trade it for my '79 American Strat, but it's really nice. The guitar is perfect like new except it's missing the tone knob, and came with the Fender gig bag, a tuner, 2 straps, a capo, and 4 sets of strings plus all the paperwork, even the hang tags. Oh, did I mention that it was $50? :D I looked at the lady, and asked, "That's $50 for everything right?" "Yep, that's right" she said. As I'm paying her, a girl with her said something like, "He's gonna be mad!" to which she replied "He'll never notice it's gone." :ponder:

I thought about giving to my nephew who has wanted a guitar, but now that I've played it, I don't think I want to give it up! Brand new, this is a $600-800 guitar. :cool:

It's just like this:

267874.jpg

Damn, that is one sweet-ass axe........

I'd like that much better than my current one, a cherry sunburst epiphone les paul......

Sweet guitar! Better than my Yamaha made one that I hardly ever play. Oh well, keyboards are where it's at... :D ...of which I've got a bunch! Three are Yamahas, and four are the Atari CX-50 ones!

Oh, more cheap goodies:

PSP-330 stand alone battery charger, new, $15. Musta been a closeout as Game Slop. It was still sealed. Oh, and no, I'm not selling the PSP-191 unit, either. Also I got seven more Atari text titles for $1 each.

Edited by shadow460

Yeah, I've been geeked about that guitar since I bought it, I can barely put it down. It's funny because I love Strats, but never thought much about Telecasters. Then again, with that pickup configuration, it sounds a lot like a Strat anyway. It's just amazing that someone would just sell it off like that for next to nothing. Not that I'm complaining of course!

Now, if I could just find a nice Fender Jazz bass I'd be all set............... :cool:

PICT0001.jpg

bioshock for xbox 360(brand new,sealed)$19.98 at target

final fantasy VII for psx(complete)$2 at goodwill

resident evil 2 for psx:$2 at goodwill

espn nfl 2k5 for xbox(complete)$0.89 at gamestop(i been wanting to play this again)

grabbed by the ghoulies for xbox(complete)$4.49 at gamecrazy

zelda windwaker and oot master disc for gamecube(complete)$ 8.99 at cd warehouse

jenne d'arc for psp(umd only)$5 at cd warehouse

megaman powered up for psp(umd)$5 at cd warehouse

very good mark

yesturday i got splatterhouse 2 cib for the sega genny for 2.99

and got 6 dc games @ 3 .99 each

notables are

shenmue, phantasy star online, and sword of berserk guts rage (awesome game by the way ) :)

very nice bro.enjoy the splatterhouse 2 and shenmue,two of the best imo

I picked up a Mattel "Star Hawk" handheld game from 1981 for $3. Loose, no power cord, no idea if it works yet because I don't have batteries handy at work, but does anyone know anything about this? Does it have any value? Is there any kind of community around Mattel handhelds?

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/index.html :)

Today i found a 2600 jr. with a silver strip that i never saw before.Usually its a fat or skinny rainbow coloured line that goes along the entire lenth of strip.On the one i found today,it just has the atari logo with 2600 beside it,in the middle of strip,and the rainbow is just underneath that,a short 2 inch one.Is this a PAL jr?It works fine with my NTSC carts and tv :ponder: :?EDIT..Nevermind..found it here at 2600 hardware,dont know how i missed it the 1st time.

Edited by Rik

Why, is your yard dying? :D

ilold.jpg

yeah, it does look like a sprinkler don't it?

the stick feels goo, but I haven't fired it up yet.. I'm still enjoying the side winder force feedback pro... (diversity thrift, $5)

Man Daddy O. That stick looks wild. Let me know how ya likes it. HHW

Haven't posted here in a while, but I'm having a good weekend.

N64 w/ P/S

NES Top Loader w/ square cont & Grey Zapper

NES Toaster w/ RF, cont

NES Satellite w/reciever

NES Games:

Battletoads w/ Ins

Strider Loose

Punch-Out! Loose

Baseball Loose

Dig Dug II Loose

Top Gun Loose

Goonies II w/ Ins and plastic shell

Mechanized Attack w/Ins. And plastic case

TMNT Loose

TMNT Tournament Fighters Loose

TMNT The Arcade Game Loose

SMB/DH w/Ins

Wal Street Kid Loose

Milon's Secret Castle Loose

Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf Loose Loose

Crystalis Loose

Xenophobe Loose

Jeopardy 25th Anniversary Edition w/ Ins

Lunar Pool

4 NES plastic cases

"Tempermental" PS2 system w/ A/V, P/S, and cont

Playstation Underground Demos (6)

PS1 You Don't Know Jack complete

SNES Earthworm Jim Loose

SNES Castlevania IV Loose

SNES Primal Rage Loose

Xbox w/ Monster Cable component cables, 2-S controllers, P/S

3-Way universal A/V cables (PS2/GC/Xbox)

Pelican GC Wireless cont

Saturn games, all complete:

Bug Too!

Scud: The Disposable Assasin

X-Men: Children of the Atom

Virtua Cop 2

Pebble Beach Golf Links

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei

Iron Man X-O Manowar Heavy Metal

Fighting Vipers

Fighters Megamix

2 Saturn Controllers

3-way universal RF (GC,PS2,Xbox)

Genisis Model 1 w/P/s, 3 cont, RF

Genesis Mortal Kombat

Gensis Sega Classics Joe Montana II Sports Talk Football

Edited by Wester

My purchases that I paid too much for:

2600:

OTHELLO text label with gold letters $1

Star Voyager, silver text label with instructions $1

Maze Craze, red text label and box $5

Intellivision:

Astrosmash, white label, with one overlay and box that had been Astro Smashed $1

Pitfall! with 2 overlays $6

Game Gear:

Official carrying case with zip top and shoulder strap $4

Plus we messed around with a Majesco Game Gear ($30 with games, case, and other goodies) and a TV Tuner ($50) at one of the game shops. The clerk managed to pull in audio from the OU game on Channel 9, but we never could get a picture on it. We tried it in a couple of model 1 and model 2 Game Gears. The Model 1's got audio only while the Model 2's refused to even turn on. If it's still around for a while, I may buy that particular TV tuner and try to get it going.

Bah, holiday weekends are always the worst for yard sales, I didn't even bother yesterday.

The only thing I found this was a copy of San Fransico Rush for the N64 at the Salve for $2.00

If I didn't need it I would have passed on it, even for $2, because it was pretty nasty. Covered in brown gunk and the contacts were green. :woozy: I had to completely dissassemble the cart (glad I got those game bits) and take a Dremil to the contacts before it would work. Now it looks pretty good and it works, so that's good enough for me!

Heres what i found today...All for $25.00,not sure on rarities of these though,will check.

Froggo-Spider Droid

Froggo-Sea Hunt

Parker Bros-Mr. Do's Castle

Activision-Cosmic Commuter

Coleco-Roc 'N Rope

Activision-Ghost Busters

Atari red label-Dark Chambers

Mr. Do's Castle is tops in that lot at R8, easily worth more than $25 loose by itself. (I got mine for $2, though! :P )

Digitpress lists 2600 Mr Do's castle as worth $250!?!?!?, loose or boxed!They're all 2600 carts i forgot to add.

They are listing it as $250 loose and perhaps on crack or made a mistake. ;)

EDIT:

Otherwise, I guess THIS is a steal!

Even THIS would be pretty good!

Atari2600.com pays $24 - here is a link - LINK

This is in NO WAY knocking your find, it's awesome...I'm just stating that DP may be a bit off here. Really man, Excellent Score, CONGRATS! :)

Thanx,i had a feeling $250 must have been a mistake.I paid $10.00 for Mr Do's Castle,and got all the rest for $15.00