IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Damn, that Donkey Kong mini is probably worth 200 bucks by itself!

Nah, maybe $50 in good condition, less for this one since it's missing the marquee sticker. Although someone sold a loose one for $100 last week, so who knows!

Still a great price for everything you got.

Let me know if you want to unload one of those Virtualboys!

Damn, that Donkey Kong mini is probably worth 200 bucks by itself!

Nah, maybe $50 in good condition, less for this one since it's missing the marquee sticker. Although someone sold a loose one for $100 last week, so who knows!

Still a great price for everything you got.

Let me know if you want to unload one of those Virtualboys!

Yeah, I am going to keep the Donkey Kong, But I thought it was worth around $35. I will let you know about the Virtual Boy. I might Sale the xtra sometime. . HHW

I love my Vitrual Boy. I got it at a pawn shop I was working at at the time. It came in a VERY nice Blockbuster foam case, had everything, and 5 games (one of which is the hard to find Jack Bros.). One of the legs was broken, but some super glue and electrical tape and it works now. 50 bucks for both it and an R-Zone with 3 games. Not bad at all!

Not really a thrift find (once again) but this wasn't in the dumpster, either! I happened to be looking around the area hoping to find a good used game store (the one that is close to my apartment is *terrible*) and I happened to find a little locally owned one about 18 miles away. I walked in and instantly knew that they had the kind of stuff that I wanted, but I was skeptical about the prices. I walked around - and the prices were pretty reasonable. I happened to come across a couple tabletop PSX kiosks - I inquired about them and found that the guy was just trying to get rid of them. The playstations were no longer in them (whoopee-do) and one of the marquees was cracked relatively badly, but I went ahead and picked both of them up.

The one with the crack in the marquee - $30

The other one was $40. I thought that was pretty reasonable especially considering that they both have their controllers and the little Sony Trinitrons! :)

And they sure do make a fine addition to my kitchen island (facing the dining room and living room - I never used the island for much anyway)

post-1161-1217821495_thumb.jpg

post-1161-1217821503_thumb.jpg

Once I come across a few of my PlayStations (they're hiding around here somewhere) I'll have to link them together for some head to head Command and Conquer action!

Went to a local flea market/antique mall today and got these:

Wico Command Controller $1

Sega Genesis model 2 console only $4

Telegames 66 brand new w/shrinkwrap $2

Human Cannonball brand new w/ shrinkwrap $2

NES Satellite like new w/ box and inserts $4.50

I was surprised since this place normally doesn't get much stuff in. They also had a Pointmaster joystick for the 2600 and a lot of other random controllers.

Was at my local Game Exchange today and scored these!

Snoopy Vs. Red Baron

Solar Fox

Sorcerors Apprentice

Space Cavern

Space Combat

Venture

Winter Games

Wizard of Wor

Worm War I

Zaxxon

Space Chase

Spider-Fighter

Spider-man

Sprintmaster

Starfox

MASH

Maze

Memory Match

MegaMania

Adventure

Fishing Derby

Dodger Cars

Dolphin

DK JR - Coleco

DK JR - Atari

Dragster

Baseball

Basic Programming

Atari Video Cube

Barnstorming

Berzerk

Blackjack

Boxing

Beamrider

Brain Games

Popeye

Porkys

Pressure Cooker

Race

and last

Reactor!

They were sold in two bundles of 20 games each for 30$ a pack, so 60 bucks spent and cost only at 1.50 each!

I also scored a copy of Cybernator for SNES for a low .99 cents, and Gauntlet Legends for PS1 at 5.99 and was scratch free.

Dan

Is that like The Man Show, only for your XBox? Ha ha ha! You should review it somewhere for grins!

Grandview:

That is a killer haul of Atari titles. There are a lot of titles on that listing that I do not own... therefore I am jealous. Ha ha ha! I think that the Sorcerer's Apprentice studio released three titles overall... I think Solar Fox was one of them as well. Nice score!

I checked, and sadly the Space Combat is the color Picture version of the Sears title!

But yeah, after realizing it, there were 4 carts in that pile I needed also.

They had 3 more packs, but I chose those two. The monster in me saw that I could easily spend 150.00 for all of them, so I grabbed only two and ran. The also had boxed Inty games with silver imagic titles and "Truckin" in it. Ah well.

Dan

Was at my local Game Exchange today and scored these!

Snoopy Vs. Red Baron

Solar Fox

Sorcerors Apprentice

Space Cavern

Space Combat

Venture

Winter Games

Wizard of Wor

Worm War I

Zaxxon

Space Chase

Spider-Fighter

Spider-man

Sprintmaster

Starfox

MASH

Maze

Memory Match

MegaMania

Adventure

Fishing Derby

Dodger Cars

Dolphin

DK JR - Coleco

DK JR - Atari

Dragster

Baseball

Basic Programming

Atari Video Cube

Barnstorming

Berzerk

Blackjack

Boxing

Beamrider

Brain Games

Popeye

Porkys

Pressure Cooker

Race

and last

Reactor!

They were sold in two bundles of 20 games each for 30$ a pack, so 60 bucks spent and cost only at 1.50 each!

I also scored a copy of Cybernator for SNES for a low .99 cents, and Gauntlet Legends for PS1 at 5.99 and was scratch free.

Dan

It is always fun to find a big haul in the wild. Congrates :cool:

I went to return a movie and pick out another and this caught my eye in the game section:

post-4103-1217928023_thumb.jpg

And you still paid too much! :P

:?

Are you referring to gameplay or the value / rarity of the game?

Why do you think I paid too much? I notice your little smile thing sticking a tounge out so maybe it's just a joke because the gameplay is poor. Please explain your comment if you don't mind. Thanks,

Jeremy :)

Why do you think I paid too much? I notice your little smile thing sticking a tounge out so maybe it's just a joke because the gameplay is poor. Please explain your comment if you don't mind. Thanks,

Sure.

Gameplay. It's lame.

One of those low budget adult games where they start with "lets show boobs", then try to cram in a easy/dumb game geared towards drunk frat boys.

But, it's got boobs, so it's not a complete loss I guess. :)

I know someone just sold one in the Marketplace right here at AA without instructions for $20. I have an offer for $25 shipped which isn't bad. The gameplay may not be the best but the game is a bit sought after and like you said, it has ta-ta's.

I thought it was a pretty good find and I don't want it so I only picked it up to resell to begin with. But, I'm with you, the gameplay isn't the best because I own the PS2 version.....it's weird. Still worth the $20 to $25 to the curious and collector's IMO. I don't know, I just planned on getting more than 5 bucks for it.

Sure.

Gameplay. It's lame.

One of those low budget adult games where they start with "lets show boobs", then try to cram in a easy/dumb game geared towards drunk frat boys.

But, it's got boobs, so it's not a complete loss I guess. :)

yeah,the guy game is about the same as those vivid interactive 3do & pc adult games.there ok for what they are.just kinda surprised no one made a tomb raider ripoff of this kind of game back when lara croft was popular,that would of sold like hotcakes :P