IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I was out and about today and thought, hey didn't I see a new goodwill was going to open soon? So I looked it up and checked it out. My Sega Master System Thanks me now :-D

They had a 50% off sale on all goods. All prices listed are before sale price.

Sega Master System(loose) $1.99 each

Golvellius

Hang On/Safari Hunt(I allready had it too..dang)

Alien Syndrome(another duplicate)

Lord of The Sword

Sega Master System (boxed some have manuals too) $2.99 each

Double Dragon

After Burner (dupliicate, but now I have a boxed one)

Altered Beast

Kung Fu Kid

The Ninja

Space Harrier

Fantasy Zone

Fantasy Zone II

Free Sega Master System Game Box and manual for TransBot on a card.

Atari 5200 loose $2.99 each

Star Raiders

Vanguard

Q*Bert

NES loose $1.99

California Games

Cool Clear Gravis fighter stick joystick $0.99

Sega Master System game pad $0.99

So...total after sale discount and sales tax: $28.29

e-reader pack: CluClu Land $1

Virtual Boy TeleroBoxer $2

NES Star Tropics (COMPLETE) $2

Intellivision I System with 10 games(all complete) $15

Stopped by Toys R Us and picked up the following clearenced out Dreamcast stuff.

5 Sega Brand Controllers $2 each

2 Green Sega Brand VMU's $2.50 each

My scrounging buddy Shaggy keeps blowing me off, so he didn't get to come along again today.. not too bad, although I got Sumguy'ed pretty good on a CD-I console. My fault for not getting out of bed earlier.

Here's my stuff from today:

Ultima IV (Apple) boxed complete $1.99

F-15 Strike Eagle (Apple) boxed complete mint $1.49

Sealed Cosmic Encounter board game (the new one) $2.99

Boxed NES Advantage joystick $4.99

Loose Atari Jaguar Controller $.99

Sega Saturn w/ one joystick and power cord $12.99

New Sim Theme Park $8.99 (for me)

SMB 1, 2, & 3 $1.21 ea

Excitebike $1.21

Clue, Space Ace, Caesar's Gambling, and Smithsonian CD-I $1.99 ea

I was so engrossed on hunting for these few CD-I titles at the Goodwill I was at, that by the time I figured I should go look for the system they came with, some old guy had just put it in a cart back by the electronics. It was one of the newer Philips consoles with the game controller - it looked like it even had a carrying case. Price: $3.99!!! ARRGH!! :(

He and some other guy were both poking it like it was a dead bird and trying to figure out what it was, and I told them they had a great score there - I'd been looking for one of those for a year now, and that it happened to play the games I was holding in my hand. There was one CD-I title that I had passed on (Compton's Encyclopedia) so I told the guy where to find it up front.

It was about a minute later that I was rewarded with the Ultima packed in with the Jigsaw puzzles, so I guess it's OK. :)

I was so engrossed on hunting for these few CD-I titles at the Goodwill I was at, that by the time I figured I should go look for the system they came with, some old guy had just put it in a cart back by the electronics. It was one of the newer Philips consoles with the game controller - it looked like it even had a carrying case. Price: $3.99!!! ARRGH!!   :(

You should have offered him $5 if you could buy it instead. He probably would have taken it if he didn't know what it was.

btw, nice avatar

I was so engrossed on hunting for these few CD-I titles at the Goodwill I was at, that by the time I figured I should go look for the system they came with, some old guy had just put it in a cart back by the electronics. It was one of the newer Philips consoles with the game controller - it looked like it even had a carrying case. Price: $3.99!!! ARRGH!!   :(

You should have offered him $5 if you could buy it instead. He probably would have taken it if he didn't know what it was.

btw, nice avatar

Just don't sound too anxious. Play it cool.

You should have offered him $5 if you could buy it instead.  He probably would have taken it if he didn't know what it was.

I was thinking about it, but I had a feeling this guy woulda gotten a crafty look in his eye and started haggling. I have enough of a hard time with my self-respect running into Goodwills on my Saturdays off without getting into some embarrassing bidding match with some stranger over scrounging dibs for something he didn't know what it was. So I just congratulated him instead.

Now Shaggy, on the other hand, I'm sure he woulda had his wallet out and been beggin' for the rights to the old guy's shopping cart.. or maybe he'd'a gone for the shock-and-awe approach and just LIFTED it out of the cart right under the guy's nose. I bet the guy woulda been so stunned that Chris could've paid and been out the door before he knew it. :D

I'm just not real quick on my feet. :)

rpm

Heck yea RPM, I would have gotten it somehow;) I still need to figure out how to work the one I have now. We need to go out and hit some more stores and talk business RPM. It won't be before the end of the year though probably. I have a kid's christmas party this sat. and a wedding the sat. after. Plus I'm seeing someone now so that's all good;)

Trip to mother in law and a stop at some old thrift stores near my home time provided me with this stuff.

1. Nintendo Zapper Orange 2.00

1. Super Mario / Duck Hunt 2.00

1. Skate or Die 2.00

For those who wonder a while back I picked up a NES. So I'm picking up stuff for it.

20th Century Fox Mega Force Loose. .50 cents

Things I passed up was several front loading nintendo's, Sega Genesis, and even a Sega CD with Genesis for 20.00. But when you already have one and money is short.

Laters.....

Yesterday I went to a new Gamestop that just opened in my area, boy did they have NES games(over 100)I bought about 15 and 3 Genesis games and 3 SNES games. With the sale they have now, "buy 2 get next one free" I paid about $1.75 a game. Some were evn priced at $5.00

Today was the day I messed up, actually not so bad, anyway I got about 20 games for a dollar each. Kirby's Adventure was one of them. NES Advantage joystick for $0.50, and a few Genesis and SNES games. Where I kind of messed up was since I was with my collecting friend, as I was looking at games I totally missed a Toploader NES it was right next to me and my friend just came along and grabbed it :x :x :x He asked the guy how much, and he said $25.00 My friend still asked him to hook it up for $20 and he did. $20.00 :x I paid $75.00 for mine. My friend also got Megaman 3 and 6 for $7.00 they both had very bad labels though. Too bad it didn't come with dogbones though :grin:

Hehe, What a find today on my morning walk.

Bare Commodore 128D Unit: Dumped on Sidewalk, I took it to a good home :) It works perfectly, now I just need a keyboard for it.

I've got a spare keyboard for a 128D. Wanna trade?

Sure thing, email me at smssproductions@iprimus.com.au. This will make it ACTUALLY FULLY WORK! Just ask me what ypu want and I may have it.

Done with my thrifting in record time this Saturday. A lot of junk, but some stuff I needed. Spent too much money again, though. I have a feeling a bunch of this stuff will end up on eBay or combined with other items on eBay.

I gots:

2 Atari 2600 sticks @ .50 each. (needed those!)

"The Gambler" cassette game for Timex/Sinclair 1000 @ .49

25 common Atari carts @ .50 each: Plaque Attack, Defender, Haunted House, Missle Command, Video Olympics, RS Volleyball, Golf, Pac Man, Fishing Derby, Circus Atari, Space Jockey, Othello, Maze Craze, Ms. Pac-Man, Riddle of the Sphinx, Night Driver, Demon Attack, Air Sea Battle, Bowling, Combat, Yar's Revenge, Indy 500, Canyon Bomber, Video Pinball, Warlords, and another Ms. Pac Man.

Virtua Cop pack-in game for Saturn $2.50, NBA Jam TE loose $1.

12 NES carts @ 1.50 each: Spy Vs. Spy, Zelda Gold w/manual, Blaster Master, Donkey Kong Classics, Arkanoid, Rescue Rangers, Dr. Mario, SMB2, Fester's Quest, Xexyz, Infiltrator, and Bionic Commando (a great game!)

Best of all, I scored an Arcadia 2001 system w/RF adapter & Power Supply for $3.83, and 7 complete boxed game carts @$1.91 each: Cat Trax, Baseball, Tanks a Lot, Space Raiders, 3D Bowling, Escape, and Jungler.

I passed on a 4K CoCo 1 computer with joysticks @ $6.00, as well as a Saturn system w/all cords and two joysticks for $22.50. Not deep enough pockets today!

Shagster, if you're reading this, the Saturn is at the Thriftmart on Layton Ave. Looked pretty minty-clean!

Hope everyone else had good luck this week.

rpm

Whee, After the 128D Keyboard Trade With Chris, I found:

Commodore Monitor Cable (128D Setup Complete!) AU$2

Boxed, Mint Amstrad CPC 464 with Disk Drive, Monitor, Software & Manuals: AU$15

Funny old Toshiba Look-A-Like Laptop, Thats MASSIVE! AU$30

Myst for Saturn AU$15

Various SMS Games (9) AU$15

SMS w/ 7 Games AU$15 (Resell)

Boxed Megadrive II With Couple of games AU$12.50 (Resell)

Game Boy Pocket, Boxed Mint: AU$5

Not a Bad Day IMO!

That swapmeet was pretty decent. I got a heap of boxed SMS games (many of which have been passed on to a friend who's just got a Game Gear with the SMS adapter out of storage), two big plastic toy castles to use as props for the current label contest, a bunch of Japanese Saturn titles (from a dealer), an as complete as you'll get out of the box big five-lion Voltron and as icing Soundwave (the cassette deck transformer) for 50c.