IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

You want to talk about ignorant pawn shops, I found one that had their CD in alphabetical order of the FIRST name of the artist, which of course isn't always list on the CD, so Mike Oldfield CDs, if there were any, would be found under M and O.  Mind you, it did mean there was at least one person working there that knew the alphabet...

LOL! At least that has some sort of semi-useful logic. There is a Salvation Army in West Allis, WI that has all of its hardcover books indexed by COLOR. Blue spine, white spine, red spine.. although I admit there's something about such pointless activity that appeals to my absurdist side. :)

rpm

Hmm.. I think I'll read a red book today!

I'ts been a while since Iv'e posted on this thread and i have found many things since. I just haven't had the time to post them. Anyway, let's go back to next week. As I was going through some of my recent purchaces, I grabbed a NES deck to test out. I opened it (for the first time) and to my surprise, there was Final Fantasy inside. I tested it out and both worked great. They had been sitting in my storage for about a month and I never knew I even had the game.

Today I found 2 Top Loaders from the same guy only 1 Dog bone control though. I paid $85 for both of them. They came with SMB and the grey version of Zelda. As I walked I found:

Mini SNES with SuperMarioWorld 2: Yoshi's Island for $20

Atari 4 Switch complete $10

Arkanoid paddle $3

I passed up another 4 switch Atari with 12 boxed games including Star Raiders for $40 and a 3Do for $35

Went out Friday and today. Got the following at one junk shop:

2 Atari 2600 systems, 2 small Sega Genesis systems, 5 NES games, 4 Atari games, and a big pile of assorted controllers/power supplies. It was all in 1 big box for $30.00.

Local Flea Market:

Huge pile of tangled controllers for $10.00. It took me about an hour to untangle it all. Ended up with 7 NES controllers, 2 NES guns, 5 Genesis controllers, 4 Nintendo power supplies, 2 Sega power supplies, 2 SNES controllers, 5 assorted TV hookups, and 2 SMS controllers.

Goodwill:

PS1 with power cord, Dreamcast cords new in box, 7 Saturn games, 2 Genesis games, 1 NES game, 3 Atari games, 10 SNES manuals. All for $20.00.

Passed on a 2600 systems with 2 joysticks and 2 games for $30.00. Passed on about 15 NES games at $4.00 each. Passed on a SNES bare console with 1 game for $25.00, and a original Gameboy for $40.00.

Also got a box with 200 movie posters in it for $20.00. Some great stuff in it. Many big 3 sheet posters and some from the mid 1940's. I already have about 100 listed on eBay.

One shop had 3 fullsize arcade machines. A Super Pacman, DK, and Ms Pacman. They wanted $800.00 each and 2 did not work. About 6 months ago I got 2 working cocktail machines at the same place for $50.00 each. I'll give them a few weeks and make them a low offer for all 3.

Today I got:

Boxed Miracle Piano for NES- $16.00

Super Pong Sears- $5.00

SNES complete- $8.00

NES game, NARC- $1.00

N64 Game holder- $2.00

A few loose contolers and joysticks- $3.50

On Teusday I picked up a loose Miracle Piano for $15.00 and a Virtual Boy for $3.00

Two pianos in less than a week. What are the odds?

Today I got:

Boxed Miracle Piano for NES- $16.00

On Teusday I picked up a loose Miracle Piano for $15.00

Two pianos in less than a week. What are the odds?

OH GOD.. OH GOD. OH GOD....

I'd take the boxed one... seriously. If you ever want to sell...

[Lusting after learning the piano on an NES.]

I have a loose Miracle Piano cart... but of COURSE no keyboard. >_<

I thought I was the king of stupid peripherals, but fate must confound me at every turn.

Even if I could get just a keyboard and the cable and AC adapter, I could get a cart. Why must it be so elusive!?

Seriously, I would buy it off of him. The guy keeps finding them cheap. And cheap is better than eBay.

The funny thing is. These are my second and 3rd pianos. I paid $75 for the first one loose complete with the game a few months ago. These other two only had the power cord. Boxed one also had the game. One is missing the overlay and both are missing the cable that connects to the NES :( which is most important. out of the 3 I can make one complete one in box though :)

The funny thing is. These are my second and 3rd pianos. I paid $75 for the first one loose complete with the game a few months ago. These other two only had the power cord. Boxed one also had the game. One is missing the overlay and both are missing the cable that connects to the NES :(  which is most important. out of the 3 I can make one complete one in box though :)
Keep me in mind. I'd really like to get one soon.

I missed out on a pair of compaq proliant servers the other night. The goodwill near me can't take any computer stuff (long story, stupid rule) so they throw it out in back and the manager has told me that I can unofficially take what I want (even turning down the offers to buy it anyway because I hate feeling like I'm stealing from them, citing the rules...the dumpster divers don't share my qualms and freely pick through the new donations as well as the trash.)

I did, however, find a boxed TI99/4A. Strange in that the box shows a creme colored machine, but it contained a silver one. Haven't hooked it up to see if it works yet.

Good find today. All of this for $24.57:

Sega Saturn w/ hookups (I need another one of these like I need another hole in my head...but it'll go on ebay with the other 3 I need to get rid of whenever I get around to it.)

2 Sega saturn controllers (one I've never seen...larger than the normal one.)

Games: (all in beat cases without instructions)

Bubble Bobble

Ghen War

Mega Man 8

Primal Rage

Scud, the Disposable Assassin

Also the Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, and Daytona USA pack ins and Christmas Nights all in their sleeves.

And F-Zero for SNES

One last thing that I've never seen anywhere before is a Sega Saturn Net Link. It's a modem that plugs into the cartridge port.

Other than the base unit, hookups, and one of the gamepads, all things that I didn't have. :)

Finally found some Atari 2600 at the Goodwill I almost gave up on. Found 17 carts on a shelf, hidden behind a box. They were all $1 each. These loose carts were in like-new condition so I just snagged them all except for a perfectly good combat.

The ones I didnt already have:

Air Raiders

Baseball

Armor ambush

(all of the above were INTV white labels)

Raiders of the L. Ark

Starmaster

Ice Hockey

Football (different label variety)

Star Raiders

Its been awhile since I brought home a bag of cheap 2600 carts. I will be checking back soon just in case a VCS shows up. The way these carts look, it should be a cherry.

Went on the rounds today.

Got a SNES with 5 games, 4 manuals, 1 controller, and all hookups for $6.00 at Goodwill. Also a Saturn controller and 3 games for $5.00.

At another junk shop I passed on a SNES with hookups and 1 controller for $30.00, a NES bare console for $20.00, a bunch of NES controllers for $1.00 each and several guns for $3.00 each. I use to get stuff cheap at this shop. Now it's all way to high and on top of that they now write the price across the top of everything with a green marker. I mean right across the top of consoles, and controllers, and across the label on game carts.

At another shop I got a box full of misc controllers, power supplies and TV switchs for $12.00. Got about 5 NES controlles, NES Advantage, 4 guns, 2 Genesis, 2 TI, Atari paddles, several NES power supplies, Genesis PS, and 2 Atari PS.

Finally recieved my Saturn with all the games.

Plus an accidental inclusion of Sonic 3D Blast. CD only, but still. Though, the Mr. Bones case has the wrong back part. It's for Super Slope Sliders.

BTW, does Mr. Bones have more than one disc? I only got one and it says "Disk 1" on it. Which would lead me to believe there should be more than one. Why else would you write it on it?