IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I have Spinball in box too.

Actually, I won 6 more games off eBay last night. From Jillygames again. She has a nice store with nice BIN's and combined shipping. Just too bad no actual product shots.

Anyway, I won the following:

Sega Saturn Independence Day in CASE - $4.99

Sega Saturn Tomb Raider in Original CASE - $4.99

Alien Trilogy (Sega Saturn) COMPLETE - $3.99

Need For Speed (Sega Saturn) COMPLETE - $7.50

Sega Saturn Simcity 2000 Complete - $5.99

Sega CD Jurassic Park in Original Case - $3.99

Total with shipping was $41.50. Not bad for some of them IMHO. She has more I'm gonna go after later. These were just the ones with set end times.

Time for the rundown (whats in the box)

2 Megadrive II consoles (no P.S or RF)

3 controllers, 1 original 1 Megadrive II original and 1 Honey bee autofire pad

1 Nintendo AV cable ( :? )

GAMES:

SONIC & KNUCKLES (lose) :D

Sonic Spinball

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat II

Lemmings

Lemmings the Tribes

Desert strike

Jungle strike

Urban strike

Road rash

Road rash II (regular genisise case)

Lotus II

The lion king

Bubsy

Speedball 2

Ecco

Wonderboy in monster world

Skitchin'

688 sub attack

space harrier II

Alex kidd in the enchanted castle

Super thunder blade

G-loc. Air battle

Battle toads

Taz-Mania

California games

Blades of vengance

Home alone

the pagemaster

Jurassic park

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I found a bunch of Atari 2600 games at Goodwill:

-Video Checkers

-Winter Games

-Word Zapper

-Dig Dug

-SeaQuest

-RS Tennis (which ended up missing the PCB board)

-Solar Fox

-Kangaroo

-Freeway

Also the lady at Game Exchange gave me a box of Atari stuff as a Christmas present. :) It had 4 joysticks, 2 sets of paddles, an Atari catalog, and instructions for Lock 'n Chase.

-Jen

I found a bunch of Atari 2600 games at Goodwill:

-Video Checkers

-Winter Games

-Word Zapper

-Dig Dug

-SeaQuest

-RS Tennis (which ended up missing the PCB board)

-Solar Fox

-Kangaroo

-Freeway

Also the lady at Game Exchange gave me a box of Atari stuff as a Christmas present. :) It had 4 joysticks, 2 sets of paddles, an Atari catalog, and instructions for Lock 'n Chase.

-Jen

Wow, nice find. Particularly the box of free Atari stuff!

Around here, one will find practically nothing Atari-related in the various thrift and pawn shops. Sad, I know. It would be nice to be able to walk into a store someday and buy up a joystick or even a common game or two without having to resort to eBay. :|

But anyways, great find! Enjoy your newfound gaming goodness! :)

Wow, nice find.  Particularly the box of free Atari stuff! Around here, one will find practically nothing Atari-related in the various thrift and pawn shops.  Sad, I know.  It would be nice to be able to walk into a store someday and buy up a joystick or even a common game or two without having to resort to eBay.   :|

Yeah the lady at Game Exchange is really nice. She usually holds all the Atari stuff until I get there to check it out first. :) As for the Goodwill here, they almost always have something. Usually there are Atari 2600 games and controllers, or NES games and controllers. I have seen a lot of Intellivision, Sega, Sega CD, old IBM games, PS controllers, PC controllers, and SNES stuff. I love that place. :)

-Jen

Found some stuff over the past few days.

NES TopLoader $5

Dogbone Controller $1.50

NES Games:

Super C $1.50

Arkanoid $1.50

Zelda II Gold $1.50

Yoshi's Cookie (Complete) $1.50

Duck Tales (w/box) $1.50

Gauntlet Black Tengen Cart (w/box) $1.50

SNES Games:

MegaMan X2 $3 (pawnshop find)

Boxed Pair of Atari Joystcks model CX 40-04

1981 PacMan2 two player hand held game, allows one player to be pacman the second to be the ghost. $1.50

As for the Goodwill here, they almost always have something. Usually there are Atari 2600 games and controllers, or NES games and controllers. I have seen a lot of Intellivision, Sega, Sega CD, old IBM games, PS controllers, PC controllers, and SNES stuff. I love that place.

I am so jealous. I'd like to find SOMETHING that would be worth my time and effort. You're incredibly lucky.

Went on the rounds today and got the following:

Console:

2 Atari 2600 with power packs. 6 switch and a Vader.

2 N64 with power packs.

PS1 with cords.

Genesis.

Controllers:

Big pile of assorted Atari.

3 NES.

2 SNES.

5 Genesis.

PS1.

N64.

PS1/N64 steering wheel and pedels.

Games:

30 assorted NES.

5 SNES.

8 Genesis.

5 Dreamcast.

5 N64.

12 Atari 2600.

3 Atari 5200.

3 Colecovision.

Also got 15 military model kits NIB.

Huge Boxed Hot Wheels track set.

2 big boxes of Legos.

3 boxed Tyco slot car sets.

Left with $100.00. Came home with all of the above and $7.00. Already listed the model kits on eBay. I looked them up and they all sold in the $10-$20.00 each range. Should be able to make all my money back plus a profit and still have everything else to keep/sell/trade.

Wow, nice haul!

I hit my local Goodwill to idle some time away before an eye exam I was mistakenly 45 minutes early for.. and as usual, I went to examine the CD's and tapes looking for software FIRST before looking for hardware. I spent about 10 minutes looking through 'em, and by the time I got around to the electronics, I saw I'd missed a PS-1 with 1 controller for $9.99 and a Turbographix-16 with a LOAD of accessories, also for $9.. both were being wheeled away in carts as I swung by.. DARNIT! :x :x :x

BUT, amongst the miscellaneous crap I found a nice new shrinkwapped copy of Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 with 5 Client Licenses for $2.99. :D :D

So I'm happy.

One of the Goodwills I go to now place all the videogame stuff in a glass case at the checkout. They jacked up the prices and now nobody is buying. This has been going on since this past spring. The case is so full that you can hardly see whats in it. They have not sold one system that I can tell. Right before they started doing this I picked up a NES system in mint for $6. Sega Genesis for $5 complete.

Here are some of the "new" glass case prices:

NES system: $32.50

N64 system: $49.00

Genesis system:$25.00

I see other thrifts selling NES systems for under $8, Gennys for $5 and N64s for around $20

Again, the case is now sooooo

full you cant really make out whats in it.

Somebody evidently decided that they were selling "collectible" games too cheap, but where did they get these price tags?? Hopefully when they cant squeeze anymore videogame stuff in the case, they will mark it down...or...oh no!...put it in another glass case!!!

That sucks. They have a glass case where we are as well, but there aren't any video games there and stuff in there. Prices aren't that bad so far as well. The worst I saw was a PSX for $18 last year, but gennies are about $7 and, in case you aren't sick of me talking about it, I got a toploader for $5, right next to a toaster that was $2 more :lol:

It's not video-game related, since they NEVER get any video games, but there is a Salvation Army store in a neighboring town that recently jacked up their insanity to an all-time foolish level.

They want at least $200 for ANY complete 386-class computer system, and (this is the worst ever, in my book) "$490.00" for a shitty "Schuman" brand spinet piano with serious action problems.

If anyone actually pays these prices for pure junk like this, they should automatically be extended employment at the store as part of their disabled outreach program.

The prices of the computers seem to be standard throughout Milwaukee - the same handwriting on all the tags - which makes SA THE biggest LOSER thrift in SE Wisconsin. Avoid like the plague!

i loves speed devils and now own a legit copy.

LMAO. Thats what my last DC haul was.

basicaly legit copies of stuff I already had on CD-R's ;)

Yeah I have a stack of CDRS as my 1st DC is a JAP one, now i own a PAL one im buying originals for that. Isos off the net will never be the same!

Today i picked up the following

Metropolis Street racer, DC, Sealed for $20

Impact racing, saturn

destruction derby, Saturn

Rampage, 2600, boxed

Kangaroo, red label

It's not video-game related, since they NEVER get any video games, but there is a Salvation Army store in a neighboring town that recently jacked up their insanity to an all-time foolish level.

They want at least $200 for ANY complete 386-class computer system, and (this is the worst ever, in my book) "$490.00" for a shitty "Schuman" brand spinet piano with serious action problems.

Where the fuck do you live? Beverly Hills? PAWN SHOPS sell =/<486 systems for $75. I got a 20mhz 386 at Goodwill for $5... $3 for the system and $2 for the monitor.

Where the fuck do you live? Beverly Hills? PAWN SHOPS sell =/<486 systems for $75. I got a 20mhz 386 at Goodwill for $5... $3 for the system and $2 for the monitor.

Pawn shops have nothing on these Salvation Armies. Maybe I should start a photo thread with the most ignorant pricetags on the biggest pieces of junk I find. I wonder if I'd get tossed out for taking pictures?

You want to talk about ignorant pawn shops, I found one that had their CD in alphabetical order of the FIRST name of the artist, which of course isn't always list on the CD, so Mike Oldfield CDs, if there were any, would be found under M and O. Mind you, it did mean there was at least one person working there that knew the alphabet...

That's a cool deal. $20 for it. Which model? I'd be happy to get one with just Twisted. I loved that game. :lol: Of course, I also need DOOM for that system but haven't seen it on eBay at all. :sad: I'd be happy with just DOOM. Even if I had no system to play it on.