IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

My patience has paid off. I've been wanting a Colecovision for a very long time. I finally found one on Craigslist and the price was right. Had to drive about 40 miles one way but it was totally worth the trip. Got all this for $25. Everything just needed to be cleaned up. Works great! The cart on top left is Miner 2049er...and the cart with the label peeling is Donkey Kong.

Nice CL find. I got my CV from CL too, but ended up paying $50 for it. It came with about 26 game carts though.

Thanks. Wow that's a pretty good deal too. I wish this one came with more titles that I liked. I'm probably only going to keep half the games and either trade or sell the others.

Picked up a silver GBA SP, Game Boy Roger Clemens MVP Baseball, Pokemon Red (with a thrashed label) and the following for $9.99 at Goodwill.

022411174008.jpg

My kiosk wants that NFR cart. Does it have a store UPC on the back?

AX

I want a lamp shade with that color. MAN that is a beautiful cart. Thanks for the pic.

Not bad deal. I picked up SFII Special Champion Edition at a game store for $.99 yesterday.

Always wise at GW and SA to check inside the case and make sure what's in there.

post-23487-129865523825_thumb.jpg

Cool. Yeah, I learned my lesson with Goodwill. A couple months back I purchased a Super Smash Bros Brawl for the GameCube and ended up with a Sonic game CD inside the case, and that same day I purchased a Mega Man game for the Playstation and ended up with f'in Blues Clues!

-B

Not bad deal. I picked up SFII Special Champion Edition at a game store for $.99 yesterday.

Always wise at GW and SA to check inside the case and make sure what's in there.

Cool. Yeah, I learned my lesson with Goodwill. A couple months back I purchased a Super Smash Bros Brawl for the GameCube and ended up with a Sonic game CD inside the case, and that same day I purchased a Mega Man game for the Playstation and ended up with f'in Blues Clues!

-B

At least you got games in yours. I was dumb enough to not even look in a Beyond Good and Evil gamecube case until I got home. No game inside!

Got a broken PS2 for $2 today. Managed to swap its CD drive into another one I have and got it to work. Those ribbon cables are a pain to keep up with though.

Edited by SEgamer

-B

Brian, look, a clue! I think Mr Salt and Mrs Pepper want you to be more freaking careful next time!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_02_2011/post-26465-129877311243_thumb.jpg

post-26465-129877311243_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

-B

Brian, look, a clue! I think Mr Salt and Mrs Pepper want you to be more freaking careful next time!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/uploads/monthly_02_2011/post-26465-129877311243_thumb.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAH :D :D :D :D :D

normal_DSC01259.JPG

A very productive weekend for me, if rather expensive.

Two Gamecube controllers, first party: $3 and $4

Gamecube Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time: $5

NES Tennis and Gyromite (no converter): $4 each

Super Pacman plug-n-play: $7

Boxed, complete Baldur's Gate II for PC: $10

3DO with controller, needs repair work: $34

The 3DO I'm fairly sure just needs a capacitor on the power board, and it's a beefy one I might have to mail order, but I'd still be under the market price of the system if that's all it is. I bought the Gyromite hoping I'd get lucky on the converter, no such luck. The Tennis, I'll admit that finding the standup VS cabinet with the game at the thrift for $45 the other day, and letting my favorite game store (Level 7 Games, http://level7games.com/) know about it, it's actually a decent little game for the time.

post-8107-129878625067_thumb.jpg

post-8107-129878635901_thumb.jpg

post-8107-129878637324_thumb.jpg

A very productive weekend for me, if rather expensive.

Two Gamecube controllers, first party: $3 and $4

Gamecube Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time: $5

NES Tennis and Gyromite (no converter): $4 each

Super Pacman plug-n-play: $7

Boxed, complete Baldur's Gate II for PC: $10

3DO with controller, needs repair work: $34

The 3DO I'm fairly sure just needs a capacitor on the power board, and it's a beefy one I might have to mail order, but I'd still be under the market price of the system if that's all it is. I bought the Gyromite hoping I'd get lucky on the converter, no such luck. The Tennis, I'll admit that finding the standup VS cabinet with the game at the thrift for $45 the other day, and letting my favorite game store (Level 7 Games, http://level7games.com/) know about it, it's actually a decent little game for the time.

That whole cabinet was $45!?!?!?

That whole cabinet was $45!?!?!?

Yes, it was. If it wasn't for the fact that I live in a third floor apartment that has no elevator, I might have actually bought it for myself. The game store getting it was the next best thing to that.

They apparently got a little bit of hassle, one of their customers works at that particular thrift, and there was an accusation of collusion after they'd bought it and were getting ready to load it up.

-B

LOL! Ya bastard...