IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

That Gyruss in particular is a good score for a buck!  It took me a LONG time to get one.

You know, I didn't recognize this title until I played it. Then I remembered. I have it on the C-64 and totally forgot about it. So I pop it in (the newly aquired 2600 cart), start playing it and WHAM! Oh hell ya! I love this game!

Sunday was a good day for marketing

Atari 7800, complete with psu, rf cable and 2 pads. Abd the following games i didnt have

Double dragon, Looks great plays not so great

Ikari warriors, Much better then the NES version

Fight night,??? um , yeah

Desert falcon, I love this game on the 2600, 7800 version rox!!

I just found a 2600 at Goodwill with a Gemstik (or whatever), AC adapter, and 8 games. E.T., Freeway, Outlaw, Grand Prix, Defender, Frogger, and two others that I can't remember. $25 total, but I can't get the picture to quit rolling long enough for me to play. Maybe I'll figure out how if I look around on the forums some more.

Didn't find anything thrifting, but got some nice stuff at a GameStop. I picked up a Sega Saturn RF adapter (so I can finally use the one I bought a couple of weeks ago), and copies of Star Voyager, Journey to Silius, Elevator Action, Rolling Thunder, and Vindicators for the NES. Total, $11.75.

I didn't find much today. I kept finding Sega Genesis version 1 consoles all over the place, one even in the box. Too bad i'm not looking for one. But I did pick up a couple of games, Sonic & Knuckles and Starflight, $1.99 each. I discovered a Goodwill Superstore that I didn't know was there, and I bought Max Magic, Palm Springs Open Golf, and Golden Oldies Jukebox for the Phillips CD-i, and a Sega Saturn controller extension cord, new. All together, $14. I passed on the several unopened Mad Catz Dreamcast controllers and the Lightgun.

I hung up adds at several stores in my area had about 20 calls went to look at about a dozen peoples stuff.Most had between 20 and 30 common games and wanted antique roadshow prices so only about 6 panned out picked up 8 woodgrain systems 2 jrs1 intellivision 1intellivision2 2 7800s 1 5200 dozen power supplys dozen paddles two dozen joysticks and about 400 games nothing rare.

Space chase, 2600. Never thought id see a PAL appollo cart

Are they really that uncommon ?

I'v got a Shark Attack cart. Had it as long as I'v been collecting :)

Well its the 1st ive seen, Is ur shark attack PAL?

I'll have to get out my 7800 and dump the rom to be sure but I "think" it's PAL.

Went to a flea market, bought a Philips CD-i control pad and a copy of Apprentice, River Rescue for the Atari 800, and Spike for the Vectrex. Total, $35.

The guy at the flea market has all sorts of classic systems, along with a great selection of games. He had just bought in a load of stuff, including a bunch of Philips CD-i games and discs that he got from a Philips corporate executive. Most of his stuff was exclusive demo stuff and betas. He had a corporate management only pre-release of Zelda's Adventure! He's putting it all on eBay soon. That Zelda one will be worth a lot.

Space chase, 2600. Never thought id see a PAL appollo cart

Are they really that uncommon ?

I'v got a Shark Attack cart. Had it as long as I'v been collecting :)

Well its the 1st ive seen, Is ur shark attack PAL?

I'll have to get out my 7800 and dump the rom to be sure but I "think" it's PAL.

312 scanlines. Yep, it's PAL :D

Some stuff from various haunts,

U sub and Sinbad mystery for the SC3000

World cup golf for the saturn, grrrrr, sports games

A humungous arcade stick with 8 buttons and various connections for different systems, Boxed. Its called city boy and made buy honest, So its gotta be good :D

Happydude, my apollo is pal as well. Find one on ebay :ponder: