IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Found some nice stuff today. I found a Phillips CD-i Player, two Sega Saturn games (Myst and NBA Jam), Atari 400/800 games Dig Dug, Galaxian, and Pole Position, a Tiger R-Zone with Virtua Fighter (one of the lamest portable systems i've ever seen), and a new boxed copy of Super Pitfall for the NES (I picked this one up because of another thread on this forum stirring up some nostalgia for this game that most people hate). Grand total, about $50, unless you factor in the cost of having my tire patched after I ran over something in a thrift store parking lot, then it'd be $62.

I also picked up an unopened CD of "Hal featurning Gillian Anderson", some freaky CD single with the actress from the X-Files doing a weird spoken word/rap type thing with a band called Hal. I remember reading a magazine article about it years ago, but I never bothered to find it out of curiosity. It's seriously strange.

Last time I went to Goodwill I bought a bunch of SMS games at $3 each....

This time I got the following:

For Genesis, boxed with manual at $2.99 each-

Street Fighter II

Mortal Kombat II

Ms. Pac-man

X-men...even had a cool poster in it.

Two boxed 6-button Sega Genesis Arcade sticks that look like they have never been used... $3.99 each

But the main reason I'm posting is this:

Sega Saturn w/ two controllers, A/V cable, RF cable, power cable, and instruction manual for $9.99 :-D

I also picked up an unopened CD of "Hal featurning Gillian Anderson", some freaky CD single with the actress from the X-Files doing a weird spoken word/rap type thing with a band called Hal. I remember reading a magazine article about it years ago, but I never bothered to find it out of curiosity. It's seriously strange.

I love that CD, bought one when it was new. Songs are loaded on my iPod.

The history was that she was narrating a TV series (FUture Fantastic) that HAL was doing the music for. They got talking and this single was the result.

Have you ever seen the video clip?

And hey, this is my 1,000th post

Decided to hit the local slavation army. Something I have not done in a while. I did score a boxed sega master system. The box is in pretty bad shape but the system worked just fine. Anway, I spotted out of the corner of my eye what I thought was one of the newer c64 unit all white. Instead it was a c128 and two disk drives. one of the newere 1541D drives and the older version. No power brick though. Then I saw the price and died. $50.00 dollars. No monitor, No dust cover, no software, and no way was I going to pick it up. On the other hand I did locate software. Most was on another shelf for .75 cents a pop. Since I don't have any commadore stuff anway. I saw no need to pickup games. This did however, have a sega genesis and games that just came in. They was not priced yet so I was going to go back at the end of the week.

As for another more expensive find but I guess okay. Savers had two genesis games for a crazy 4.99 each. One was star trek and the other was Taz. The taz came with box but not instructions. I don't really mind paying 4.99 for a cart with box and especially with instructions but I still kinda wondering if I should have just passed up the star trek game.

laters......

Atari 1040STfm with a heap of original disks and a monitor.  Condition as yet unknown.  A$10.

Damn you Perth ppl get the best stuff at your markets, less competition i spose :D

Nice find

Are you lusting after the software or the deck? I've already got a working 1040STe. The built-in transformer makes it a heavy bugger to post, but I'm up for a swap. If there's any ST software you're after I could do an inventory and a bit of a test.

Yesterday i picked up a boxed Nes lightgun, it is wireless. I think it's a pro beam brand, I can't remember (short memory) I took it to storage. It was only $3

Today I found:

Intellivision Voice Synthesis Module- $3

Atari carts, Gangster Alley-$3, Eggomania-$3, and Squeeze Box-$3

NES, Donkey Kong Jr. Math-$4, Tecmo Superbowl -$2

Jaguar complete with 3 games, Alien vs Predator, Cybermorph and some Ninja game, -$20

Today:

SMS:

Alien Storm

SNES:

Mario Paint (no mouse :( )

Mortal Kombat 3

N64:

CIB Zelda : OoT. collectors edition

And $10 netted

N64 + 2 controllers + hookups

Saturn model 1 (witth World wide soccer 97 still inside) + 2 controllers. No hookups :(

Also bought Pikmin (Yay) and a GC memory card