IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Whatever you guys think, I just don't want to see one of my favorite threads on the entire internet get derailed because of where I bought that sign. :)

I'm glad you posted that Arcade Pacman themed sign. There is a Hobby Lobby in my area though a bit of a drive. I just might buzz up there tomorrow and see what else the store has. I'll confirm if the sign is also in the store and at the same half off price. No worries on the shipping charge, worth solidifying buying the sign.

This is the 1st time I saw TG16 games in the wild in years, and they were $$$$$ (over $40 each!)

Yeah, not long ago I thought I'd get into TG16 stuff and pick up a PC Engine + CD, but then I saw the prices they're going for and I decided to stick with emulation on the Wii =)

A lot of videogame stuff is getting more expensive (an attempt to thwart scrappers?), but TG16 stuff seems to be exceptionally pricey.

• Like 1

Yeah, not long ago I thought I'd get into TG16 stuff and pick up a PC Engine + CD, but then I saw the prices they're going for and I decided to stick with emulation on the Wii =)

A lot of videogame stuff is getting more expensive (an attempt to thwart scrappers?), but TG16 stuff seems to be exceptionally pricey.

I picked up my TG16 off of eBay with Keith Courage and Talespin for $35 back about 10 years ago. I wanted one bad when I was a kid, but chose the Genesis over it once I saw that. I have only been able to pick up a few games since, mostly at a Play N Trade when there was still one around here (I miss that place, scored so much there). Now, you would have to add a 1 to the front of that 35!

• Like 1

I remember seeing TG16s at Toys 'R Us for fifty dollars, in the box. I walked out of the store with a copy of Ecco the Dolphin instead... whoops.

I did get a TG16 eventually. It's stranded in MI, and I couldn't find the controller or the thing that attaches to the back even when I was there.

• Like 1

I remember seeing TG16s at Toys 'R Us for fifty dollars, in the box. I walked out of the store with a copy of Ecco the Dolphin instead... whoops.

I did get a TG16 eventually. It's stranded in MI, and I couldn't find the controller or the thing that attaches to the back even when I was there.

Yea... it wasn't Ecco the Dolphin, but I remember seeing it cheap way back and got a game instead. I am sure a lot of people pulled that whoops more than once.

At least some of those games are on the Wii and Wii U VC. No way I am paying $40-$50 for the first Bonk game.

The other day I said that I had been working on piecing something together for a bit and recently I got it finished over about a 2mo time. Awhile back I found this amazing condition NES Action Set box which had also the still sealed up a/v cable and uhf/coax jack in there along with a bagged up SMB/DH dust slip and manual, and another bag with the poster, warranty sheet, manuals etc inside and the foam top/bottom for $12.

A couple weeks after at a flea for $10 found a very nice NES with an AC Adapter in another totally shredded and ruined box with half the styro which was roached. I had already been in possession of a spare RF adapter too.

I ended up just buying a bundle of the orange zapper and controllers off an ebay seller who lied said said in messaging they were like new and ended up being dishonest as they were both very worn which got a partial refund, and turned that over and got 2 nice controllers.

Last week ended up ordering the missing SMB/DH cart to complete it. In all with a little work, into it for just $50 and it's my primary console for the NES. Very happy I was able to put it all together as I've been wanting one for awhile now.

• Like 9

..The "Arcade" sign was cheating; found that at a Hobby Lobby and used a 40% off coupon the wife had. The 7800 Asteroids and Intellivision Popeye were from a comic book store that sells game stuff that I hit up while the wife was doing her thing at Hobby Lobby. I've gotten cool stuff there before, but the pickings were slim this time around.

Thank You! That metal Arcade sign looks so cool almost appears as a light up neon. I searched out the site and bought one myself. Cheaper local to avoid shipping, but not sure if in stock or would have the online sale price.

Hobby Lobby Pacman Arcade Sign - $12.50 $20 Shipped

...I'm glad you posted that Arcade Pacman themed sign. There is a Hobby Lobby in my area though a bit of a drive. I just might buzz up there tomorrow and see what else the store has. I'll confirm if the sign is also in the store and at the same half off price. No worries on the shipping charge, worth solidifying buying the sign.

I found one at a local Hobby Lobby, last one on the shelf in fact. Very thin metal, but almost the size of a real arcade marquee.

All the wood and metal decor was marked 50% off in-store. Huge selection of Gen-X and Boomer "retro" targeted decor on their shelves.

• Like 1

jOnyuYn.jpg

SCnwlKe.jpg

kwlNzh1.jpg

No instruction though. I knew this was uncommon pre-Nintendo variant when I found it yesterday but then forgot about it until this morning, looked it up, crapped my pants. Big box has all flaps but not in great shape. Game box has crushed sides but in better shape and label looks almost new. Haven't tested it yet.

Too bad Stadium Event isn't included or I would have crapped every single underwear at once.

• Like 9

I found one at a local Hobby Lobby, last one on the shelf in fact. Very thin metal, but almost the size of a real arcade marquee.

All the wood and metal decor was marked 50% off in-store. Huge selection of Gen-X and Boomer "retro" targeted decor on their shelves.

Same here, bought another Pacman Arcade sign at the same online half price $12.50. After getting home could not cancel my online order since it was already shipped. Meh either keep both or refund one later on. Maybe keep one for house and one for car shows; I sometimes setup a fold down monitor with PS2 and arcade stick.

The sale ends tomorrow, but the employee told me they have a sale every other week. So many crazy stuff including crafts, art materials, picture frames and plastic car and airplane models. Picked up some more model glue; the red Testors glue hard to find at most stores. There is a whole aisle of man cave vintage car signs. Picked up another Route 66 sign though a repo appears aged as if an original highway sign. :-D

Edited by CRTGAMER
  • Like 2

I'll post what my aunt told me the other day. She found a N64 Conkers factory sealed at a yard sale for $15 last weekend. Because the shrink was beat up she wanted to open it to make sure the game was in there..... "facepalm". I asked her if it had the seam, she replied yes but I wanted to make sure the game was in there.

Nothing like taking a $250+ item and cutting it's value in half. I initially thought she was saying the box was beat up pretty good, however I later realized she was saying the box was good just the shrink was beat up. I mean damn come on, for $15 you just buy it for the box alone and if you are unsure let me look at it. Owell. She knows game values especially of Conker's.

She told me soon as she opened it she regretted it, lol. Ummm there really was no other outcome but regret from opening that game.

• Like 2

No instruction though. I knew this was uncommon pre-Nintendo variant when I found it yesterday but then forgot about it until this morning, looked it up, crapped my pants. Big box has all flaps but not in great shape. Game box has crushed sides but in better shape and label looks almost new. Haven't tested it yet.

Too bad Stadium Event isn't included or I would have crapped every single underwear at once.

The best part about this is the box itself with the totally tubular 80's family.

It's funny (at least to me) that my daughter's high school band is playing 80's songs for their halftime show and they have an announcer that makes retro comments for each song. My favorite is when they say they're taking on "Mr. Roboto" like "He-Man on Skeletor".

• Like 1

zFMfyWN.jpg

Didn't take long for it to pop up in Goodwill. 99 cents, it's the older B&W LCD version that looks like someone tried to cross Tiger handheld with a mini cab. Will probably gut it and use Rasp Pi with color LCD to play emulators.

I'll give ya 2 bucks for it right now! Come'on! Double your money! :lol:

There's a guy named Glen who has a youtube channel (also on facebook) who is big into bridge direct units. He often seems to convert them for Pi and ends up throwing a nice front end up on there with any of those 1-2 button only needed games in there depending on the config of the mini cabinet. They do come out pretty nicely and thanks to the lack of buttons it helps you limit it to a solid smaller set of earlier 80s games that work great in such a space.

zFMfyWN.jpg

Didn't take long for it to pop up in Goodwill. 99 cents, it's the older B&W LCD version that looks like someone tried to cross Tiger handheld with a mini cab. Will probably gut it and use Rasp Pi with color LCD to play emulators.

Yeah, I've been passing 'em up along with the endless flow of plug & plays.....maybe I should start grabbing them?

Some of the cabinet/shell designs are neat enough, but the actual games within? Ehhhh.....

• Like 1

I'll give ya 2 bucks for it right now! Come'on! Double your money! :lol:

Hmmm... dunno. It's like $4.50 at the cheapest to send this to Wyoming.

I did take it apart just to see how the buttons were wired, damn convenient hackable label on the PCB plus the joystick is 4 direction capable. 2 buttons on top plus 2 buttons on front does leave some room to work with.

If I could replace the joystick with translucent blue, add a few UV LEDs, and swap one of the button with a spinner controller I could have a mini Tron cab.

Mlsaz4K.jpg

• Like 2

Assuming that my favorite store had a pricing mishap. I'll take it! All three are complete for $1 each.

attachicon.gifIMG_52251.JPG

Looks like those are from the Exchange (they are in SW PA too). Bit surprised to see them for that cheap complete, but they don't charge much for lose, common games.

They are a good source for Blu rays, and have a lot of PS3/360 games on the cheap.

• Like 1

I'd like to find that one sometime even if it is a lousy LCD at least they didn't do the halfass job Excalibur games and MGA have done where the screen SCROLLS left and right to fit the patterns. These guys as least didn't clown the buyers and fit the entire armada on screen with a good pixel ratio to it and then threw in the arcade audio too.

• Like 1

found a near mint pink GBA AGS-101 today for $10. the screen is beautiful and scratch free. works like a dream.

nothing as beautiful as the one Jin just sold ... but for $10 I will not be picky.

I need to get an everdrive cart for it.

I also found yoshi's island DS and super smash bros 3DS for $2 each, both complete.

nice to find a few good items at good prices still out in the wild.

• Like 4