IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

The bear is from the Fisher Price Circus Train set.

The Ms Pacman is a wireless unit, the bottom is the receiver and plugs into the tv.

Fantastic, thanks!

Yeah, I know there was a blue elephant, as well, done in that same rudimentary style. I wanna say that I had a tiny monkey, as well. (?)

Looks similar to one an ex of mine had...it had Bosconian on it but the joystick was strictly four-way =)

Yep, I found it straight away. It's a "7-in-1", apparently. Now that it's been cleaned up nicely it's off to the P&P bin!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAMCO-MS-PAC-MAN-7-IN-1-PLUG-PLAY-WIRELESS-TV-VIDEO-GAME-JAKKS-PACIFIC-TESTED-/302387724905?hash=item4667b68269:g:l9UAAOSwEBxZbral

Also: Great avatar.

I ended up having to hit the flea market today for only a short time, was a win, and then due to proximity went to the usual more loathesome overpriced goodwill in the area and oddly did there too.

Bought a truly wrecked box with the console and what I thought was a broken AC adapter for the NES -- $10. AC Adapter was just popped open, closed it back up worked fine. System needed just a minor cleaning, popped pin4 (killed copy protection) and boiled/cleaned the pins and it's excellent. Also found something super surprising and obscenely rare in japanese toy collection -- 1983 Zoids RMZ-06 Gorgodos from the NES guy for another $10 and it's brand new! -- best I can tell it's worth as much as someone would pay but at least $50-100+ A loose one that still walks and is so-so is like $35. And then not new but almost impossible to find in the box, Space Sheriff Sharivan, also from 1983, early Bandai when they stopped going by Popy and it is a red vinyl 6 or so inch tall box with red candy coat sparkingly body and solid paint/stickers everywhere for $20. I'm only torn on keeping or opening the Zoid but feel guilty taking one of the few left sealed up and opening it.

Goodwill I ended up paying between the 2 things $30, but got (another) CH Flight Stick Yoke USB for PC, and also a PS3/PS4/PC UBS Thrustmaster T80 racing wheel/pedals. Either are worth easily $50/ea.

I rarely get this lucky, quite happy.

I'm kind of surprised about the Japanese robot, rarely they show up in this area but I've been able to amass quite a few of them in the last year 11 in all so far and only 1 I bought online (GoLion aka Voltron) because I found this perfect Diarugger (car Voltron) and wanted the set. I'm always keeping an eye out for Japanese robots from the 70s/80s. Shogun Warriors, Machine Robo DX, etc.

By the way I've had that Ms PacMan before twice in like the last 5 years. Hands down the best but also most blood thirsty 'Pac-Man' and friends branded TV game made. The wireless works great, but you need 8 batteries between the 2 devices to run it so it's hungry. It was also the first one to save high scores too so it's quite a catch.

And that Twilight Zone book looks awesome. Want to know something cool to look out for? MId 70s there was a pocket sized comic series out that had Ripleys, Boris Karloff, and Twilight Zone -- mostly it's comic by frame, sometimes you get a story or two in just regular print. They're a really good catch if you can bag them for $5 or less. I got hooked on them as the Great Escape in town 1/2 a year ago or so had a stack of like 10 of them for 50cents a piece to close them out so I grabbed the stack and they're really fascinating and fun.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

not a thrift find but my local Rite Aide had many new unopened games on clearance. Got a few Wii games like Zhu Zhu Pets and Neo Pets, a Cars PSP game and some DS games like Pictionary and Bakugan for $3 each. Great deal for my kids and brand spankin' new!

• Like 1

Not bad I had found one of those loose for that price last year, never could get my kid to play it with me so I sold it off. It was a fun little device, but a bit bland alone.

The best Entex device I ever had was their tabletop coleco wannabe for Crazy Climber as that thing was nuts. Kind of wish I hadn't sold it off some days, but it mostly just sat around. Found it shortly after moving back here years ago in a clearance bin for $2 at a half price books before they converted to full price ebaybooks and it was complete in the box too. I was shocked no one wanted it.

Jeez, I haven't posted on here in forever!

It's amazing what people will sell for practically nothing at yard sales. This past weekend I found this like guy at a yard sale, a Cozmo robot from Anki. This was brand new, still sealed in the box, was just released last fall, and retails for $180! I see it on the table, marked at $10 so I grabbed it.

I love these kinds of things, I have several of the Robosapian line as well as various other modern and vintage robot toys and this one is pretty neat.

He's basically like what would be if Wall*E and Eve had a baby.

post-12780-0-59707600-1501678789_thumb.jpeg

Edited by SRGilbert
  • Like 4

Got a little bit from running around today, I feel like I've seen carts for this Tiger Quiz Wiz sitting around some places but I'll probably never see any know that I have one.
The usb floppy reader is for me to rip the floppies from my copy of Heretic I have and play it in a shiny new engine.

DGP-wjHXYAA7bPT.jpg

Got a little bit from running around today, I feel like I've seen carts for this Tiger Quiz Wiz sitting around some places but I'll probably never see any know that I have one.

The usb floppy reader is for me to rip the floppies from my copy of Heretic I have and play it in a shiny new engine.

DGP-wjHXYAA7bPT.jpg

Good stuff, man. So that's what the black corded thing is, a flash drive? Oh ffs; I see those things all the damned time - doh!

Now I know to start grabbing them, thanks!

I feel like I've seen carts for this Tiger Quiz Wiz sitting around some places but I'll probably never see any know that I have one.

IIRC, the cartridges come with cards and/or booklets, so you'd need those too.

We have a black one in a box...somewhere...it wasn't very entertaining.

So that's what the black corded thing is, a flash drive? Oh ffs; I see those things all the damned time - doh!

???

It's just an external floppy disk drive.

Edited by Asaki

Good stuff, man. So that's what the black corded thing is, a flash drive? Oh ffs; I see those things all the damned time - doh!

It's just an external floppy disk drive.

That is funny, Older technology unknown. No worries Good_Times I saw a video where the person was trying to slide a tape in a portable cassette player like a memory card.

• Like 1

That is funny, Older technology unknown. No worries Good_Times I saw a video where the person was trying to slide a tape in a portable cassette player like a memory card.

In my case it's not so much "older tech" (I was born in 74, had a VCR up until 2002, lol) it's more a matter of not giving a shit about computer parts/gear. ;)

I wouldn't know a hard drive from a hat rack, nor do I care to. Ex: Recently found a boxed Commodore 64 in a closet, didn't even realize that I had it. (lol)

I've been making an effort to educate myself on this stuff as of late, though, so that I can start harvesting it from places like Goodwill rather than pass by those boxes and scoff at the "old computer crap".

It'd likely mortify vintage computer fans to know the things I've passed up over the years in my hunt for cartridges, heh....

• Like 1

went to a flea market after work today and I picked up two more DSi's (a red one and another pink one - you can't have too many pink Nintendo DS's .. amiright???) plus Frogger for GBA, Sonic Sega All Stars Racing for the DS, Super Mario 64 DS, Bowser (Skylanders/Amiibo) and a few Skylanders trap crystals- all for $20. Now all of my kids have their own DS and they can play games together on their own handhelds. There was a TON of PS2 sports games, but reluctantly I passed. No non-sports GC games and not many good Wii games :-(

• Like 1