IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Everytime I go past a garage sale I get a nervous feeling in my stomach. Any one of them could have good stuff. I want to stop at all of them. I was on my way to my old neighborhood today. They have a new Salvation Army store.. atleast new to me. So, I hit up some garage sales on the way. Why don't I stop at them all?! I'm stupid.

Anyway, the one I did stop at I picked up a boxed Microvision with Blockbuster for $1. :) They might have had other games, because there was a large cardboard box marked games $2, but that was the only thing left in it.

Edited by yuppicide

Here's my haul yesterday on my way out of Dallas... now it looks like I'm very close to reaching the 50% level with my NES cartridge collection.

Friday

- Game Informer 118

- B52's music video VHS (I can tell by the weight that it's in SP)

- Powerbook 500 power supply $15 (been needing one for a PB 520 I got for $5 a couple of months ago -- and the PB 520's floppy drive actually works!)

I got this at Tran Computers, a wierd place Matt Pritchard introduced me to years ago with shelves piled high of computer parts, and which smells of the incense of burned out VGA monitors

At Garland Road thrift:

- Gen Arcade's Greatest Hits $4

- NES Best of the Best Championship Karate $4

- NES Cyberball half off of $4

- Gen Rocket Knight Adventures w/box w/instrs (bad condition) $4

- Gen Granada w/box $4

At Thrift Town:

- NES Kings of the Beach complete $2

- NES Roger Clemens MVP Baseball complete $2

- NES Play Action Football complete $2

- NES Ice Hockey w/box $2

- two SNES controller extension cables, $1 each

- Dual Shock controller, clear red, "PSone" logo, $4

3 for $15 at a Game Crazy:

- PS1 Risk w/instr

- PS1 FF8 (GH), CDs only

- PS1 Final Fantasy Chronicles, CDs only

- PS1 Final Fantasy Anthology FF6 disc only (and they wanted $30 for it?)

- PS1 Chrono Cross (non-GH, missing instructions)

- PS1 Mega Man Legends, CD only

Been wanting to play FF6 so as to get familiar with the cultural references.

Who says you can't find anything in Dallas?

Garage saling yesterday.

SNES system w/ one controller, no other cords, Jurassic Park w/ manual $1.00

NES games Clash at Demonhead, Zoda's Revenge, Genny game Two Crude Dudes, and N64 game Ridge Racer 64 w/ N64 Power supply- $11.60.

Genny with 5 boxed sports games and two loose. $5.00

Passed up a boxed NES action set w/ 4 games for $40. The box was rough and they gave me the " I could get this much for it on ebay" line.

Fleamarket today:

Sega Game Gear with 2 games - Aliens (I think.. it's out in the car) and some Vegas game new unopened in the box for $7

Epoch tabletop video game in box for $6

Arcadia game system for $6 - it projects the game on the wall and you shoot things with a gun.

Went to townwide garage sales, I hope this qualifies but found:

Sega Saturn with one controller,AC cord, RF adapter,one game Mario Andretti

Racing for $5. It works to!

Gameboy Pocket Green with Cosmo Tank $5

Genesis 2 for a dollar.

Original Gameboy mint condition with Pokemon Pinball $5

Snes Kirby's Avalanche and The Pagemaster $5

6 Playstation games loose for $1. Some are original Metal Gear two discs,

Parasite Eve two discs, Clock Tower, Need for Speed 2, and a few others.

Two snes controllers and power supply,two nes controllers, Light Zapper for $1.

Whoa Gamezmaster, those are some outstanding deals! The Saturn is a score as those are pretty hard to find. A much maligned system if you asked me...

I think that Pokemon pinball is a lot of fun. You've got the one that takes a battery, right? It's powers a little rumble motor so that the GB can rattle a little while you play. It's a GB color game, but plays in the old systems too IIRC.

Well done!

I gotta get around to photographing my latest finds. I can't believe that I actually found 2600 carts in the wild - and rare-ish (for me, anyway) too!

WOW! Hey Albert I think you should make a Thrift Store Fine Forums section cuase its getting way larger then even some of the already made Forums section :D
No way... every web BB has to have one "eternal" thread. And this one is only a mere 84 pages. I know of one on a different BB that's gone over 200 pages.

...every web BB has to have one "eternal" thread.  And this one is only a mere 84 pages.  I know of one on a different BB that's gone over 200 pages.

860221[/snapback]

Why look at a different BB? Just check out the WWE thread.

Edit: Okay, so I can't count. The WWE thread is only at 127 pages. That's still more than this one, though! :)

Edited by skunkworx

I almost found Virtua Racing but then I realized somebody broke the package, jacked the cartridge, and left the box.

What kind of person steals from a Thrift store?

861902[/snapback]

I've seen that loads of times. Sega plastic boxed games that aren't kept behind the counter almost always get emptied, in my observation. Even sports games. Which is one good way of getting rid of them, I suppose. :)

Hit three garage sales today. Good haul.

Boxed SNES missing A/V and Power adapter.

3 NES toasters w/ 2 controllers, 1 AC Adapter, 2 RF adapters, 2 SMB/DH carts, and 1 Jack Nicklaus cart.

NES Advantage

NES Satellite reciever

Working Sega Gamegear, w/Six games and instructions

All for $33.00

Found next to nothing today. I bought Vigilante 8 for the PS1 for $5.99. I also found something pretty nice - an Atari 10-in-1 joystick from Jakks Pacific, $2.99. They must have thought it was a regular joystick, like the Spectravideo joystick next to it. I've already got one, but I couldn't pass it up for $3.

Today I got a perty good lot at my local flea market. It contained 67 total games. It had eight in their original boxes. All but three of them had their manuals. It also came with three extra manuals for games that were not present. 28 of them were 7800 games, and the rest were 2800 games. I considered this a pretty descent find because it only cost me twenty bones.

There wasn't much to be had today, especially since some thrift stores were closed for the Memorial Day weekend. However, I did find a Commodre +4 for five bucks. I have no way of testing it, since just about every port on the back is proprietary. Still, anybody looking for the +4 and the 16 can take heart; they are out there!