IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Picked up Dig Dug, Pacman, Empire Strikes Back, Q-Bert, Thin Ice, Motocross, and Carnival for the Intellivision. Nice, I'm up to 90 intellivision games now. For someone who never had or played one back in the day, it ain't bad!

I finally score something in the fleamarket!

I was on my way back home from K-mart with doom3 CE and I stoped to check it out, I never been in that one before, and under a pile of old PC keyboards, I found a loose Tandy 128K in pristine condition (was inside a plastic bag). There was also a tape with a game, but I didn't get it, it was something like 'play with words' also I found a atari 410 with the game states capitals or something like that. The wanted 20 bucks and I got it down to 7 :)

post-219-1113603870_thumb.jpg

Got this for my birthday:

>Monopoly (Game.com)

>MediEvil (PSX)

>Intelligent Qube (PSX) *rarity 5*

>Team Buddies (PSX) *rarity 8*

>Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

>Area 51 (PSX)

>Dino Crisis (PSX)

837442[/snapback]

Intelligent Qube, one of my favs, regularly goes for around $50 on ebay. I remember a full ad blitz for this game upon release, it was suposed to be Tetris for PS1. I guess people didnt want puzzle games in 1997. The music is great, very dramatic for a video game.

Picked up Dig Dug, Pacman, Empire Strikes Back, Q-Bert, Thin Ice, Motocross, and Carnival for the Intellivision. Nice, I'm up to 90  intellivision games now. For someone who never had or played one back in the day, it ain't bad!

837804[/snapback]

I've always wanted to get a copy of Dig Dug for the INTV for one reason; There's a hidden game on the cart. According to the Blue Sky Ranger's web site, "To play it: Press 47 (four and seven simultaneously) on both hand controllers and press reset." You'll discover the secret game Deadly Dogs! INTV bought the incomplete game off Atari, and the programmer who was debugging it found that there was enough memory in the ROM to put in a game hack he did. It's a hack of Tron Deadly Discs, but using the hot dogs from Burgertime.

Tell us if the game's any good! I'd like to know!

We don't have thrift stores in Spain, the closest I've found was Super Metroid at a mall, which I already have, and old PC games, like Zoop...

But there are a few gas stations in the middle of nowhere that have a few Speccy games...

Lucky Americans, you can just waltz in a store and find old Atari and NES games, while in Europe, or at least Spain, you have to get them all from EBay.... :(

Today at the flea market, I was walking around. No good game systems spotted, then I saw the two kids and their father with a PS2console and power and video cables. I asked how much, they replied "It's broken, for parts, $10." I said "I'll give you $5," and the next thing I know -- I have a Disk Read Error PS2 in my hands. So I take it home, take it apart, move the white laser adjustment gear one single click clockwise, and clean the lens with isoprophonal alchol, and there it is -- a working PS2. It can play DVD's and Audio CD's I havn't tried any games because there were no controllers or games included (but for $5, what are you asking for?)

I'd have to say, this is my BEST find ever at any flea market! ;) Even better than my Atari 7800, which I got last week for $10!

After getting off work, I decided to hit the flea market, even though it was late and eveyone was closing up. All I bought was a long box copy of D for the PS1 for $5, and a Sega Saturn lightgun for $3.

And yesterday, I stopped at a thrift after getting off work, and bought two multi-cartridge (Atari 2600, Intellivision, cassettes, and TI-99/4A carts) holders with smoky clear plastic jointed covers for 50¢ each. A little scraped up, but I don't mind. I've already got one that I've held my TI cartridges in for the past 21 years. I've gotten a few more carts since then, though. :D

Got this for my birthday:

>Monopoly (Game.com)

>MediEvil (PSX)

>Intelligent Qube (PSX) *rarity 5*

>Team Buddies (PSX) *rarity 8*

>Metal Gear Solid (PSX)

>Area 51 (PSX)

>Dino Crisis (PSX)

837442[/snapback]

Intelligent Qube, one of my favs, regularly goes for around $50 on ebay. I remember a full ad blitz for this game upon release, it was suposed to be Tetris for PS1. I guess people didnt want puzzle games in 1997. The music is great, very dramatic for a video game.

837914[/snapback]

:cool: Yeah it's a crazy fun game. The music makes it feel like a movie almost. It rules. Also, I can't beleive it sells for so high as $50.00 on eBay (what my mom payed for it) when I bought other RARER gamesofr other systems (and even PSX) for less than $10.00.

Anyways, with some of my BDay money I bought:

>Fester's Quest

>Whomp Em

>RoadBlasters

>Rocket Warrior

>Infiltrator

for NES

And I was given

>Bomberman MAX Blue

>Advance Wars

for GBA. :)

It wasn't the biggest bargin but I was happy to find a black Sports Edition Dreamcast with 8 Games for $50 today. I owned a few Dreamcasts that died and said if I ever got another it would the sports own so it could be black like the rest of my consoles.

games:

Powerstone

Virtua Tennis

NFL 2K1

NBA 2K1

Crazy Taxi

Shenmue

Tomb Raider Chronicals

World Series Baseball 2K2

Edited by dalton4life

Ha ha, the only broken PS2 that I've found had a bad CPU and wouldn't start up, and I paid $15 for it a couple of years ago. I'm holding on to it until I find a PS2 with a bad drive. It'll go well with that controller that the kid wanted a quarter for that the only thing wrong with it was one of the analog knobs had hopped off of the stick.

Anyhow, this weekend I paid a bit too much for a Dreamcast arcade stick, $25 with another controller and two generic memory cartridges, which means it sort of cost me $20. I was getting real annoyed by the inaccurate D-pads on the standard controllers, so I went for it.

Got a crapload of game magazines (mostly from the past year) for 50 cents each, a pair of 3rd party PS2 controllers for $3 each, a VIC-20 Turtle Graphics with instructions for 50 cents, some Hemisfair '68 promo flyers in a bulk buy along with some Lego and Knex, a junker toaster NES for $3, and other random stuff. The most useful was an old Atari 800 for $6, for parts. The Pokey has already been put into a CC2.

Anyhow, this weekend I paid a bit too much for a Dreamcast arcade stick, $25 with another controller and two generic memory cartridges, which means it sort of cost me $20.  I was getting real annoyed by the inaccurate D-pads on the standard controllers, so I went for it.

839085[/snapback]

Why is it that the DC arcade controllers go for so much yet all the others are only $5-10????

i found a genisis in a video game store for 17 bucks, should i go for it guys? If i already have a snes should i buy a genisis?

839564[/snapback]

That's a lot for a Genesis, so no.

Yeah, the PS2 is awesome. I got the Parental Controls that the parents left on for their kids off so I could watch Monk. Sweet deal, eh? (I got a USED! controller at EB, trying to get everything used for it.)

We don't have thrift stores in Spain, the closest I've found was Super Metroid at a mall, which I already have, and old PC games, like Zoop...

But there are a few gas stations in the middle of nowhere that have a few Speccy games...

Lucky Americans, you can just waltz in a store and find old Atari and NES games, while in Europe, or at least Spain, you have to get them all from EBay.... :(

838660[/snapback]

Yeah, but I've been to Spain and seen the women there, especially in Barcelona. You have nothing to complain about!!! :lust:

Yeah, but I've been to Spain and seen the women there, especially in Barcelona. You have nothing to complain about!!! :lust:

Well, I've never been to Spain, but I kind of like the music. I've heard the ladies are insane there, and they sure know how to use it. :D

I found a few things today...

A Sega Genesis 3-button Arcade Power Stick for $2.92.

An arcade stick in a sturdy steel case that I thought was a PS1 controller, but after driving away from the store, I looked closer at the controller plug, and realised it was a SNES plug. $5.99.

An Atari 800XL Home Computer with nary a scratch on it, $6.56. I couldn't find the power supply for it anywhere, and I searched high and low, but couldn't locate any cartridges for it either. :sad:

And this morning I found a 2600 Sorcerer's Apprentice for $3, and a 2600 mystery cart in a Milton Bradley shell (so it's probably Survival Run or Spitfire Attack) for $1.

EDIT: and a TRS-80 Model I keyboard unit (no power supply; early ten-key version) for $1

EDIT again: it was Spitfire Attack

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

I tracked down a flea market on the far side of Dallas after seeing a billboard for it locally. It turned out to be just another Mexican style bazaar. Lots of junk that I wouldn't bother buying. Nothing videogame related at all.

On the way home, I stopped at a local Mexican flea market that I've never been to (the parking there is nightmarishly bad) and wandered around. It seems like every other booth had old videogames. Other than one booth having four common Atari games, nobody had anything earlier than the NES. I didn't have a rarity guide on me, but I'm sure there were plenty of rare Nintendo games out there. I also found a few PS1 longboxes, but not the one I was looking for.

I bought: Pac-Man for the NES. It's the licensed version, not the Tengen version. Rarity 7.

Novastorm for the PS1. I really liked the Sega CD version, so I couldn't pass it up for $5.

The problem I found with all those vendors selling games was that they charged way too much for things. That lady I bought the Pac-Man game from was selling all her NES games for $8 each! Most of the time, at flea markets and such, sellers who don't know what they have either charge too little or too much. I always seem to get the 'too much' sellers.