IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0

sloopy

Hi *,

thanks for your help. I wonder if that thing would do it with the IDE Plus 2.0:

post-2336-0-44072100-1307997439_thumb.jpg

http://www.delock.de...?setLanguage=EN

It would be very nice to operate a master and a slave CF card. Copies/backups would become very handy...

any comments?

grtx,

\twh!

I was never able to get Master/Slave working on the old KMK/IDEa using multiple diferent CF adaptors, Not sure if the same issues exist on the IDE+2.0 would be interested to know.

Would be nice if they had enabled two IDE addresses (that gives you two master drives) rather than trying to make master/slave work.

Bob

Hi *,

thanks for your help. I wonder if that thing would do it with the IDE Plus 2.0:

post-2336-0-44072100-1307997439_thumb.jpg

http://www.delock.de...?setLanguage=EN

It would be very nice to operate a master and a slave CF card. Copies/backups would become very handy...

any comments?

grtx,

\twh!

I was never able to get Master/Slave working on the old KMK/IDEa using multiple diferent CF adaptors, Not sure if the same issues exist on the IDE+2.0 would be interested to know.

Would be nice if they had enabled two IDE addresses (that gives you two master drives) rather than trying to make master/slave work.

What difference does it make? Getting master/slave to work isn't that hard. :) Mind you, with two sets of registers you could use four disks...

I should be getting a dual adapter through the post soon which will fit... my breath has scarcely been so baited.

I got one yesterday - came in with a bent pin on it. The bent pin broke when I attempted to plug in a CF card.

Seller has offered to refund my money so no biggie. I guess I'll try to find another one.

today i put my IDE Plus 2.0 in a 1030 case, and made a cart to plug in the XL for the needed lines, only thing left is to make a jumper cable from the cart to the 1030 case... the on/off switch on the 1030 turns SDX on/off, and the power LED is an activity indicator...

i will have pics up tonight :')

sloopy.

today i put my IDE Plus 2.0 in a 1030 case, and made a cart to plug in the XL for the needed lines, only thing left is to make a jumper cable from the cart to the 1030 case... the on/off switch on the 1030 turns SDX on/off, and the power LED is an activity indicator...

sloopy.

Sounds cool except for the part about killing a 1030 :) Took me forever to find a nice one. It came with original disk and manuals, but no box unfortunately. It gets to live.

sloopy.

Sounds cool except for the part about killing a 1030 :) Took me forever to find a nice one. It came with original disk and manuals, but no box unfortunately. It gets to live.

I have three living in my basement, I'm going to sacrafice two to the Atari Gods!

Anyone put an SATA drive on theirs yet?

altho i have a few ATA-SATA adaptors, i havnt gone through the fun of desoldering the 40pin to 44pin board...

sloopy.

I now have 3 partitions on mine. The 1 SDX, 1 MyPicoDOS and 1 MyDos. Now I have to find my SIO2PC-USB and start transferring games to the Pico drive. Using the IDEPlus in conjunction with my SDriveNuxx is a dream!! I can imagine using it with the SIO2PC!! It took a bit of trial and error last night while setting up the 2 new partitions with Pico/MyDOS, as I'm unfamiliar with both and also manipulating the partition map in FDISK2. Finally got it figured out though, and having a blast doing it!!

I now have 3 partitions on mine. The 1 SDX, 1 MyPicoDOS and 1 MyDos. Now I have to find my SIO2PC-USB and start transferring games to the Pico drive. Using the IDEPlus in conjunction with my SDriveNuxx is a dream!! I can imagine using it with the SIO2PC!! It took a bit of trial and error last night while setting up the 2 new partitions with Pico/MyDOS, as I'm unfamiliar with both and also manipulating the partition map in FDISK2. Finally got it figured out though, and having a blast doing it!!

Yeah, this thing is pretty awesome, been having lots of fun with mine too. Can't wait to see sloopy's uncensored 1030 pics !

sloopy.

Genius! A cart to provide the lines, instead of soldering to the 800xl motherboard! Added bonus - it will be easy to move between 800xls...

Time to go through the bin and find some ROM-less cart boards (think I've got a blank TeleLink II board somewhere I can use...)

ok its done, it has an issue which i have to look into further, but it mostly works...

here is a preliminary pic of it;

idePlus1030Case.jpg

but it boots fine into SDX, realDOS, and SpartaDOS 3.2

sloopy.

Sloopy.. Use a round cable for the cart, since its only 8-wires.. it would look much more finished. Also, remove the label from the cart and paint it to match XL color-scheme. Also, cut a hole in the 1030 case so you can insert a cart in the passthrough slot. Maybe even put 800XL-style cart-slot-doors on it..

Just suggestions..

Sloopy.. Use a round cable for the cart, since its only 8-wires.. it would look much more finished. Also, remove the label from the cart and paint it to match XL color-scheme. Also, cut a hole in the 1030 case so you can insert a cart in the passthrough slot. Maybe even put 800XL-style cart-slot-doors on it..

Just suggestions..

yeah its not done, thats only what i accomplished in a couple hours, in addition to kids being out of school...

but it will have a cart slot in the 1030 case, with the dust cover opener in there too, originally i wanted to use a brown BASIC car, but they dont have all the fingers on the cart edge. the other issue i have with the cart i need to figure out how to put it in the 1030 case, so its not all the was i the back, and not perpendicular to the machine, seeing the label wouldnt make it function any better, but would look better. as for the metal leafs of the XL, yeah that would be kick-ass, but then the thing for opening the dust slot in the cart wouldnt fit...

thanks for the suggestions, good stuff!

sloopy.

Just suggestions..

yeah its not done, thats only what i accomplished in a couple hours, in addition to kids being out of school...

but it will have a cart slot in the 1030 case, with the dust cover opener in there too, originally i wanted to use a brown BASIC car, but they dont have all the fingers on the cart edge. the other issue i have with the cart i need to figure out how to put it in the 1030 case, so its not all the was i the back, and not perpendicular to the machine, seeing the label wouldnt make it function any better, but would look better. as for the metal leafs of the XL, yeah that would be kick-ass, but then the thing for opening the dust slot in the cart wouldnt fit...

thanks for the suggestions, good stuff!

sloopy.

So when will you start taking orders for the first run? ..... sign me up!

Got mine today.

For now just got it plugged into the PBI directly with none of the extra lines attached.

Got problem though.

It sees the drive just fine and I start up and run FDISK2 with the internal SDX disabled. Partition set up as per the example in the instructions.

But I run MKSDFS and it doesn't see the HDD as D1: