IGNORED

Any Interest in a new SDrive NUXX Run?

c0nsumer

I was rather afraid, so I nabbed a kit as soon as the clock hit 1! I'm starting a blog soon so I'll be sure to have a little build log for it. Thanks c0nsumer!

Looking forward to the pics. I got a better camera since I assembled my first one, so I plan on doing a much more detailed writeup on this next one.

I was rather afraid, so I nabbed a kit as soon as the clock hit 1! I'm starting a blog soon so I'll be sure to have a little build log for it. Thanks c0nsumer!

Looking forward to the pics. I got a better camera since I assembled my first one, so I plan on doing a much more detailed writeup on this next one.

That'll be really neat to see. I intended to do more step by step photos, but I'd find that I'd end up working on building them, get through a bunch of parts and steps, and realize that I didn't take as many as I'd meant to. It'll also be particularly nifty to see it built and documented from another perspective. So yes, please share and post here about it!

Thanks VERY MUCH everyone, ordering today was a huge success. There were 23 complete SDrive NUXXs and 9 kits ordered today, leaving just 7 more completes and 11 kits.

I'll be finishing packing and labeling these over the weekend and I hope to have them out at the post office on Monday morning. (The domestic ones might go out sooner, but as all international shipments need to be handed directly to a postal clerk I have no option but to bring them in during business hours.)

Edited by c0nsumer

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but will the Nuxx work with a 1050? I.e. If I chain the 1050 to the Nuxx, can the Nuxx be D1: and the 1050 D2:?

I don't know the specifics (please consult the SDrive manual here for that) but as far as I'm aware it should, as there is a device selection. However, I personally haven't tested this since my 1050 is in very iffy shape.

As noted here all domestic (US) SDrive NUXX orders have shipped.

International orders will be packed tomorrow and will be sent out on Monday morning.

I just received an email to that effect. Thanks for the super-fast shipment. I can't wait.

tjb

As noted here all domestic (US) SDrive NUXX orders have shipped.

International orders will be packed tomorrow and will be sent out on Monday morning.

I just received an email to that effect. Thanks for the super-fast shipment. I can't wait.

tjb

Sure thing. :)

I really wanted to turn the orders around as quickly as possible. I really, really don't like the obligated feeling of accepting money and not completing my end of a sale ASAP. This is one of my main reasons for not doing the standard preorder-build-ship process and instead doing a more traditional offering.

Oh, and for what it's worth, there are now 10 kits and 5 assembled units left. Things are selling quickly.

Edited by c0nsumer

IMG_6225.jpg

That right there is all that remains of my SDrive NUXX stock. That's four (4) assembled units and ten (10) kits. I suspect that the rest will sell rather quickly once the first shipment arrives and people post about them. If you want to get one click here for the order page.

• Like 1

My pristine, fully-assembled unit arrived today! That was fast! Thanks c0nsumer!

tjb

Sure thing! I'm glad to hear they are arriving. :)

After the one I just packed up to drop off at the post office tomorrow morning there's only two assembled units left.

Got my fully-assembled SDrive earlier today as well. Nice turn-around time.

Been having fun with it all evening... Thanks!

You're welcome. And thank you for buying one. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

This is exactly why I wanted to build them all before accepting any orders; it's just a lot easier to be able to take orders and ship right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, that's it! The assembled SDrive NUXXs are sold out. There are nine kits left for those interested in a bit of DIY work...

Nooooooooo! I was ready to order an assembled one too...

I am considering buying a kit. The one concern I have is getting the SIO Connector. I have spent a long time searching both Best Electronics and myatari.com and can't find them (best electronic's website is a nightmare to navigate). Any chance you have an extra that I could purchase with a kit? If not, does anyone have a direct link to a page where I can buy SIO connectors?

Many thanks,

-Doug

Welp, that's it! The assembled SDrive NUXXs are sold out. There are nine kits left for those interested in a bit of DIY work...

Nooooooooo! I was ready to order an assembled one too...

I am considering buying a kit. The one concern I have is getting the SIO Connector. I have spent a long time searching both Best Electronics and myatari.com and can't find them (best electronic's website is a nightmare to navigate). Any chance you have an extra that I could purchase with a kit? If not, does anyone have a direct link to a page where I can buy SIO connectors?

Many thanks,

-Doug

Doug,

Sorry, I don't. :( I've got a few spares, but they are all broken in one manner or another.

Try giving Best Electronics a call, I know they have some because that's where I got them for the assembled units. Also, you might be able to find someone on here with some dead Atari gear who would be able to help you out...

-Steve

(PS: Not to rush you, but there are five kits left. They are selling at a rate of about one every other day now.)