IGNORED

Upcoming Virtual Jaguar 2.0.0 release

Shamus

Hey Shamus, the new conrtoller config is looking good :D

Was just wondering if it was planned for it to be able to use a game controller instead of just keyboard keys ?

I'm not sure how doable on a cross platform app like VJ that is though. Think this was asked before in the VJ forums on icculus.org, but I'm buggered if I can find the thread.

Anyways, nice work so far buddy and keep it up :D I keep seeing those version numbers creeping up, so I guess you are keeping yourself busy ...hehe

Regard, Ricardo.

I'm sorry people! Just wanna criticize realistic. After so many years later it's still not as good as Project Tempest. Gaming without sound doesn't have any atmosphaere, and the sound in VJ is really crappy. This is what you have to work on to make it one of the best Jaguar Emulator. The 2.00 doesn't seems to better this. There's also one new Atari Jaguar Emulator - the Jagulator. So it will be intessting to see, who will do it better in future.

Anyway it's somehow symphatic and i just wanna say that i respect your work...

My best wishes to you for the future

Multi-Slasher

I'm sorry people! Just wanna criticize realistic. After so many years later it's still not as good as Project Tempest.

Project Tempest is more of a simulator than an emulator.

The MAJOR difference though is that unlike Project Tempest, when you submit a detailed bug report it gets fixed, instead of "no reply/undeliverable" ... You can be critical of how it works in a constructive way by submitting accurate bug reports... or you can just whine about stuff. Only one is useful.

• Like 6

Hey Ricardo99,

Gamepad support is planned as well for VJ, and hopefully just as transparent as the keyboard config. In other words, VJ will ask for the key to redefine and you'll press it on the controller and it will pick it up.

That's the plan, anyway. :)

Project Tempest is more of a simulator than an emulator.

The MAJOR difference though is that unlike Project Tempest, when you submit a detailed bug report it gets fixed, instead of "no reply/undeliverable" ... You can be critical of how it works in a constructive way by submitting accurate bug reports... or you can just whine about stuff. Only one is useful.

Okay, i try my best. Flashback for example isn't fast, the Picture also don't correct Fullscreen, but almots good emulation, what could be the problem to fix this problem? The most important games we should work on are the games that defined the Jaguar - Kasumi Ninja, Fight for Life, Iron Soldier, White Men can't Jump and sure CD-Support. I know it isn't easy. But if we manage that, the rest of the world will be impressed, because this games doens't work on any emulator now, with a acceptable speed or Sound-Support, some even crashes, before title screen....

I disagree Griever. Rather than race to get a few games working having an accurate emulator makes more sense. It may take longer to reach completion, but if that is a complete fully true to Jag emulator then it was worth it, and once it get there I'd imagine it would run anything. Rather than having to bodge work around ontop of work around now, which only makes for more work later.

Also, I thought Jagulator was originally announced many years ago (possibly before VJ) and has recently been restarted also?

• Like 2

I disagree Griever. Rather than race to get a few games working having an accurate emulator makes more sense. It may take longer to reach completion, but if that is a complete fully true to Jag emulator then it was worth it, and once it get there I'd imagine it would run anything. Rather than having to bodge work around ontop of work around now, which only makes for more work later.

Also, I thought Jagulator was originally announced many years ago (possibly before VJ) and has recently been restarted also?

Maybe you are right, i'm just too excited now, because more than ever i work with these emulators for Jaguar and try tricks to run the one or other game what others give up already. Sure the most enhanced Graphics or say better, Jaguar exclusive titles are hardest to emulate than the multis.

Jaulator also restartet by someone. Like this it's not the original man, who brought it. But the one working on it needs a break now, because he's gonna marry - So we wish best to him... even he will not have much time to work on it in future :D

Hey Ricardo99,

Gamepad support is planned as well for VJ, and hopefully just as transparent as the keyboard config. In other words, VJ will ask for the key to redefine and you'll press it on the controller and it will pick it up.

That's the plan, anyway. :)

Ahh cool, was just wondering. Was sure I ahd read it somewhere but just could not find it...

I might have to take a bash at getting the Jag controller to work with the PC, if it's even possible, at some point. Just for VJ...lol

Scratch that,it's already been done. Might have to order the controller card and get a controller converted :P

http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/jaguar_usb/index_en.php

Edited by Ricardo99

Flashback for example isn't fast, the Picture also don't correct Fullscreen, but almots good emulation,

Flashback isn't fast to begin with, and the Jaguar version in particular suffers from slowdown and an inconsistent framerate in the animation sequences.. I hope you're not confusing that for poor emulation.. :lolblue:

Another couple of idea's you could add into the mix

A- A netplay feature, allowing two different pc's or macs or other to play the same jaguar game (via the emulator), not to sure if any jaguar game can be 'netplayed' though or is compatible

B- A snapshot/screenshot feature, ideal for showing noobie jaguar gamers how the game should be played (like in AvP and telling people where the different weapons are as well as the 15 or so security cards) as well as showing of your high score talents (or failing that for some nice wallpaper as background for your pc/mac or other desktop display)

Flashback for example isn't fast, the Picture also don't correct Fullscreen, but almots good emulation,

Flashback isn't fast to begin with, and the Jaguar version in particular suffers from slowdown and an inconsistent framerate in the animation sequences.. I hope you're not confusing that for poor emulation.. :lolblue:

hmmmm, i just know th SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive version of Flashback, and it's quite fast, so i thought it must be same on the Jaguar?! If it's already incosistent framerate due the Developers was too lazy to port it well to the Jaguar, than sure the Game itself trouble can't solve by the emulator :D

Griever. SubQmod actually is the original author of jagulator. His old nickname died 10 years ago and now goes by SubQmod

So you mean he is the same author of the Jagulator who brought it originally?! Interessting that he still think about to continue after so many years... Maybe due the better hardware now, it will be more easy to finish his project, we gonna see after his big marriage celebration and if his wife let him work on this :D

B- A snapshot/screenshot feature, ideal for showing noobie jaguar gamers how the game should be played (like in AvP and telling people where the different weapons are as well as the 15 or so security cards) as well as showing of your high score talents (or failing that for some nice wallpaper as background for your pc/mac or other desktop display)
Printscreen.jpg
  • Like 3

Is it not possible to re-introduce the 'old style rendering' feature (which i am guessing/assuming is Dir.X)

as used in versions of VJ prior to before you broke that part of the emulation (or emulator)

I think the emulation would run somewhat faster (especially on s/c x64 amd proccy's)

Is it not possible to re-introduce the 'old style rendering' feature (which i am guessing/assuming is Dir.X)

as used in versions of VJ prior to before you broke that part of the emulation (or emulator)

I think the emulation would run somewhat faster (especially on s/c x64 amd proccy's)

I don't think it can be as it's multi platform and using the SDL subsystem.

As Shamus is trying to make this as cross platform as possible, trying to make it work with Dir. X would be a nightmare or at least I should imagine. I may be wrong and feel free to correct me :D