IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

Here is the current Listing. If you are on this list and receive your SIDE from Zaxon please let me know so I can show the SIDE received.

Please do not "Quote" this post thanks, as I'm updating it periodically.

As of 4/26/2012 6:21PM EST.

gallery_16380_756_86226.jpg

Notes:

• Some have suggested including SIDE's "received", for which I think would only bring confusion to what we are attempting to do here, which is to identify open orders yet shipped.
  • For those who ordered multiple units and received partials orders that is listed under "Received".
  • "?" denotes information unknown. Please PM me if you want me to track that here.

I will be update the list this evening. I will send an email to Piotr to remind him to use the list to see that folks who ordered first get theirs first. It is only fair that it works that way.

Mike

What email is Piotr using ? I'd like to send him a reminder of my Ultra Satan order.

Anyone got a step by step procedure for how to setup SIDE, fomat CF cards and transfer game files to it

What about directories on the CF card?

Hey npturton,

No formal instructions, but I simply used Windows 7 to format my CF card to FAT32, created two directories using Windows 7 Explorer (Games, Demos), then dragged my xex files to their respective directories. Removed the CF card from the CF reader and inserted it into the SIDE. Place the SIDE to the cart slot on my Atari 800XL and turn it on, then it booted up to the SIDE menu then it was just a simple navigation via joystick to select games or demos. I hope that helps some, as I'm sure others have found other ways of doing it. Have you received your SIDE?

Mike

Anyone got a step by step procedure for how to setup SIDE, fomat CF cards and transfer game files to it

What about directories on the CF card?

Hey npturton,

No formal instructions, but I simply used Windows 7 to format my CF card to FAT32, created two directories using Windows 7 Explorer (Games, Demos), then dragged my xex files to their respective directories. Removed the CF card from the CF reader and inserted it into the SIDE. Place the SIDE to the cart slot on my Atari 800XL and turn it on, then it booted up to the SIDE menu then it was just a simple navigation via joystick to select games or demos. I hope that helps some, as I'm sure others have found other ways of doing it. Have you received your SIDE?

Mike

Yup Ive got my SIDE cart

Whats with formatting with spartados with the cart then and creating subfolders/partitions?

Thx Candle, unfortunately im a bit lost the the 8 bit nowdays, im only just coming back after 20 years away

Spartados was never one of my DOSs I used only DOS 2.0 and DOS 2.5

So not sure why you would need a partitioned CF card? surely these are simply folders?

Finally is XEX the only format the SIDE will handle?

I'm out of town at the moment, but will be arriving home tomorrow. I will update the list then. I'm glad to see that folks are receiving their SIDEs.

For anybody that has ordered Netusbee or Ultrasatan from Zaxon please check this out.

Mike

...I do hope he's reading not just your posts, but also your updated lists... because there's still a LONG way before clearing up that pending-list.

Hm, I´m still waiting for my 10 units... Still hoping to get them within the next two weeks - at the end of april I´ll join the noman in Northern Germany where I´ll meet some of the guys I ordered a unit for.

As AtariGeezer suggest, I offered help in shipping via email. I´m hoping for an answer.

Sleeπ

Edited by Sleepy

All is ok i waiting for parts from mouser , digikey and TME. I assembly and post rest of Side i hope before end of april. Maximum is first week of may.

That's great news. Good to hear from you again. I was happy to hear you found work and you're back on track.

Regards

Mark