IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

I order from Mouser, Digi-Key all the time and get my orders very quickly from them..........

Same here, Digikey is extremely fast (and I am in Canada), no experience with Mouser (yet).

Mouser ships same or next business day if it's in stock.

should i take it over and do it myself?

just a thought...

my thinking was to share the work, so i could get more time for developing new things, but i guess i was wrong

on the bright side, i found assembly houses aren't that expensive as i thought, and having it assembled rather than doing it by hand will have minimal if any impact on final price...

• Like 2

just a thought...

If you can handle the money transfers as our money is already in zaxon's pocket, it might be a releife for him as well.

On the other side (pun intended) I can wait for him (said it lots of times, I am waiting for my open pandora for 3,75 years now :) to finish it.

However, if he does not want to do it anymore because of RL and other projects...

my thinking was to share the work, so i could get more time for developing new things, but i guess i was wrong

on the bright side, i found assembly houses aren't that expensive as i thought, and having it assembled rather than doing it by hand will have minimal if any impact on final price...

I didn't buy one of these from zaxon, but as someone who is interested in your products I'm glad to hear that you found some assembly houses that are inexpensive enough to handle these small projects. Having the products you design available reliably would be a great thing.

just a thought...

Sebastian, you have been very honest with me in all our business transactions concerning cost and availability and your outstanding reputation speaks for its self. As in all business endeavors taking on a partner or a sub-contractor (i.e. Zaxon) you run the risk of that person or group not living up to what your expectations are for your products or services. You are not to blame one bit for the decisions that Zaxon has made concerning this fiasco surrounding the SIDE pre-orders. My support for Zaxon is fact within this thread and my personal communication within him is full of encouragement. But, Zaxon's actions, or lack there of, is proof that he does not appreciate the fact that everyone here who is owed a pre-ordered SIDE has graciously, quietly, and patiently allowed him time to do the right thing, but he has not acknowledge that with fulfilling his obligation to complete everyone's SIDE in a timely manner. Zaxon is still running the risk of his reputation being totally tarnished to the point that no one will do business with him, as there are some here that will not be doing that today and into the future. So, for anyone to include Zaxon in their development and production team of any project device may want to reconsider given his current reputation.

Mike

Next SIDE ready to post,

f4ff1b7f2fe9df53m.jpg

So out of these 17, I wonder how many

a.) were sent to people who paid for them already?

b.) were sold off to help Piotr get by?

c.) are awaiting on a paycheck to be sent out?

Jay

None were sent to me, that much I know. I am starting to wonder which I will receive first. This, or my 7800XM - LMAO.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Zaxon on my Ultra Satan. He says it is ready and will ship early next week.

Very encouraging.

Just don't hold your breath. He said my SIDE was being shipped and that was some time before I cancelled my order. It was a total lie!

Seems you were right on this. No UltraSatan. Last four emails have been ignored. This is two times now he has told me he would ship the following Monday / Tuesday. Very sad. Also very sad there is no where else to go to get these products.

Why ?

Because he doesn't give a rat's ass what people think about him. When I initially said "Sad" many people jumped on me, but I guess few people now realize that it's actually very sad that he betrayed everybody's trust on him. I still say pre-orders should be limited in numbers especially when the seller history did not previously show concrete evidence that he actualy fulfills his commitements every time.

I'm still mildly hopeful that I will get my SIDE cart. Since I was one of the first 5 to order (I believe) I guess it's fine that I will be one of the last to receive it. You can bet your ass I won't touch any product he is even remotely involved in from here on out, and I will do my best to make sure EVERYONE ordering new stuff from him knows the deal with how this SIDE deal has been handled. We've all been more than patient and more that fair but damnit - enough is enough.

The biggest problem with all hardware mods - it's so much fun to design new stuff, and so boring to actually build them in quantity, test, and ship them...

At the risk of feeding a troll..... If all he wanted to do was design and prototype for himself, there's no justification to take money from anyone for any project. It may not be fun, it may not be glamourous, it may not excite him but that's what Zaxon was paid to do by everyone who bought a SIDE from him. He was the one who offered the item for sell and promised and promised and promised and in some cases still has not delievered. :x

• Like 3

The problem I have (my SIDE did arrive after ~ 7 months) is that when things like this happen people are left with a bad taste in their mouth and it can jeopardize future projects from others.

Any such project has a critical mass to make it viable, and often there's economy of scale that can be attained when the order book is bigger again, so ultimately other projects might become more expensive and less frequent.

• Like 2

Yep - I've been asked to do another run of SIDEs (and after all, they're great devices and SIDE + Ultimate 1MB will be a combination to be reckoned with), but even if I did, this doesn't help those who paid months ago for something they still haven't received. I've spoken to Zaxon a lot in the past, and he's always been helpful... he even gave me a monitor... but then again I was the one developing the software so if I didn't have SIDE carts the whole project was dead in the water. I am at a loss to provide any kind of rationalisation for someone flaunting new projects when there's a backlog with previous projects. No amount of personal issues, unemployment, etc, can explain this. Unless the SIDE money already got spent and the new projects are to pay for the parts to satisfy the previous orders... I have no idea.

(...)

there's no justification to take money from anyone for any project. (...) :x

...Because (in such case) Zaxon's SIDE offer would be called a SCAM, a FRAUD. PERIOD.

It is what it is (and I did all I could here to raise concern / attention around this, A LONG time ago). It is not about the money... It is about the INTENTION.

I've pretty much given up hope on ever receiving my SIDE. I'm assuming that Zaxon is a petty thief at this point. I have emailed him countless times and I have not received even one response.

I am a very reasonable fellow and give people the benefit of the doubt way more often than I should. But in this case I really think I was ripped off.

and another fruitfull day at zaxon's fun house....

(...)

seems side is ver very low on priority list

...I believe it is TIME for you to permanently remove Zaxon from the equation.

The un-fulfilled list of buyers is posted here (THANKS to ad-honorem efforts of a member). If you believe there is a way to get this done, without jeopardizing Incognito's timeline, simply go ahead, and let us know the options and pricing... and poll the interest. If you get enough replies, well, there's a chance.

So, I'm part of the side for a month at home plate will be the end of next week. Unfortunately, I was bankrupt. Now I'm working on the site 12 hours a day and try to discharge all outstanding transactions. Among other things, the ultrasatan. I did ultrasatan also because people are waiting. I've done and sent out 129 SIDE I will do the rest and also circulate. More I'm not going to do, as well as other things. I just want to get out of this situation that everyone got their device. If I wanted someone to cheat, I'd cut off an email and was not interested in the topic.

PCB for Spectrum? I bought them from a friend of the forum.

I apologize for this mess, I do what I can but I only have two hands.