IGNORED

Which game should be ported to ATARI 2600 ?

Ah. . . yes. . . asteroid rotation. . . I could see how that would be a problem. But I'm sure a 2600 version wouldn't be EXACTLY the same as the arcade. I think Star Wars is pretty good, even though it has it's differences. Its topics like this that make me wich I had the time, patience, and motivation to program my own games. (Round of cheers for the homebrewers!)

Empire Strikes Back. . . the vector graphics arcade version. . . Star Wars Arcade was done. . . why not this one?  

Because if I'm not mistaken ESB arcade came out in 84/85 when the 2600 was pretty much dead. Besides, the game tanked in the arcades (it was a kit for the original (and much more popular) game and wasn't nearly as much fun).

Tempest

I agree 100%. ESB doesn't even come close to Star Wars Arcade, and the fact it was a kit didn't help. Who wants to convert their awesome Star Wars Arcade into a less entertaining ESB title (Although I believe there was a way you can have both)? However. . . I think it would be much better than the Empire Strikes Back that we have.

Nah my brother and I played that game constantly as kids :) We'd turn down the brightness to get a black background ("space") and jack the color up to get bright colored ships. :lol:

Hey, that's a pretty good idea! My sister and I would rationalize away the green as it as best we could. It's a space-age fight to the death deep within the dreaded Avacado Nebula!

Hi there!

Dead Eye from Meadows seems to be very well suited for the VCS:

yDead_Eye.png

As for the gameplay: Basically the cowboy tosses a coin in the air and tries to keep it there by shooting it again and again. The other stuff you can shoot for bonus. Very simple and I can imagine a very fun 2600 port, with lot's of gameplay variants.

Greetings,

Manuel

Nah my brother and I played that game constantly as kids :) We'd turn down the brightness to get a black background ("space") and jack the color up to get bright colored ships. :lol:

Hey, that's a pretty good idea! My sister and I would rationalize away the green as it as best we could. It's a space-age fight to the death deep within the dreaded Avacado Nebula!

Yeah it worked great! :) But I think in today's "modern" tv's the idea doesn't work out as well.. for some reason no matter how much I tweak my tv today, I just can't get that tube burning bright glow from the ships nor can I get that dark dark black background anymore :sad:

I found a couple of pics that I had posted directly to the threads:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19447

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13251

download.php?id=2187

download.php?id=491

Super Bologna Man and Bolok

Bolok being variation on Turok..but with bologna sandwiches.

I'd love to see the 2600 version of:

1. Wild Western from TAITO

2. [non-arcade] Mattel football handheld game for the 2600... those red blips rule...

and in case you miss those old Mattel handhelds, or just want to see something really cool... check THIS out:

http://www.peterhirschberg.com/handheld/le...dhead/index.htm

Hi there!

Is 2600 "Star Ship" supposed to be a port of Ataris "Starship 1" arcade?

So after updating MAME I was finally able to play some rounds of the "Starship 1" arcade. It's surprisingly good. Very fast paced action.

If the VCS "Star Fire" is really supposed to be a port of this, than I must say that the this is the one port that is worse than Pac-Man.

Someone should port it again, using very big (Fu Kung!) sprites for some serious high-speed action...

Greetings,

Manuel